Scott 24hr 2009

cog_nition

Likes Dirt
Who's running the timing this year? Are they contracted by CORC or is it just new timing hard/software they are using? I see like alot of events they've gone to timing chips.

Last edited:

alleycat

Likes Bikes
Results

WooHoo, Jess is the 2009 Scott Australian 24 Hour MTB Champion. Congrats to Jess & Norm on a job well done. YeeHa! You bloody ripper.

alleycat

Likes Bikes
Results

Web site for Castech is working again but results published are a bit of a jumble......
These I believe are OK
Womens results:
1. Jess Douglas, 19 laps, 24.01.35.9
2. Trudy Nicholas, 18 laps, 23.25.43.8
3. Bec Parkes, 17 laps, 23.25.43.84
4. Justine Leahy, 16 laps, 23.02.43.5
5. Laura Marshall 12 laps 23.35:44.9
2. Jacqui Kennett 18 laps 24.46:06.6 is listed as second, but this doesn't fit with what Norm has been twittering

Mens Results:
1 Jason English 23 24.21:37.1
2 steve fitchett 22 24.07:53.6
3 John Blankenstein 22 23:54:48.3
4 Shane Taylor 21 23:55:03.1
5 David Ludenia 20 24.06:16.0

Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
1. Jess Douglas, 19 laps, 24.01.35.9
2. Trudy Nicholas, 18 laps, 23.25.43.8
2. Jacqui Kennett 18 laps 24.46:06.6 is listed as second, but this doesn't fit with what Norm has been twittering
Nor does it fit with Trudy having the same number of laps in 80 minutes less time.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Wow, the lack of detailed race info (rider lap times for instance, or, god forbid, team member names) available from the Castech site is disappointing.:(

Equally so, the official Scott 24 hour site making no mention at all of where one might go to find results during the race (on the offchance that any might be supplied).

One giant leap backwards for racekind. :(

Love to be in a position to give props about it all, but as a long term fan who couldn't make it to Stromlo this year, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed at the way the online audience for the event appears to have been utterly ignored.

Every year there's a wad of folks out there in internet land hanging out to hear some reults on how their mates are going.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Wow, the lack of detailed race info (rider lap times for instance, or, god forbid, team member names) available from the Castech site is disappointing.:(

Equally so, the official Scott 24 hour site making no mention at all of where one might go to find results during the race (on the offchance that any might be supplied).

One giant leap backwards for racekind. :(

Love to be in a position to give props about it all, but as a long term fan who couldn't make it to Stromlo this year, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed at the way the online audience for the event appears to have been utterly ignored.

Every year there's a wad of folks out there in internet land hanging out to hear some reults on how their mates are going.
on site in the timing tent the rider names and their lap times were available live, not sure why this hasn't been made available to the outside world.

I have no real stake in all of this so i don't want to get involved in anything, but based on a few things i've read and heard i get the impression that some people are happy to see castech crash and burn. A lot of money was paid for their services so any mistakes are going to be scrutinised.

Personally, i was pretty happy with what they provided in the timing tents but the constant online db issues sucked. errors such as true swain going missing from the solo list and losing jess from the women's lead for decent chunks of the race are pretty big oversights too, but as an individual user i was reasonably happy.

will the organisers be publishing a pdf of all results sometime this week?

Optimus

Likes Bikes

It wasn't that much better at the event. While I was based in the upper camping ground and unless paying particular attention to what was being said over the PA, missed a lot of the announcements, to my understanding the mid-race results were not made available until after dark. When they did appear, the queue was enormous and not moving (does that possibly say something about the way they were published to the computers?).

Not wanting to hang around outside of the tent freezing, I decided to give the blackberry a go and ran into the same problem - Scott website had no mention of online results, and actually came on here to find the link to the (down) site.

Even when you finished your lap you were unable to see your time. There was a smallish screen but whenever I finished it only showed the Castech logo.

I've heard that Castech offer a 99% accuracy rate, however I've also heard that in last year's race only 8 errors were made using the manual (and double lap) method, which is definitely less than a 1% error rate.

The technology will improve and everyone will hopefully learn from the mistakes because to have accurate and live results would be very nice. Don't forget that the men's prolog was won by only 2 seconds... Would've manual timing been able to pick that up?

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
I have no real stake in all of this so i don't want to get involved in anything, but based on a few things i've read and heard i get the impression that some people are happy to see castech crash and burn. A lot of money was paid for their services so any mistakes are going to be scrutinised.
I've largely opted out of CORC this year, only maintaining a role on the trails team and not being on the committee. I have no idea who was being paid for what and frankly I care even less. BS petty politics and griping I am well and truly tired of. It's killing the Australian MTB scene and we can do without it.

What matters to me:

-I see (or in this case don't see) what information is available to people outside of the event site.

-I will hear from at least 5 separate solos or teams what their experience was of the race infrastructure/management/facilities. I want to know that things ran smoothly, hiccups were few and people could have a good time.

-I want to know that the club made enough from the event to allow it to continue supporting all its other non profit activities run during the year (trail work, womens and youth training, all that kind of stuff.)

Guess we'll see over the next few days.

dadsgirl

Likes Bikes
Just saw the media release of the results on the Scott website.....no mention of the female race at all....only the Men's and 4 man Team. :confused:

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Just saw the media release of the results on the Scott website.....no mention of the female race at all....only the Men's and 4 man Team. :confused:
Maybe more has just been added as this is in the media release:

"In the women’s solo division, Victoria’s Jessica Douglas claimed victory for the second year in a row completing 19 laps in 24:01:35, with Trudy Nicholas completing 18 laps in a time of 23:25:43 to take second place and Jacqui Kennett taking out third place with 18 laps in a time of 24:46:06.
“The start was great. I went out hard and wanted to see who would come with me. I was really enjoying the climbs but as the laps ticked over I was hating the hills,” said a tired Douglas.
“The atmosphere was great out on course. On my last lap some campers gave me a beer. I could only manage half of it.
“After the World’s in Canada I haven’t been doing much training. I wasn’t sure if I was going to race this weekend but I thought I would give it a go.” said Douglas.