YT vs Polygon vs Commencal

padams10003

Likes Dirt
I'm wanting to upgrade my 2014 Aurum as i want to upgrade wheel size (26" to 27.5") and increase the frame size - only M frame (420mm reach). My other bike is a L Strive (468mm reach) which feels much better size wise.

Budget is around $4000 and I am currently looking at the following bikes (all 2017 models);
  • Polygon DH8 size XL
  • YT Tues Al size L
  • Commencal Supreme V4.2 Essential size L
  • Commencal Furious size L

The DH8 has a better fork than the others (Boxxer team vs RC), but otherwise there is very little between them spec wise.

I would probably get the supreme, but it seems that size XL is not available in Aus for the Essential. Because of this I'm probably leaning towards getting either the Tues or DH8, mainly because of the reach on them compared to the Supreme (Tues - 440 vs DH8 - 447 vs Supreme - 430).

Does anyone have anyone first hand experience with any of the above bikes?

Logic

Likes Dirt
try looking at the ones with a better fork:)

All of the above bikes are amazing! (I haven't ridden any of them but they all seem to have great reviews) :pound:
I would suggest getting one with the better suspension, I recently upgraded from the Boxxer RC to Team and it made a massive difference!
It has MUCH better small bump sensitivity and just feels really to ride over the course of a shuttle day.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm wanting to upgrade my 2014 Aurum as i want to upgrade wheel size (26" to 27.5") and increase the frame size - only M frame (420mm reach). My other bike is a L Strive (468mm reach) which feels much better size wise.

Budget is around $4000 and I am currently looking at the following bikes (all 2017 models);
  • Polygon DH8 size XL
  • YT Tues Al size L
  • Commencal Supreme V4.2 Essential size L
  • Commencal Furious size L

The DH8 has a better fork than the others (Boxxer team vs RC), but otherwise there is very little between them spec wise.

I would probably get the supreme, but it seems that size XL is not available in Aus for the Essential. Because of this I'm probably leaning towards getting either the Tues or DH8, mainly because of the reach on them compared to the Supreme (Tues - 440 vs DH8 - 447 vs Supreme - 430).

Does anyone have anyone first hand experience with any of the above bikes?
Have you emailed pushies? I enquired about a Meta Trail in different spec and size to what they had listed and they told me they were due another shipment in august so they may have an XL on that order.

I have a supreme V4 and its been fantastic. 12 months in and no dramas at all. Easy to work on, easy to get info from commencal head office for any questions i had. I bought frame only and built up though so cant speak for the quality of the build on the Essential, the vivid that came on the bike matched very well to the bike, if the Kage has a similar tune then it should perform well.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
I emailed them a few weeks back and they said that the 2018 bikes would land in oz by mid October. They have started to list some 2018 bikes, but the Supreme V4.2 Essential is only up to a large at this stage. Will have to email them again to see if it is going to be available in XL.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
What did you end up going with??
None of the above - went with a Canyon Sender (size L). I was a bit hesitant on going carbon (I see they have just released aluminium Sender's), but the size of it swung my vote (already had a large Strive and wanted something of similar length/reach).

Has been a great bike so far, worth every penny.

M4RT0

Likes Bikes
How was the whole process ordering from Canyon? And the building?

I've seen a Sender around at the local WA races, looks solid. I'm curious to know how the Ali version is to ride with it's slightly different design.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
How was the whole process ordering from Canyon? And the building?

I've seen a Sender around at the local WA races, looks solid. I'm curious to know how the Ali version is to ride with it's slightly different design.
It is the second Canyon I have bought. Both took less than 10 days to turn up. Building wise is simple - about 30-60 mins of setting it up.

I'm also curious about the Al sender. Surely it handles a fair bit different?