Zumbi F44 ti

highharry

Likes Dirt
I have been looking into new frames/bikes for 2009 and am trying to get ball park figures so i know how heavy the piggy bank is going to have to be. I've been sussing out the Zumbi f44 ti and its looks pretty sweet and the geometry seems to be spot on. My main question, is the avalanche rear shock it comes with worth getting? Or save some money and get a dhx 5..or possibly eve a bos stoy because the avalanche and stoy are similar in prices. Also does anyone distribute these Zumbi's in OZ?

fishinabarrel

Likes Dirt
Interesting looking frame. Something very different to anything in Australia that is for sure. Why would you go for something so off the page?

I've put up some pictures to help along discussions... Enjoy..

Attachments

highharry

Likes Dirt
2600 i agree is alot of money but v10's, and primers are all in that same bracket. The reason im going for a bike with little known about is that it really appeals to me not only because know one else will have one, but the frame design im thinking will suit my riding. I've got a glory at the moment and its just too heavy for me to pick up throw into corners and easily jump/bunny hop over the ruff stuff. I used to ride hardtail and difference in weight was a killer, although i still go pretty much the same speed because of the suspension making it eat up the ruts, im looking somthing alot lighter (Zumbi coming in under 18kg once built). But i do realize it will never be the same as a hardtail. Being a uni student i dont have alot of dosh lying around but i recon it would pay off to get somthing that will suit me in the long run and not have to keep upgrading, so the extra few bob is worth it. The option of getting a custom geo for an extra 150 euros could also be a huge help, because i am stupidly tall at 6 foot 4 inches, and my arms and legs seem to be out of proportion with my torso. Considering the frame price i think i may have to go with fox dhx instead of a bos stoy or avalanche just get the fellas at my lbs to get it dialled nicely. And at the end of the day building up a bike and riding it will put a smile on my face for ever

kizza01

Likes Dirt
Have you considered that V10s etc are all popular because of their proven race pedigree and performance. To compared price alone is silly.

I dont know about these frames but reviews and geometry specs will lend more insight into how it will go, rather than a price comparison and weight.

Also take into account after sales service from a manufacturer that doesnt have a distriubuter or major user group in Australia.

slamer

Likes Dirt
i reckon go for it! a build kit with drivetrain, wheels, shocks and breaks can be upgraded as you go along. the frame looks beautifully engineered and as for race proven pedigrees of v-10's etc i think you could take any well built bike and with the large funding, good management and experienced riders of the sata-cruz team it would be just as sucsessful. if your going to spend lots of cash on a bike you may as well get the one you want. i think you should go with the avalanch shock because if they desinged the bike with the shock in mind you will get the most out of the bike.

Yeah bro, jump on that zumbi!! I want one too they have sick geo' and ti hardware. You will find that they are doing really well in europe as well so no reason not to get one. If you get one before me I'll be jealous as hell. Good luck..

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
That is a very HAWT looking frame, how much for one of these beauties?
I would tap that any day, definately worth getting shipped if you have to!

mann

Cannon Fodder
2600 i agree is alot of money but v10's, and primers are all in that same bracket. The reason im going for a bike with little known about is that it really appeals to me not only because know one else will have one, but the frame design im thinking will suit my riding. I've got a glory at the moment and its just too heavy for me to pick up throw into corners and easily jump/bunny hop over the ruff stuff. I used to ride hardtail and difference in weight was a killer, although i still go pretty much the same speed because of the suspension making it eat up the ruts, im looking somthing alot lighter (Zumbi coming in under 18kg once built).
Almost the same reason why I got the F44 Ti.I was just compelled to have a go at it and even do a distributorship for them in Singapore.

Just managed to complete my build on Saturday,20th September 08.
Weight came in at 38lbs
Mine is a Custom F44 Ti with shorter toptube and polished finish.
The test ride was awesome!!Having ridden a Commencal SupremeDH and Turner DHR before...the F44 felt just as good.It felt fast over stuffs I've ridden on the two others.
I'll post a full review and probably do a video on it soon.
Not finished with the build as I have to put on new stickers on the frame and still trying to shed off some weight off the bike.

Laterz.....

mann
Delmatic Racing/Zumbi Cycles

mann

Cannon Fodder
MANN did u get the frame without the shock and put a dhx 5 with ti spring on it?
Correct.All my frames will come in without Avalanche.I'll be running them with DHXs.
The DHX on my frame is an 06.Still works fine.But I reckon the 09s will feel a little better.
Hmmm........was thinking of getting certain parts of the frame powder coated black.
What do you think?
I'll post more photos soon......:)

highharry

Likes Dirt
Correct.All my frames will come in without Avalanche.I'll be running them with DHXs.
The DHX on my frame is an 06.Still works fine.But I reckon the 09s will feel a little better.
Hmmm........was thinking of getting certain parts of the frame powder coated black.
What do you think?
I'll post more photos soon......:)
keep the polished thing going but choose a colour you like, a bright one blue or red and get it all decked out, the swing arms anodized in that colour, some token bolts for chain guide, token derailleuar wheels, 50/50's with coloured inserts. Red would go well with the red decals on the kowa's. And some black zumbi stickers for the front triangle. would look flaming hot.

Ive also a bit lost with your importing. Do you import into singapore? or singapore and australia?

mann

Cannon Fodder
keep the polished thing going but choose a colour you like, a bright one blue or red and get it all decked out, the swing arms anodized in that colour, some token bolts for chain guide, token derailleuar wheels, 50/50's with coloured inserts. Red would go well with the red decals on the kowa's. And some black zumbi stickers for the front triangle. would look flaming hot.

Ive also a bit lost with your importing. Do you import into singapore? or singapore and australia?
Kinda doing it for the South East Asian areas like Singapore,Malaysia,Indonesia and Thailand.Stocks should be in around early December but that depends much on my partner who is the company director.
Do you have a local distributor for Zumbi in Australia?Try get someone to do it.They are more than willing to have distributors around the world.

fairy1

Banned
I've been looking at one of these frames too, only thing that worries me is that it only runs a slightly rearward axle path. I am tossing up between a couple of frames mainly this one and a Canfiel bros F1 Jedi.

I've sent an email off aboout cost and postage etc, I'll let you all know what I buy soon.

Lorday

Eats Squid
AhardZumbiBoombidoombifarkinKombii

Translated into english- I have no comment on how it rides as I have not ridden it, but if you were a poser the bike would suit as it looks FARKIN awsome.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
2600 i agree is alot of money but v10's, and primers are all in that same bracket. The reason im going for a bike with little known about is that it really appeals to me not only because know one else will have one, but the frame design im thinking will suit my riding. I've got a glory at the moment and its just too heavy for me to pick up throw into corners and easily jump/bunny hop over the ruff stuff. I used to ride hardtail and difference in weight was a killer, although i still go pretty much the same speed because of the suspension making it eat up the ruts, im looking somthing alot lighter (Zumbi coming in under 18kg once built). But i do realize it will never be the same as a hardtail. Being a uni student i dont have alot of dosh lying around but i recon it would pay off to get somthing that will suit me in the long run and not have to keep upgrading, so the extra few bob is worth it. The option of getting a custom geo for an extra 150 euros could also be a huge help, because i am stupidly tall at 6 foot 4 inches, and my arms and legs seem to be out of proportion with my torso. Considering the frame price i think i may have to go with fox dhx instead of a bos stoy or avalanche just get the fellas at my lbs to get it dialled nicely. And at the end of the day building up a bike and riding it will put a smile on my face for ever
If weight is the biggest issue with your glory, why not get a Morewood Izumu DH or Orange 22X? You can build these up to under 17 kilos very easily and Squid had his Orange down to almost 15kgs at one stage.