2009 NSW DH State Series Races

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok i will try and get that sorted, as for whats funny about a-lines at thredbo, i think i am missing out on the humor...
Thredbo is an awesome track, but compared to other tracks it is like a B-line the whole way down!

ja_har

Likes Dirt
I live in Tamworth, The nearest club would have to be coff's 3 hours away.
There are only about 4 DH'ers in Tamworth so there isn't really a demand for a club in the area.
There is club in Armidale that quite a few Tamworth guys are member of to get an MTBA membership, a lot closer than Coffs. PM trotts7 for details.

Dug

Likes Dirt
I live in Tamworth, The nearest club would have to be coff's 3 hours away.
There are only about 4 DH'ers in Tamworth so there isn't really a demand for a club in the area.
Got some interest over here on the coast and getting more bodies every day. Mate I'd be up for some digging at Tamworth. Just name the weekend,My niece lives in Calala so I'm out there now and then. I'm over Near Wauchope.

As fir Thredbo more endurance Downhill if you as me, It will sort them out, Fun track bring it on ;)

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got some interest over here on the coast and getting more bodies every day. Mate I'd be up for some digging at Tamworth. Just name the weekend,My niece lives in Calala so I'm out there now and then. I'm over Near Wauchope.

As fir Thredbo more endurance Downhill if you as me, It will sort them out, Fun track bring it on ;)
Thanks dug, as you have probably heard i am designing and building a DH on my dad's place that ime hoping will be pretty dang good when finished, i can afford to put in lots and lots of time and effort because it's on private property.
I will be using heavy machinery to carve out berms in the side of gullies, ect...
As i scoped out a possible line the other day i came across an old step down waterfall! i was thinking about building a line down it with NS, it would make an interesting section! This weekend i will hopefully be able to scope more possible lines and mark a line out with tape.

I would have to ask dad but you might be able to come across for a weekend for a build. (sorry i can't offer a ride, but there aren't any trails yet!)

As for joining a club, i think i will look into coff's. I know a few fellas over there (dozer, sox, and now dug).

If i can't get it done (club membership) in the next month, then i will get a mtba license of the net (mtba web-site).

Cheers, and hopefully i will be able to make it for Thredbo (if i can convince the parents):D

entombed

membarrrr
Dozer and the boys and girls of the Coffs area wanted to be rested this year. Plus Dozer who is the major organiser up there has a pretty full up year with a personal life. Sorry I wanted to go back to Coffs as well, but you cant have it all.
The rumour going around is because the club still hasnt been paid by bright orange events from 08 race. Is this the case?

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Alrite because of the complaints I have gotten in regards to this I have decided to drop the split practice groups.
So now when people get landed on or you get caught behind a slower rider or scare a slower rider into crashing, you will have no-one to blame but yourselves, but hey that is what the majority seems to want!!!!?
You still wont be able to do A lines if you enter a day licence because as I see it, you are an amateur. I don't care how good your riding skills are, because I know that I can't turn up to the Mariners V Newcastle and expect to be allowed to play in the game with out playing at the very least one club level game. Hell I couldn't even play at club level unless I joined the local club first and then hope I got selected in the team to play at a STATE level.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Wayno you are GOD just stay what we need to do & we will all follow :D

PS: I agree with the split practice periods it is heaps safer for all divisions I guess I should have spoken up earlier bunner :(

skinny666

Central Tableland MBC
Numbers will be allocated to each rider after Registration this will remain your number for the duration of the series, loss of plate or forgetting your plate at your next attended State race will result in a loss of 10 series points.

Am i the only one who read this part or is every one happy with loosing points because you have left your late on the coffee table with your MTBA license.??

I recon we should just have to pay for a new one..!!

And the whole split practice is the best idea, safe and you can go walk the track while the others are practicing and you just caned it WTF for cause people are wigging, whole shit a mountain bike even and there are people wigging.

Man-up wayno and put the split practice back in..!!!!!

The whole new format/look of the state series is AWESOME and i can't wait to get into the season.
Plus building a new rack at Lithgow is guna be farkin SWEET.!!

Cheers

chops

Likes Dirt
split practise:D:D no split practic:(:(
split practice is the best it makes it so much easier to get a decent practice run in no matter what practise group your in,
cause the little kids wont be scared that someone really quick will hit them around a blind corner and the fast guys wont have to watch for little kids just there for the fun of it when the really serious guys going are going like a billion times faster than them, just remember what happened to Brad Kelly at the state champs last year that could of been avoided if thier were split practise(i think, correct me if im wrong)..just my opinion..

cheers
liam

lavis77

Likes Bikes
Split Practice

When the split practice first surfaced a few years ago I thought it was going to suck as well. But after riding with those conditions over the past few years I know it works well. You get more quality runs in with people of your own ability. Now I find it frustrating when we don't have split practice. Sure you have less hours to practice but as long as the hours are maximised by good planning and shuttle turn around the quality of practice is definitely improved.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
Alrite because of the complaints I have gotten in regards to this I have decided to drop the split practice groups.
So now when people get landed on or you get caught behind a slower rider or scare a slower rider into crashing, you will have no-one to blame but yourselves, but hey that is what the majority seems to want!!!!?
You still wont be able to do A lines if you enter a day licence because as I see it, you are an amateur. I don't care how good your riding skills are, because I know that I can't turn up to the Mariners V Newcastle and expect to be allowed to play in the game with out playing at the very least one club level game. Hell I couldn't even play at club level unless I joined the local club first and then hope I got selected in the team to play at a STATE level.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Split practice benefits everyone. Why do you think they use it at national rounds? I totally agree with Lavis.

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, I am going to jump onto this thread late and give my much inflated opinions as follows,

1 Split practice is a good idea for safety reasons (if not for other reasons such as riding with mates, fixing breakdowns etc)

2 Number for the series is a good idea.

3 Number based on last years series points is good.

4 D grade for day licence is a good way to get people to commit for a whole series or piss off.

5 Yes Thredbo is one fast filthy B line and I am looking forward as hell to it. Never raced there yet but will give it a good go for the old fellas....

Well done on organising the series!!!! I don't see many people putting thier hands up to take it on.

Steve

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Hey Skinny just don't loose it and you'll be right! Stick it in your gear bag when you finish your race that way it is all ready to go when you get to the next race. I have faith in ya mate. I made it this way so the riders plates were not forgotton because if you just have to buy another one that will only hurt your wallet and no incentive to look after it, but I wanted to be sure the riders didn't forget it and figured this would be the best way. Plus you will have a nice momento at the end of the series with mud and dust from the different trails we have been to.

Am i the only one who read this part or is every one happy with loosing points because you have left your late on the coffee table with your MTBA license.??

I recon we should just have to pay for a new one..!!

Cheers

skinny666

Central Tableland MBC
Hey Skinny just don't loose it and you'll be right! Stick it in your gear bag when you finish your race that way it is all ready to go when you get to the next race. I have faith in ya mate. I made it this way so the riders plates were not forgotton because if you just have to buy another one that will only hurt your wallet and no incentive to look after it, but I wanted to be sure the riders didn't forget it and figured this would be the best way. Plus you will have a nice momento at the end of the series with mud and dust from the different trails we have been to.

Yeah i see your point, just do me a favoure and enforce it across the board. No special favours.!!

I dont care if i loose points ill never do any good in elite, its only going to effect the top 5 or 6 riders in each category so thats why i think its silly.!!
But we do need something inpalce to ensure we are all bring our plates to the next race.!!

I know you have faith in me but so i do leave it @ home what will you give me at rego.? a generic black plate with my number written with a sharpy..?

Sorry to be a pain dude, but like i said its awesome you have thought of this new structure and its mostly Spot-on, i just wanted to give some feed back on the things that you could have issues with, also what other people think.

Cheers Skin

T-Rex

Template denier
Group A/B split

I am open to any ideas on making it work better? please anyone give your thoughts to help me out here.
Put Masters 3/4 into Group B - we are usually in the "slow" group in split practice races. That will even it up a bit.