Votes: 15 7.2%
  • Africa

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah good point?

Does that mean I can call you a Logan Bogan then? :p

I'm doing some very serious research into bogan subculture.

Seriously though, I find some people take their race or any other group they fit into waaayyyy too seriously. Personally, I don't give a toss.

Meh, I don't care. Makes me all the more proud when I've got private school educated kids working for me :p

My main area of concern is that research into cultural differences is commonly lambasted and refused funding/whatnot for "political correctness" reasons. As a result, genetic predispositions towards diseases, disorders and illnesses, as well as genetic resilience to the same, is overlooked for the sake of keeping everything cosy and happy.

In years to come, I feel researchers will look back at the delays we've burdened ourselves with and wonder what the f*ck we were really thinking.

I am of Ukrainian descent, I don't look or sound Ukrainian, but I can say difficult European words that most cannot, and put on a Ukrainian/Russian accent pretty well. It annoys me when people pronounce Kiev, key-evv, because that is not how it is pronounced, it is pronounced (kiyev, make a quick transition from the i to the y and you have got it). Also, people calling Ukraine, 'THE Ukraine' also pisses me off. We are an independent country now!

Damn capitalist pig dogs.

Incidentally..I do get a lot of shit from a friend about Chernobyl, but then we open a crate of NZ not-so-friendly fire.

Last edited:
I am of Ukrainian descent, I don't look or sound Ukrainian, but I can say difficult European words that most cannot, and put on a Ukrainian/Russian accent pretty well. It annoys me when people pronounce Kiev, key-evv, because that is not how it is pronounced, it is pronounced (kiyev, make a quick transition from the i to the y and you have got it). Also, people calling Ukraine, 'THE Ukraine' also pisses me off. We are an independent country now!

Incidentally..I do get a lot of shit from a friend about Chernobyl, but then we open a crate of NZ not-so-friendly fire.

perhaps they are refering the the area of land know as the ukraine rather than the country.

sorry mate but no-one cares enough about your country to learn its name. :D

perhaps they are refering the the area of land know as the ukraine rather than the country.

sorry mate but no-one cares enough about your country to learn its name. :D

Theres no land called 'the Ukraine'. It was known as THE Ukraine when it was part of the Soviet Union, which I think was disbanded back in 1991.

I know what ya mean, my mothers side is kind of Macedonian/Yugoslavian heritage, and whilst I can't speak any other language, I can do the old-skool wog pronounciation of words (not omggggzzzzz bro).

Theres no land called 'the Ukraine'. It was known as THE Ukraine when it was part of the Soviet Union, which I think was disbanded back in 1991.

I believe there is a region of land know as the ukraine, much like there is an area of land known as the baltic, and the urals and the Rhine valley

I am from a Russian (Ukrainian), Isreali descent. I can still speak russian as well as Hebrew. And |Matt| i know what ya mean :p.

It also would be intersting to find out what Religions people are? or if they are Athesit.

I'm Irish, from Ireland, with red hair & freckles & sunburn. We're not actually white, we're more of a pale blue colour that takes 2 weeks in the sun to turn white.

That's classic mate, made me laugh out loud (lol), incidentaly old aussie bush humour would have a bloke with red hair and freckles nick named as " blue " but as you've suggested it's an appropriate name, and yeah i'm still laughing, being able to take the piss out of yourself is a noble attribute.
Back on topic I have occaisionally seen non anglo looking people out riding and it never struck me as odd, I just thought the same as every other time i've seen another rider " cool someone else wanted to ride just like I did today".

That's classic mate, made me laugh out loud (lol), incidentaly old aussie bush humour would have a bloke with red hair and freckles nick named as " blue " but as you've suggested it's an appropriate name, and yeah i'm still laughing, being able to take the piss out of yourself is a noble attribute.
I completely plagiarised it from Billy Connolly but it is true for most Celtic races, except for the Gauls, & they're French so do things differently by definition.

or you live in one of our leafy green eastern suburbs that don't let "them kind" in unless they're cleaning the pool:rolleyes:.

thats quite a generalisation you've made there. could you elaborate please?

Well if I had the faintest idea what you're talking about and what exactly you'd like me to elaborate on, maybe... but I doubt it. Perhaps I could instead direct you to the latest instructional site on sarcasm :rolleyes:

Back