Zero Alcohol Limit - P Plates. Will I be safe?

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
So this morning was the traditional breaky with the extended family and I had an orange juice and champagne. It's probably been about 6 and a bit hours since I consumed the drink and I want to drive to see my girlfriend down on the south coast but with the ammount of booze buses around with Christmas. I'm a little hesitant although I'm rather confident that my driving will not be impeded by the small amount of alcohol.

So the question is:

After 6 and a bit hours will I be able to blow a 0.00 on the breathalyser, provided I drank probably half a glass of champagne.

A speedy response would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Drink lots and lots of water. You should be fine though, one glass of champagne is only around 0.7 or 0.8 standard drinks, nothing that isn't broken down and flushed out after a few hours.

Ryan

Radministrator
If you honestly drank that little you'll be fine...as I always understood it your body can generally metabolise about 1 standard drink per hour; so if you have one standard drink, say a midstrength beer, it's about one hour from finishing the beer until you'll safely blow 0.00.

This is just me extrapolating from all the don't drink and drive stuff you find strewn around your average pub though. I'm not a doctor but I've never blown over either ;)

S.

ex offender
Drink lots and lots of water. You should be fine though, one glass of champagne is only around 0.7 or 0.8 standard drinks, nothing that isn't broken down and flushed out after a few hours.
AFAIK consumption of water (or anything else) has no significant effect on your liver removing the alcohol from your blood, it just takes time.

Anyway, half a glass of champagne + 6hrs = almost certainly fine.

http://www.rupissed.com/ has an online calculator.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
AFAIK consumption of water (or anything else) has no significant effect on your liver removing the alcohol from your blood, it just takes time.

Anyway, half a glass of champagne + 6hrs = almost certainly fine.

http://www.rupissed.com/ has an online calculator.
Can help flush it out, a mate woke up on schoolies and got 0.02 had breakfast and about half an hour later was 0.000. Don't think it was a dodgey breatho either since it was apparently one of the proper ones, cost like $90 and has to be re-calibrated every 300 tests. But as said 6 hours is almost certainly fine, i drove home this morning at 8 after drinking last night. Even though i stopped drinking at 12 i still was a little bit worried, maybe take the back streets just incase ;)

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can help flush it out, a mate woke up on schoolies and got 0.02 had breakfast and about half an hour later was 0.000. Don't think it was a dodgey breatho either since it was apparently one of the proper ones, cost like $90 and has to be re-calibrated every 300 tests. But as said 6 hours is almost certainly fine, i drove home this morning at 8 after drinking last night. Even though i stopped drinking at 12 i still was a little bit worried, maybe take the back streets just incase ;)
Well, no. Drinking water. Eating bread. Drinking black coffee. All of them do fuck all. All of them are myths. Don't drink drive, from experience and that of close friends it's fucking downright stupid!!

Willis. You will be sweet. :)

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Well, no. Drinking water. Eating bread. Drinking black coffee. All of them do fuck all. All of them are myths. Don't drink drive, from experience and that of close friends it's fucking downright stupid!!

Willis. You will be sweet. :)
Im saying flushing it out of your mouth/throat. Oh and please don't take it that i was drink driving, i had only 3 drinks last night over a few hours with 7-8 hours sleep.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just punched in an average night of say for example 6 beers (185cm and 70kgs).....8 1/2 hours later RUPISSED.com reckons im at 0.051.......Hmmmm not good considering thats the legal limit for black licenses.....Anybody know how accurate this is?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No online calculator will be very accurate, regardless if anyone says otherwise. Your BAC does not just have to do with your weight and the amount you've drunk, but also physical fitness, physical activity undertaken whilst/afterwards drinking, what you've consumed etc.

The best way to sober up is to experience some form of sharp physical pain. :)

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I just punched in an average night of say for example 6 beers (185cm and 70kgs).....8 1/2 hours later RUPISSED.com reckons im at 0.051.......Hmmmm not good considering thats the legal limit for black licenses.....Anybody know how accurate this is?
Well six beers (if full strength of about 5%) is about 9 standard drinks so given that men can have 2 standard drinks in the first hour and 1 every hour after that to stay under .05 then that figure above seems to correspond with this.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No online calculator will be very accurate, regardless if anyone says otherwise. Your BAC does not just have to do with your weight and the amount you've drunk, but also physical fitness, physical activity undertaken whilst/afterwards drinking, what you've consumed etc.

The best way to sober up is to experience some form of sharp physical pain. :)
I realise this - I guess it also doesnt incorporate sleeping either....

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well six beers (if full strength of about 5%) is about 9 standard drinks so given that men can have 2 standard drinks in the first hour and 1 every hour after that to stay under .05 then that figure above seems to correspond with this.
Should have clarified - I was more meaning morning after sort of deal

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Sleep will not help as much as you are thinking as the hormones that are released while sleeping slow your metabolism right down too.

Many a person has had what they thought would be enough with a sleep afterwards to be "OK" and been done DUI

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
water won't help you lower your BAC, but it will force your liver and kidneys to work overtime to rid your body of excess water/toxin volume. As the saying goes, "once you pop, you cant stop"... after the first alcoholic piss, youll be back to the toilet every 20 mins haha.

i drink 2 glasses of water for every standard drink. keeps my head in the game and removes the hangover the next day... funny how a hangover feels alot like being dehydrated. its pretty much because they are one in the same thing...