Brooklyn Racelink in Orgasmic Orange! NEW PICS

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Ahh
thats a great idea, innovative BMW for you
ride her hard mate
It is but it isn't....ur very limited on what shock u can run as a piggy back resivior won't fit.

So u need to run some sort of 9x3" shock with a res.....not too many of those around....

Stratos el jefe
Avy dhs3
Avy mtn3
Manitou swinger
And apparently there is a fox dhx with resi...never seen one tho

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
that bike gives a big finger to all the weight weenies and i farkin love it.
23kg heavy? my malvern star dragster i got when i was 5 was about that:D

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Why do all Brooklyn's have Profile cranks?
Nice bike.
If you haven't noticed, they are left side drive.

I mean if u really wanted you could run a truvativ or raceface, but then your pedals would come loose and fall out because the thread would be running the wrong way...

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Thats fricken AMAZING mate.

Thats a shit load of chain to :D
Yeh tell me about it! In the end I had to buy 3 fricken chains! The chain that drives the wheel (right side of bike) requires 2 9spd chains to be joined, as 1 chain isn't long enough. So its about one and a half chains for the right side.

And one 8 speed chain for the left side. I bought an eastern half link chain from TBSM yesterday for $35, so hopefully I will have that on by the weekend.

scarecrow8888

Likes Dirt
man you have to come to a vicdh state race or a national in or near vic so i can have a ride of that thing. i have wanted one of those since i first saw them. how much did it send you back? frame and shock wise? and did oyu get it from that importer guy at blue mountain bikes?

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
man you have to come to a vicdh state race or a national in or near vic so i can have a ride of that thing. i have wanted one of those since i first saw them. how much did it send you back? frame and shock wise? and did oyu get it from that importer guy at blue mountain bikes?
Haha yeh. There's a post on farkin that I started waaaaaay back in 2003 about brooklyns..I wrote that I wanted one...well 5 years later I got one!!!

Yeh I got the frame from Rod at blue mountain bikes. He had it on ebay for $1650, less than a year old. I was the only one who bid on it!
In the end I paid $2005 for frame, cranks, rear shock and profile sprocket.
I believe brand new you will pay around $5500...so I got it dirt cheap.
When I bought the frame it was white, with a few scratches.
So I sandblasted it, powder coated it, and slapped on some stickers and the thing looks pratically brand new!

Took it out for a ride last weekend. Performed a lot better than I thought. I need to buy another spring as the 400lb isn't too good for drops. Corners a lot better than the Norco Aline I had, felt pretty stable. And worked almost flawlessly. Couldn't be happier.

Definitely worth the 6 grand I spent in total!!!!