Scott 24hr 2009

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
LeMatelot an SteppenW I have sent an email to Casetech as suggested so I guess I'll see what happens.
Just gotta say a quick thanks to the gang at Castech as I sent a an email regarding lap numbers on Saturday evening and a quick check this morning of the online results have revealed problem fixed.
Thank you Castech my bragging rights are now official, love your work!

15 laps, 9th in solo male 40+ = Happy Jackstack :D

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Just gotta say a quick thanks to the gang at Castech as I sent a an email regarding lap numbers on Saturday evening and a quick check this morning of the online results have revealed problem fixed.
Yep. Mine were fixed over the weekend.

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Podium Photos

Anyone know if official photos were taken at presentation after the race? Or if any podium photos are available?

mous

Squid
Fastest laps posted

just wondering,
what were the fastest day and night laps other than the prologue on the shortened course??
Late last week we made the fastest laps available on onlineresults(.com.au), the fastest 3 men & women are at the top of the competition and each category. If you click the "more" link at the end of those, you'll get the top 20, men & women, night & day. The changeovers were approx. 7:10pm and 6:50am, the site is using any lap finishing from 7:20pm to 7am as a night lap. They do include lap 1. We've since added the time of day of the finish.

There were some late changes which meant some male/female riders were switched or we've guessed sex based on the name: we've cleaned it up but if you happen so see someone with the wrong sex, let us know.

Suggestions of other useful stats are welcome.

Any questions or issues, please use our ContactUs page.

SteppenW

Likes Dirt
More thanks to our loyal volunteers...

On Sunday we put on a post-Scott cleanup / barbeque / social ride.

Another perfect day at Stromlo Forest Park had a small crew of dedicated volunteers nit-picking plastic and other debris from the event centre and trails. I suspect a lot of it was left-overs from previous events, but we enentually collected about a trailer load of trash. Actually, the trails and campsites were remarkably clean considering a week prior there was a small city and makeshift highway network flogging the ecology. That speaks volumes for the mountain biking public's earth friendliness - well done everyone.

After the obligatory BBQ, the crew got ontheirbikes for a gel pack hunting expedition. There were a few at Holdens Creek, and one or two on the climb, but it looks like the roving marshals had done another great job. Somehow I lost sight of the social riders on the Pork Barrel descent (I took a wrong turn at Slick Rock) and thinking they were behind me I stopped for 5 minutes or so to admire the vegetation. It turns out the majority of them went down Skyline.

Continuing on, I encountered a teddy bears' picnic on the Blue return after the end of the beginners DH. They were going to look a bit tatty after a few months, so I took to them with the wire cutters and began stuffing them in my back-pack. After a while I ran out of room, so with a big purple rabbit sharing my waistband it was back to the pavilion. The bears will probably be resurrected next year, but 'till then they're bunking in my garage.

Mark Jenkins

Likes Bikes
Well done... very impressive

Thank you Castech my bragging rights are now official, love your work!

15 laps, 9th in solo male 40+ = Happy Jackstack :D
Congratulation... you deserve the bragging rights... you earnt it

Cheers

Mark