The Photo Snob Thread

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I got new toys today!
How have you gone sourcing 'film' for the Polariod?

If the leather pouch has deteriorated in anyway for the Canon, invest in something a little more 'current'. I was wandering the streets a few weeks ago with my 35mm and a bloke stopped me to say that as the leather deteriorates, it can impact upon the cameras internals, and any film inside (or words to that effect). I'm not sure if there is any truth in the matter but I'm not taking any chances *shrugs*

hubbie

Forever 1,337
How have you gone sourcing 'film' for the Polariod?

If the leather pouch has deteriorated in anyway for the Canon, invest in something a little more 'current'. I was wandering the streets a few weeks ago with my 35mm and a bloke stopped me to say that as the leather deteriorates, it can impact upon the cameras internals, and any film inside (or words to that effect). I'm not sure if there is any truth in the matter but I'm not taking any chances *shrugs*
Cheers Angus. There's a store in my hood that sells polaroid film. Waiting till payday thursday to purchase some. The leather is a tad mouldy, like those spots from sitting in a damp cupboard or something, but structurally excellent. Found the shutter blades are a bit sticky, but open every time, just a bit of drag. gotta pull the back apart. found a guide. On further research, I think mine is approximately the 1961 Canonet QL19.

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
Tristan, what are you doing. Changing to FF or 1.3 will make little to no difference. Just keep shooting with it. :p

Callan; You should be a portrait photographer. It seems clear to me!

Anyway.. I finally updated my website. Still have allot of new images / blog posts to put up, but I thought It would be better to have it online.

http://www.chrisbennyimaging.com

Few new-ish images

BI_2859.jpg

Check out my site for more new ones! :)

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sticky keyboards all over Australia.

Little glitch with the website chris. On the portfolio tab, the "other" displays below all the other's outside the box.. if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
Sticky keyboards all over Australia.

Little glitch with the website chris. On the portfolio tab, the "other" displays below all the other's outside the box.. if that makes sense.
Cheers.

What web browser are you using? I have tested it with everything but IE.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Cheers.

What web browser are you using? I have tested it with everything but IE.
It's a bit out of frame with IE for me at work, but on Safari at home it's great ,Chris!

Your work is truly inspiring, I think it's lead a lot of us on a path to try and surpass what was thought could be acheived.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Chris,

I have really been enjoying your work in ADB. Top work! Great pic's make the magazine.

Have you considered doing any race photo's (mx/sx)?

Last edited:

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Was out filming today but these two opportunities popped up and I thought they'd make nice photos.

May I please get some CC on the two shots please, a big ask I must admit but I find it incredibly useful.

saMfish

Likes Dirt
Will, I reckon the second one is mad. I could so see that in a magazine being cropped a bit looser on the left and tighter on the right with a mad interview overlayed on the left.

Hey guys I bought a new camera recently a Canon EOS 1D Mark II with 2400 shutter actuation's and not a scratch on it I will never go back to another camera that's not a 1 series body the 400D feels like a toy.