So who's going to toowoomba?

stevenw

Pro Rider
It looks like its going to be great weather for racing.

Good luck to all those racing and will see you all at Illinbah.

Steve

louispijpers

model citizen
Wrong. Thats why they have a H/T cat for Hardtails to give them a fair chance.

The different between senior and junior is H/T is age. If you are turning 17 this year you go in senior if you are not turning 17 this year you go junior hardtail.
Hardtails can race in which ever category they want buddy, just not vice-versa...

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It looks like its going to be great weather for racing.

Good luck to all those racing and will see you all at Illinbah.

Steve
Will Rhys be racing here or overseas?

Ok looks like I am wrong. But realistically if you are on a hardtail and its your first race you may as well race in the Hardtail category.

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
Shouldn't be too much competition in under 15 hardtail...you'll do fine.

I'm racing U19 on a gt dhi.
I expect to get top 5, although i'm going to try to win it.

I love you Jarred :D you are a FUNNY man

Yer, about this hardtail debate, Chris Kovarik used to race Elite on a hardtail I'm pretty sure, so i don't see why you couldn't race in any age group or catagre, you're going to be at a complete disadvantage tho.

Last edited:

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Juzzo - Shut ya hole. It won't rain.

To the dude who wants to know a good gear.. I ran 32:16 when I rode HT at Toowoomba a few years back. I can spin pretty sweet and would rather spin then push so it suited me. Might be a bit easy if your not too fast with the legs.

And HT can enter any category as long your age fits within the class. Riding a HT gives you less advantage against full susspesnion.

Joy

Likes Dirt
Right, I have signed up (Sport) and am ready to make a fool of myself :D

T-bar, here we go!
Haha man, wish I was riding, I'm usually in Sport too.
-Team DLR (David Lee Roth)
-Team uniform: Sequins, spandex and massive hair

party76

Likes Dirt
do not under estimate how quick a good rider on a hardtail can go lads! after the race is run compare the top 5 times to any other class and you may well just get a fright! its not the bike that performs it is the nut behind the wheel!:cool:

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
i downloaded the entry form and it was $55 and $50 for practice so where do we pay the money to?
umm it is only a one day event so u dont pay for 2 days only the 55 for the race day.

It is private shuttles on the Saturday.

And you pay it at the registration at the bottom of the track between 7-8 on sunday shuttles start at eight.

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just wondering on the pdf the payment says practice is $50 and the entry is $55.

does this mean i will be paying $105 for the saturday practice shuttles and my race?

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
just wondering on the pdf the payment says practice is $50 and the entry is $55.

does this mean i will be paying $105 for the saturday practice shuttles and my race?
Obviously you didnt read my other post sean jeez , its private shuttles on saturday and you only pay for the sunday cause its only a one day event

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sorry i meant to say the shuttles on sunday, they are $50 and $55 for raceing.