YT Jeffsy - anyone own one?

msav

Squid
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a new YT Jeffsy, however I haven't ridden many 29ers so still unsure as to whether to go down this path.

With Trek eliminating the remedy 29er and the SC High Tower being double the price I figured this was probably the best option. I don't think I need 160mm travel for the trails around Sydney, and the bigger wheels offset the shorter travel nicely.

Has anyone bought or ridden the Jeffsy and has any thoughts?

Cheers

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a new YT Jeffsy, however I haven't ridden many 29ers so still unsure as to whether to go down this path.

With Trek eliminating the remedy 29er and the SC High Tower being double the price I figured this was probably the best option. I don't think I need 160mm travel for the trails around Sydney, and the bigger wheels offset the shorter travel nicely.

Has anyone bought or ridden the Jeffsy and has any thoughts?

Cheers
There's a big thread on MTBR which should be of good reference - in the YT section.

msav

Squid
what do you reckon - the base alu model for $3,300, or next one up for $1,000 more to get RCT3 forks and RT3 shock and XT groupset. I'm not that fazed by XT as the SLX stuff is still very good, but is the suspension upgrade worth the bump?

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
From what I've read there isn't much difference in the feel of the forks, just the amount of adjustment available.

Not sure about the rear though it was hard to find much information on it. Could buy a pretty sweet shock for the price difference though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk