Questions which will never have an answer...

toodles

Wheel size expert
Will they ever reach absolute zero?
No I don't think so. To make something cold you need something colder to remove the heat energy. Seeing as nothing can be colder than absolute zero, I can't see how you could cool something further. Obviously a true vacuum would be absolute zero, but that isn't something is it?

mr flat

Likes Dirt
Its been reported that human beings only use 10% of there brains potential, What would happen if we used 100%,
Science fiction style with teleconisis and such.

coopsy

Likes Bikes
If the Roman Empire had not of fallen, would we be more advanced in technology and if so how far?
I read a book about this... 'Twas a history book that looked at the premise that 'the victors write history' and among a whole heap of other points, suggested that the Roman Empire actually slowed down the advancement of technology and that various archelogical finds supported this. One of the examples that it used was some of the devices and inventions that existed in Greece prior to the Romans rocking up, and how these inventions that made life much easier for your average aristocrat, the Romans had no interest as it didn't further their military aim, so like Australia's scientific research budget over the last 15 years, it got junked.

Conclusion was that the the Romans were not more 'advanced' than any other civilisation at that point in time across most things (medicine, engineering etc) they just had a better army and subsumed the knowledge of the civilisations they took over and used it to their own ends if it suited their objectives.

Sticking with the Roman theme, the Roman Empire rose and fell in power and influence over it's existance (or at least the commonly accepted timeframe from Romulus and Remus to about the time the Vandals rocked up and stole stuff - allegedly and not supported by fact). Excluding violence and physical intimidation, how do people hold 'power' and what is 'power' in the political sense? The Romans held the power of their Emporer in high regard and soem emporers considered powerful were not really violent, at least by Roman standards, were they smarter or more manipulative? What defined their power?

ullysses

Likes Dirt
So in conclusion we have found that T-rex's are giant kangaroos that forgot to stop growing?
Broccoli are miniature trees that go nice with veil schnitzel?
Chickens are baby T-rex's with extra padding?
Sharks are forced to stay in the water, if not would they come out and eat us?

Dazbro

Likes Bikes
Egg came first, from an animal so close to being a chicken it hurts, the chicken hatched slightly different from its predecessor and was ever since called a chicken along with all its hatchlings and their hatchlings etc.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Egg came first, from an animal so close to being a chicken it hurts, the chicken hatched slightly different from its predecessor and was ever since called a chicken along with all its hatchlings and their hatchlings etc.
then what came before the animal that layed the chicken egg?

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
So you're saying 'dark' is going backwards?
Speed is not something that can have a negative value, he's just playin

oh, what would happen if your tubes were full of helium and you got a flat, would the bike fly away, because of the pressure, or would it sink into the earth because it was made above the earth by the helium, but was actually already on the surface of the earth??

one more question.

can anyone make sense of that??

cluster

Likes Dirt
How do I know when to highlight text to read it when I can't even see it? :confused: (you know, those hidden comment thingies people write).

Tallman

Likes Dirt
oh, what would happen if your tubes were full of helium and you got a flat, would the bike fly away, because of the pressure, or would it sink into the earth because it was made above the earth by the helium, but was actually already on the surface of the earth??

one more question.

can anyone make sense of that??
Since the helium would make your bike a little lighter (though it would be leaking out of your tubes if they were your standard ones...), if you did get a flat your bike would, as you put it, "sink into the earth".

Oh yeah, and how is "COMMENCAL" pronounced? :p
Co-men-cial.....I think
Nope.

Com-en-sarl
Ok then wise-guys, what about old mate "Commecnalrider"s name then? I'd pronounce it "Co-men-c-nal". Someone forgot to spellcheck their username...

Dandelion

Likes Dirt
If a car was somehow travelling >the speed of light and turned it's high beams on, would the headlights turn into black holes?