Electric Guitar

Joy

Likes Dirt
hey guys i got a new guitar not so long ago. Randy Rhoads js30:D
Nice, I'll always have a soft spot for the Rhoads. Easily the coolest "pointy" shaped guitar out there. Hopefully yours will be better than the piece of crap one I used to have, but then again mine was the cheapest model.

So, it's finally here. I'm coming to Melbourne for the first time ever on Thursday. I'm playing at the Castle on the 28th and the Evelyn on the 29th. Matt, I hope you can make it still! Spread the word for me! Any other melbournites?

I'll also be in Sydney and Canberra on the 5th and 6th for the World Champs. Anyone else in this here guitar thread going? It'd be sweet to put some faces to names.

SGT. BILcO

Likes Dirt
Hells yer Joy...if into the ocean ever comes to Redlands ill go see you guys.
Btw that ?alatana? song is friggen sweet. Have you guys got a record deal, or something?

Joy

Likes Dirt
Btw that ?alatana? song is friggen sweet. Have you guys got a record deal, or something?
Nah we haven't. We are looking but I don't think it's super necessary in this day and age. Does Redlands (and surrounding areas) ever have all ages metal shows or anything? My mates band The Ride plays out there all the time, but they're not really metal.

|Matt|

Banned
So, it's finally here. I'm coming to Melbourne for the first time ever on Thursday. I'm playing at the Castle on the 28th and the Evelyn on the 29th. Matt, I hope you can make it still! Spread the word for me! Any other melbournites?.
Yeah I'll try and make it!

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WTF, you live in the Redlands? Which suburb buddy? I'm in Wello Point.
Can't say I've heard of any Metal Shows around here Joy.. I'm sure SGT will fill you in though.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
Joy if you play a gig in sydney somwhere let me know and ill take my old fart ass out to check you guys out. no shit you guys are one of the best things ive heard in a long time

Joy

Likes Dirt
Joy if you play a gig in sydney somwhere let me know and ill take my old fart ass out to check you guys out. no shit you guys are one of the best things ive heard in a long time
Thanks man :)

We're planning some Sydney shows for October/November I think, but I'll definately let you know.
My mate's band Hereafter are playing some shows there next month. Not sure if they're up your alley, but if you like them you should check them out. Easily one of the tightest up-coming hardcore bands in Australia.
www.myspace.com/hereafterhc

sam705

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the headsup on Hereafter, Joy.
From what im hearing, they sound great!
Goodluck with Into The Oceans tour, too ;)

Joy

Likes Dirt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BDqBerXNY

Take 2. If Matt is indeed perma banned, this goes out to him. The funcore guy will be missed.

Joy, Hereafter sound great! Tell me if you're ever coming to WA. I'll be there. I love the sound you've got going.
Nicely done! I find that guitarists who don't play a lot of metal usually can't handle the distortion or match the tightness of the riffs.

I really rate Hereafter. They've toured SE Asia with Misery Signals! But yes, hopefully we'll get to Perth/WA sometime. Do you know of any well known local metal bands over there that we could contact?

Matt3134

Cannon Fodder
Thats sounding great man, although the intro is a little off. If you want tabs I can give them to you. Killswitch are amazing, I can play Rose of Sharyn, The End of Heartache and When Darkness Falls, but I love My Curse, I just never learned it (plus I don't have a delay pedal for the intro).

And thanks for the kind words haha, assuming funcore is a good thing and not a shot at my core music :p.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Nicely done! I find that guitarists who don't play a lot of metal usually can't handle the distortion or match the tightness of the riffs.

I really rate Hereafter. They've toured SE Asia with Misery Signals! But yes, hopefully we'll get to Perth/WA sometime. Do you know of any well known local metal bands over there that we could contact?
Thanks mate, and thanks Matt. I'm not really going for accuracy with any covers, more just for fun. It took a lot of takes to get some parts to how i liked it though. I like to play bits of everything because it gives you a broader pallet of techniques and skill. Metal is not only ridiculous fun, it's great for learning to keep a guitar quiet, and rhythm.

I <3 harmonising stuff.

EDIT: Metal's not really my scene, but you could try the guys in Next to Nothing? They're well connected.

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a hell of a truth!!.... I find most metal/hardcore riffs not too hard to play and learn but they just suck when I do... still never put in the yards to get them right. There is something to do with where they are played on the beat, the absence of any sense of swing and a brittleness in their punctuation. Its nice though that people do tend to learn to play in time these days even if their playing is in its infancy.

Stills its like that with most styles on the guitar... took me months to get the reggae strum right and I have only just nailed the country strum.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, can't believe Matt got permabanned for that...

Anyway...
Ajay, you lazy shit, get some clips up asap.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Wow, can't believe Matt got permabanned for that...

Anyway...
Ajay, you lazy shit, get some clips up asap.
Urgh... you're right im a lazy shit...

IN my defense ive pulled apart all my recording gear and am installing different software for my other electronic production stuff.

Havent had much of a chance to play eitehr, but holy crap the new pick ups sound amazing! Mick Brieley has done it again!!!

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh that's cool, that's cool.

Just means the clips will be better then yeah?

Sooo interested to hear this now..

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn its gone quiet here... anyone got anything interesting to say?

... all I've got is I have finally finished a really involved solo guitar arrangement of a Zappa piece that will drive my wife nuts for the next month as I attempt to learn it.

Anybody else problems with learning that impossible lick where after the 500th time through in a row someone just starts screaming at you?