Brooklyn Racelink in Orgasmic Orange! NEW PICS

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Finally Got the brooklyn racelink up and going AND COMPLETE!!!!!!

Here's the pics!!!!

Frame -Brooklyn Machine Works 'Racelink'
Rear shock -Avalanche DHS-3.00 with 400lb spring
Front shock/fork -Marzocchi 888rcv
Handlebars -Truvativ Hussefelt
Stem - 888 intergrated
Headset - FSA Pig DH Pro
Grips -ODI lockons
Saddle - WTB
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Front brake -Avid Code 5
Rear brake -Avid Code 5
Cranks -Profile 3 piece cromoly
Chainguide -BMW
Chain - shimano 9 speed
Pedals -Wellgo
Rear derailleur - SRAM x7
Rear shifter -SRAM x7
Cassette - no idea...the SRAM one from my aline
Front hub -KT 20mm 32H
Rear hub - DaBomb 135x12mm 32H
Front rim - Mtx S-type
Rear rim - Mtx S-type
Spokes - DT swiss
Nipples - ??
Tyres - Kenda Nevagal(2.5) on the front, 2.7 Maxxis Minion DH Rear
Tubes - ??
Total weight -22.46kg!!!

Last edited:

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Ja get that shock sorted out?
Yeh I did, sorta. Got it serviced by kegs at cycle logic. Didn't get it valved though. He said id be better off just getting the thing working and see what its like before I even think about valving it.

Now I've ridden the bike I know its too soft. So I either need a harder spring, or see about getting it valved.

Overall its a nice bike, but im yet to take it offroad. Won't be another week before I get a chance.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How does the gear box feel to ride?
Also whats with the milk bottle, you would think they'd design it so the chain doesnt jump up and bite your leg.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks very yummy mate, glad that you got the orange paint all you need now is some brooklyn stickers.

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
How does the gear box feel to ride?
Also whats with the milk bottle, you would think they'd design it so the chain doesnt jump up and bite your leg.
Ok well firstly its not a gear box. Its the jackshaft system. I need to tighten the left hand side chain because it takes a little bit to engage because the chain is too slack. Other than that works brilliantly.

Secondly. The milk bottle?? You talking about the chain guide bit? Its just made out of white plastic. Was going to paint it but no point. Would just scratch off....

McPete

Likes Dirt
That's quite a solid looking rig there. Colour suits nicely too. We'll have to catch up sometime soon and have a closer look!

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh I did, sorta. Got it serviced by kegs at cycle logic. Didn't get it valved though. He said id be better off just getting the thing working and see what its like before I even think about valving it.

Now I've ridden the bike I know its too soft. So I either need a harder spring, or see about getting it valved.

Overall its a nice bike, but im yet to take it offroad. Won't be another week before I get a chance.

I have a sneaking suspition that this thing would plow like a D12. Absolutely awsome rig and RIG being the operative word.

On the valving front, don't use your spring as a tuning medium. Just use it to get your sag where you want it (I'd be running nearly 40% on this thing to lower it a bit) and then tune the feel with the valving from there.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks very very tricky, and that is why I must ask.....

What is all the buisness under the seat for if the bike still has a rear mech? I though it was a gearbox at first but I was wrong. :confused: Is it so that you have drive from both pedals or something?

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks very very tricky, and that is why I must ask.....

What is all the buisness under the seat for if the bike still has a rear mech? I though it was a gearbox at first but I was wrong. :confused: Is it so that you have drive from both pedals or something?
I'll take a stab at answering that. I think it's because there is such a high pivot point. when you have a high pivot there's a lot of chain growth so to get rid of chain growth you run the chain from the pivot? same kind of thing for say a cowan ds so there is no chain growth the suspension pivots around the BB. I think thats it :eek::confused:

very nice rig by the way bet it'd be very plush and solid :)

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
I'll take a stab at answering that. I think it's because there is such a high pivot point. when you have a high pivot there's a lot of chain growth so to get rid of chain growth you run the chain from the pivot? same kind of thing for say a cowan ds so there is no chain growth the suspension pivots around the BB. I think thats it :eek::confused:

very nice rig by the way bet it'd be very plush and solid :)
Close. It stops chain growth. There's none whatsoever. But also stop pedal bob. The cog at the top runs through the pivot, isolating pedal induced feedback in the suspension....

And the lizard skin remark....good luck finding something to fit this beast!

It looks tacky, but serves a purpose. Once I work out where the chain is hitting the swingarm, ill then replace it with a suitable material cut to size like the clear 3m vinyl stuff...

H

>Henry

Mmm I was wondering when this beast was going to be painted built up and ready to roll. I assume you ended up having difficulties fixed up, at a reasonable price too I hope?

Also concerning the wieght I'd consider that pretty damn good considering there's a fair bit of wieght hanging around that drivetrain area ;).

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Yeh everything has pretty much been sorted.

Just minor things need to be fine tuned.

The weight is pretty good considering is a cromoly frame, and cromoly cranks.

Its probably only 2.5 maybe 3kg heavier than my aline

Sam.

Eats Squid
2.5-3kg... Thats alot in terms of bikes, even dh bikes! Looks sweet though, orange looks sweet! Kegs is the man!
Ps, I say get a slim roady seat along with the thomson, it will set it off something awesome!