Scott 24hr 2009

SteppenW

Likes Dirt
Sportograf want to borrow your bike

The Sportograf photographers didn't pack a bike, so they are appealing to the generosity of Australia's mountain-biking public to help them out. They need 5 bikes to get them up and over Mt Stromlo: 2 large and 3 medium sized. Do you have a spare steed? If so, come down to the rego tent and give your details to Sue Dall (just your name and mobile should be good enough). Oh ... if you have a spare helmet, that would be a good thing too. Your reward? We'll give you a beanie and a coffee mug (with a coffee voucher).

smokeybear

Likes Bikes
All good now:

Forecast for Saturday
Generally fine and partly cloudy with only the chance of a light shower, chiefly to the east of the ACT. Light to moderate easterly winds.

City Precis: Partly cloudy.
City: Max 15
Tuggeranong: Max 15

Chance of rainfall: 15%.
Winds on Lake: Southeast 10 to 20 km/h.

UV Alert: 9:40 am to 4:10 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High]
Fire danger: Low-Moderate [01-11]

Sunday Chance of afternoon shower. Min 2 Max 17
Monday Mostly fine. Min 4 Max 21
Tuesday Showers, windy. Min 7 Max 16
Wednesday Showers, windy. Min 6 Max 14
Thursday Showers, windy. Min 7 Max 16
Friday Fine. Min 7 Max 16

the head

Likes Bikes
Good luck all. It was sunny at dawn but it's clouded over now. Great for racing but it makes morning beer tough.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
No Russ this year... and it shows

Russ isn't doing timing this year... hence why we haven't had an update.

I can tell you that Jason English is leading True Swain... and Jess Douglas is leading leading Trudy Nicholas...
I can't find any live updates on the Scott site either.

Anyone know where they are supposed to be?

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
How's the weather going? Its pissing down up here in the Blue Mts.

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

Edit: The weather radar in the A.C.T looks pretty good though...

Last edited:

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
How's the weather going? Its pissing down up here in the Blue Mts.

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

Edit: The weather radar in the A.C.T looks pretty good though...
Yeah, it's quite nice at the moment. Winds are civilized compared to last night and it's not that cold just yet. No sign of rain at the moment either.

Bring on the live timing. Walking to the event centre to check times is so 2008...

cog_nition

Likes Dirt
Yeah looks like I'll have to do it the hard way and head out there after work. Wot! and actually see real people on bikes and stuff!:eek:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Where for art thou Le Matelot?...the bringer of results and photos!
Well, I can bring you a few photos from Saturday here, but as Norm said, I am not doing the rego, timing and results this year, and it is not my software which is being used.

For those waiting for online results, 6 hours in and there are no results available at the race either, so you've got company.

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
As far as results go... what I can tell you is that I haven't seen any results at all... and I'm quite sure Russ isn't to blame for this....

Sorry I don't have more category results... but maybe check out twitter.com/scott24hr

dyon

Likes Bikes
Well, I can bring you a few photos from Saturday here, but as Norm said, I am not doing the rego, timing and results this year, and it is not my software which is being used.

For those waiting for online results, 6 hours in and there are no results available at the race either, so you've got company.
Great to get some photos. The order seems a bit odd though?