is it the longest

• yes no

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • yes no

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

binner

Hath shat hymself
would love to be able to commit to Whistler but knocked up the Mrs again, due in Sept..
Maybe 2011
good work plow,, welcome to HELL...................

sept...easy, thats plenty of time. I did it last time and arrived home 1 week before ours was due....:D

Mugger

Senir oMermber
So all set for those dates or still unsure? I'm looking at booking my flights next Saturday as the promo ones have just come up...

binner

Hath shat hymself
So all set for those dates or still unsure? I'm looking at booking my flights next Saturday as the promo ones have just come up...
i think i can speak for Troy and myself and say, yes those dates are good to go.

see you at the top

binner

Hath shat hymself
you are in right?

Ian are you doing the booking? How much cash do you need off us?
you mean the accom in whistler right?..I guess so. It seems I'm always "Julie the cruise director" . Maybe its just me showing my management/ people skills.
I will email David back and get the deposit info sorted out with the dates previously posted here on yups.

toodles

Wheel size expert
you mean the accom in whistler right?..I guess so. It seems I'm always "Julie the cruise director" . Maybe its just me showing my management/ people skills.
I will email David back and get the deposit info sorted out with the dates previously posted here on yups.
No worries. you don't have to do it. Just don't want 4 people all making seperate bookings.

Any chance you'd want to leave earlier for a bit more time? I'm keen for 4 weeks travel with 3 in whistler.

binner

Hath shat hymself
banged up abroad

No worries. you don't have to do it. Just don't want 4 people all making seperate bookings.

Any chance you'd want to leave earlier for a bit more time? I'm keen for 4 weeks travel with 3 in whistler.
yeah, I'll see what comes back from David. I think we should stick with this guy and his condo, he seems pretty fair and has been fast on replies. The condo is a good set up/ configuration as well for us all I think.

On the 4 weeks, I'm pretty maxed out at 3 .5 weeks with work/semester/engagments back here so I would have to say no on that. Let me see what I come up with this week.........I got a few work team meetings this week so I'll bring up my long service card and see what they say.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Yeah that's fair. I'm looking at flights etc now and working out which route to take.

Need to start doing more XC to get into shape for tracks that are longer than 3 minutes...

binner

Hath shat hymself
redraft

how does this look then toodles, mugger,T-roy?.....
leaving Bris on Fri 2nd July instead of the 5th,coming back Mon 26th.
Mugger/Troy this next bit about Venice relates to you , because toods is flying with QANTAS im not sure about hook up times but it would be cool if you (Toods) were similar landing times in LAX. If we took the earlier flight from YVR ( 1:10pm) we have about a 6hr layover in LAX in which time we could actually get a airport shuttle and do Venice beach for the arvo and come back to the airport in time for the 11pm flight. When you land at LAX from YVR all the luggage gets checked so we dont have to pick up in LAX, so infact we will be free to do anything for 6 or so hrs ....
It's about 40 min to Venice from airport and with 4 of us in a airport taxi it will be cheap as and we can book it for pick up downtown back to airport. I did it last time and its an easy way to waste some time.
Any thoughts?
Also ,trust me its good to get to whistler in daylight rather than at fuggin midnight looking for yr condo with bags n bikes n eyes popping out of your head, so that's why I like these flights that get into Whistler in the arvo...good to get the shopping n settle in before the first epic day on a MOUNTAIN not some pissy hill.

your itinerary Fares are per person, include taxes, fees and charges and are quoted in $AUD Departing Flight - Brisbane to Vancouver - Fri 2 Jul 2010
Departing Arrival Flight Duration Fare Type Passenger Type
10:00 Brisbane DEPART
06:15 Los Angeles LAND
09:30 Los Angeles DEPART
12:30 Vancouver LAND VA7 Operated by V Australia AS709 Operated by Partner Airline 19h30m Economy
V Promo 1 Adult x $888.00

Taxes and charges $180.89
Departing FlightTotal $1068.89

Returning Flight - Vancouver to Brisbane - Mon 26 Jul 2010
Departing Arrival Flight Duration Fare Type Passenger Type
13:10 Vancouver Mon 26 Jul DEPART
16:10 Los Angeles Mon 26 Jul LAND
23:10 Los Angeles Mon26 Jul DEPART
06:15 Brisbane Wed 28 Jul LAND AS704 Operated by Partner Airline
VA8 Operated by V Australia
24h05m Economy
V Deal 1 Adult x $864.00

Taxes and charges $172.52
Returning Flight Total $1036.52
Flight Total $2105.41
Velocity Points earned on this flight View
Total Price (including taxes and charges)
Total Price (Including Insurance)
$2105.41

Flight operated by Partner Airline - V Australia

binner

Hath shat hymself
QANTAS fllights for toods

yo Toodles I found these flights with QANTAS, almost same times as Virgin

Friday 2nd JULY
DEPART BNE 11:05 connect flight in LAX
ARRIVE YVR 12:30pm

Mon 26th July
DEPART YVR 1:10pm connect flight in LAX
ARRIVE BNE 6:10am Wed 28th

binner

Hath shat hymself
yesssssss

Sounds good, wouldn't mind checking out LA. Are we spending a day in Vancouver on the way back?
me n troy want to spend a good day or two in Van on the way home yes.Trust me by you will be fucked after 3 weeks in whistler riding ..ask Troy, it will be good to hook up with kram and maybe do a day or two on a diff mountain, bit of a road trip

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Okay, guessing Troy okay with the dates. Flying back this weekend for BDO so hopefuly dates are certain before then...