STOLEN Syd- Morewood Makulu & Commencal Absolut 4X

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys

was woken up by police this morning to be informed that my security car park and garage had been broken into.

They picked a perfect time to break into the garages as we had council roadworks going on thru the night

They have taken my white 09 Morewood Makulu DH Bike and a black 09 Commencal Absolut 4X, (as well as a Easton Asesino BMX and my Ride snowboard)

If anyone knows these bikes they are both pretty rare so shouldnt be too hard to spot. I will post pics up this morning

Also too 2 x TLD D2 helmets (Rustic gey and 09 Headline Carbon)

these were taken from Cammeray (N Sydney are)

any information please call me on 0410 544 239

Thanks

Mark

Makulu - had new red twenty 6 pedals & plain white Alex rims since the photo

Commencal Absolut 4X

Last edited:

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man, talk about clearing you out!
you poor bastard....

will keep an eye out. it should be hard for someone to offload either, as they are pretty rare bikes.

i hope for your sake, you had insurance :(

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't usually do this but Mark is a damn good friend and to hear he's lost all his bikes is pretty gutting!

Anyone who can provide information that directly leads to the return of Mark's bikes will be rewarded with some FOX Racing Shox gear in gratitude for their help!

These thieves didn't break in targetting the bikes directly and hopefuly they don't know exactly the rarity and value of what they got. It's these mistakes that can lead to the thieves messing up in the off load!

Keep an eye out guys!!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
That's horrible to hear mate. Best of luck in recovering everything that was stolen. I'll keep an eye out up here around Blaxland for you.

I gather the Malaku is a custom build? Anything on the bike that makes it stand out? (Other than, of course, it being an pretty unique frame?).

willsy01

Eats Squid
My garage is "secure" as well. They still managed to break in though.......they confirmed my suspicions that thieves are as dumb as you can get though. My unlocked, 2 month old Trance X2 was right there but they wanted the $500 peewee50 in next doors garage.

The bike now lives in my bedroom :)

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
First thing to do would be to ring as many Crime Converters (cashies) in the immediate area and ask if they have had any nice looking bikes or gear brought in this morning.

I'll also keep eBay covered for you, I've assisted in the recovery of at least 3 bikes that the thieves listed on eBay so maybe they will stupidly list them not knowing there is a whole MTB community looking for them.

Lets string these low lives up by the balls....

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks guys

both bikes are pretty rare

The Morewood Makulu (small) was one of only 2 white ones in Australia, and I believe the Commencal VIP 4X was one of only a few in the country as well

The Makulu was white frame with 08 Boxxer WC's, red anondised straitline levers, red twenty 6 pedals and stem, white Alex rims on Hope (fr) and Hadley (r) hubs, Saints cranks

The commencal 4X was a gloss black frame hardtail, with green graphics, Pike forks and white MTX rims on hope hubs. Green grips on black deity bars. This frame is unique as it has bolts on teh headtube where you can adjust the head angle of the bike

both bikes should stand out a mile away

Last edited:

nicho

Sacré bleu!
man i am gutted! i know oh too well the feeling mate. We're gonna find them.

the makulu has since got twenty6 red pedals, saint cranks and lg+ guide with white unmarked rims.

nicho

Attachments

Last edited:

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks nicho for posting the pics whilst on holidays, I appreciate it

and same to you Greg for offering a reward

Last edited:

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a shit of a thing to happen. I'd offer you the best of luck in recovering em, but you won't need it I'm sure. A theif would have to be a right idiot to pick those two bikes. Hope they make their way back home sooner rather than later.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man, thats no good at all.

Are they covered by contents insurance??

I now have my bikes locked up inside my garage to a huge steel bracket that I welded up. I am using the thick motor bike locks that cant be cut. All 3 bikes are locked to the same bracket which is bolted to the wall. I also have an alarm that calls my mobile when the garage is broken into.

Let me know if you want any help with a bracket or alarm when you get sorted.

Dave

bhooper

Barfarker
Dude. Cant believe that! Why do such bad thing happen to such nice people :( Ill keep a close eye out for it Chuckie ;)

OMA11R

Likes Dirt
Mate, that is really bad luck,
I hope you find your bikes.
I hope they hope they catch the criminals that took them.

Yorto

Likes Dirt
That sucks bad :(.

Please make sure you report it with the Police and give them all the information serial numbers, pictures etc.

I know that when the Police search dodgy looking people and if they have a very expensive odd looking bike they usually run checks to see if it is stolen. So please do yourself a favour and report them stolen.

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats sooo devostating. both thoose bikes were so prime and just super dialled. hope you find them soon and that the crooks that took them get what they deserve. ill keep a look out for you.