• yes no

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • yes no

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

binner

Hath shat hymself
why I am pretty quick on a dh rig

i might have to come out and do a race....

will be racing state champs for sure
if i only do one race this year ......

It's gunna have to wait for 12 months, this time many years ago...............

If you have been to the Park already this season you will no doubt have noticed the amount of construction taking place around the base area. One of these projects is the expansion of the GLC’s iconic Apres Patio. The new patio when complete will be considerably larger than the old one, so much so that we have had to do a realignment of the equally iconic GLC Drops to manage the speed and direction riders will take on their way to the aforementioned iconic patio for refreshments.

While planning the work we decided to shuffle the deck and do something new. The main drop has had the wood removed from the landing and been adjusted to accommodate a much larger range of speeds. Before you go and light up my social media channels with hate mail, check it out. The old “drop” has essentially always been a step-down jump and not a very good one at that. The old landing had a very limited range of speeds that “worked” and riders going too fast (most of you) would land out on the flats like a bobble head on a parking lot speed bump. The new landing, though optically “smaller” will let you go way bigger (read faster) while still having some transition to land on.

The other two GLC drops (Roll Bridge and old-school drop) had to go due to proximity to the new bike parking area above the deck. What we have built instead is a new technical drop and corner step-down that will be the new test piece for how macho your riding is. We even pruned the tree branches so the people on the patio can see how good your style is. I won’t even mention the transfer drop potential; you will need to find that bad boy on your own.

Other highlights of the week are the construction of Clownshoe2 which is going to be rad and the new start section of Dirt Merchant (photo above) which will have its own new school drop as well as a few more jumps to add to the legendary flow of this fan favorite trail.

Last edited:

toodles

Wheel size expert
I'm keen for Queenstown later this year as well. Late October is gonna be pushing it for weather though? Last two times I've been were early and then late November. The Early Nov trip saw some snow and stuff but the Skyline park was still clear for riding.

binner

Hath shat hymself
the cool nite stealth rides

I'm still waiting for you lot to man up and come nite XC riding with me @ bunya kok...every Tues nite 7.30pm

Quintin

Eats Squid
how are you mounting your shit on your helmet? i have an elaborate network of zip ties but its a prick to redo it every time i do a nightie