Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

toodles

Wheel size expert
Yeah good point?

Does that mean I can call you a Logan Bogan then? :p

I'm doing some very serious research into bogan subculture.

Seriously though, I find some people take their race or any other group they fit into waaayyyy too seriously. Personally, I don't give a toss.
Meh, I don't care. Makes me all the more proud when I've got private school educated kids working for me :p

My main area of concern is that research into cultural differences is commonly lambasted and refused funding/whatnot for "political correctness" reasons. As a result, genetic predispositions towards diseases, disorders and illnesses, as well as genetic resilience to the same, is overlooked for the sake of keeping everything cosy and happy.

In years to come, I feel researchers will look back at the delays we've burdened ourselves with and wonder what the f*ck we were really thinking.

|Matt|

Banned
I am of Ukrainian descent, I don't look or sound Ukrainian, but I can say difficult European words that most cannot, and put on a Ukrainian/Russian accent pretty well. It annoys me when people pronounce Kiev, key-evv, because that is not how it is pronounced, it is pronounced (kiyev, make a quick transition from the i to the y and you have got it). Also, people calling Ukraine, 'THE Ukraine' also pisses me off. We are an independent country now!

Damn capitalist pig dogs.

Incidentally..I do get a lot of shit from a friend about Chernobyl, but then we open a crate of NZ not-so-friendly fire.

Last edited:

tnankie

Likes Dirt
I am of Ukrainian descent, I don't look or sound Ukrainian, but I can say difficult European words that most cannot, and put on a Ukrainian/Russian accent pretty well. It annoys me when people pronounce Kiev, key-evv, because that is not how it is pronounced, it is pronounced (kiyev, make a quick transition from the i to the y and you have got it). Also, people calling Ukraine, 'THE Ukraine' also pisses me off. We are an independent country now!

Incidentally..I do get a lot of shit from a friend about Chernobyl, but then we open a crate of NZ not-so-friendly fire.
perhaps they are refering the the area of land know as the ukraine rather than the country.

sorry mate but no-one cares enough about your country to learn its name. :D

|Matt|

Banned
perhaps they are refering the the area of land know as the ukraine rather than the country.

sorry mate but no-one cares enough about your country to learn its name. :D
Theres no land called 'the Ukraine'. It was known as THE Ukraine when it was part of the Soviet Union, which I think was disbanded back in 1991.

'Ross

Eats Squid

I know what ya mean, my mothers side is kind of Macedonian/Yugoslavian heritage, and whilst I can't speak any other language, I can do the old-skool wog pronounciation of words (not omggggzzzzz bro).

tnankie

Likes Dirt
Theres no land called 'the Ukraine'. It was known as THE Ukraine when it was part of the Soviet Union, which I think was disbanded back in 1991.
I believe there is a region of land know as the ukraine, much like there is an area of land known as the baltic, and the urals and the Rhine valley

RacelineBoy

Likes Dirt
I am from a Russian (Ukrainian), Isreali descent. I can still speak russian as well as Hebrew. And |Matt| i know what ya mean :p.

It also would be intersting to find out what Religions people are? or if they are Athesit.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
I'm Irish, from Ireland, with red hair & freckles & sunburn. We're not actually white, we're more of a pale blue colour that takes 2 weeks in the sun to turn white.
That's classic mate, made me laugh out loud (lol), incidentaly old aussie bush humour would have a bloke with red hair and freckles nick named as " blue " but as you've suggested it's an appropriate name, and yeah i'm still laughing, being able to take the piss out of yourself is a noble attribute.
Back on topic I have occaisionally seen non anglo looking people out riding and it never struck me as odd, I just thought the same as every other time i've seen another rider " cool someone else wanted to ride just like I did today".

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
That's classic mate, made me laugh out loud (lol), incidentaly old aussie bush humour would have a bloke with red hair and freckles nick named as " blue " but as you've suggested it's an appropriate name, and yeah i'm still laughing, being able to take the piss out of yourself is a noble attribute.
I completely plagiarised it from Billy Connolly but it is true for most Celtic races, except for the Gauls, & they're French so do things differently by definition.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
or you live in one of our leafy green eastern suburbs that don't let "them kind" in unless they're cleaning the pool:rolleyes:.
thats quite a generalisation you've made there. could you elaborate please?
Well if I had the faintest idea what you're talking about and what exactly you'd like me to elaborate on, maybe... but I doubt it. Perhaps I could instead direct you to the latest instructional site on sarcasm :rolleyes: