Official kentlyn thread

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nerf, Camden is pretty much a flat very twisty flowing singletrack through the privit forest along the river from under the Camden bypass bridge. I do a 15km return trip or you can keep riding and come out near the bridge over the river at Menangle. Last last few km's of which is just dirt road. You're welcome to join me if you want as I'm currently going solo. I'm not fast or too fit so it's about an hour and a half return ride for me.
Apparently someone has been having a go at making it a loop instead of an out and back ride. If you manage to find the new stuff i'm keen to hear what you think of the work.

What time are you heading out there tomorrow? I might try and join you depending on how early you're going.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Apparently someone has been having a go at making it a loop instead of an out and back ride. If you manage to find the new stuff i'm keen to hear what you think of the work.

What time are you heading out there tomorrow? I might try and join you depending on how early you're going.
I'm now doing Kentlyn with WCP at 7am from the gate at Darling Ave. We might do Camden next weekend.

Newts

Likes Dirt
I heard that it was about 1/2 way along the fire trail. I would love it to come back on the northern side of the river, then I could ride out from the backyard and hit the trail. If I could find the time, I would start it myself!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I heard that it was about 1/2 way along the fire trail. I would love it to come back on the northern side of the river, then I could ride out from the backyard and hit the trail. If I could find the time, I would start it myself!
I wonder if there is more than one group of people working out there?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Lets do a recon ride at Camden this Saturday morning if anyone's interested. All styles, bikes and riders welcome to join. Put your name up here if your keen for a fun single track pedal.

DT's

Likes Bikes
I rode the trail last week and didn't spot it,though i wasn't looking for it.Some of the fallen trees have been moved/cut down since last time I rode it.Ive only done it twice but enjoy the return leg better.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lets do a recon ride at Camden this Saturday morning if anyone's interested. All styles, bikes and riders welcome to join. Put your name up here if your keen for a fun single track pedal.
I'm going to do the Loftus maintenance day, sorry.

I rode the trail last week and didn't spot it,though i wasn't looking for it.Some of the fallen trees have been moved/cut down since last time I rode it.Ive only done it twice but enjoy the return leg better.
I checked it out this arvo. I didn't jump the fence but there are some red arrows nailed to trees near the end and where the singletrack comes out onto the firetrail just before the end. The old loop that goes to the right once you get over the last log and come out into a bit of an opening at the top of a small hill before the barb wire fence has been raked out and a smaller inner loop added. I've ridden it before but it got into a state of disrepair. The new little inner loop bit has a few corners that are just too tight and detract from the flowing nature of the track, but it's extra singletrack so i'm not complaining too loudly. :)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I agree the return leg feels much more flowy and faster too. Would be keen to find this new section of trail though.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One for the XC crew - Hey there Georgie Girl

koala.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo. Piece of shit old phone played up badly this morning.

Meet Georgie. 10 year old female who lives in the area between Old Kent Rd, Corral Avenue and the main fire trail, basically the eastern side of Peter Meadows Creek (bendi track area). She has a green tag in her left ear and a light blue tag in her right ear. The blue coloured tag has the numbers 107 on it, couldn't see the numbers on the left (green) but I was told it is 221 (not 100% on this). I was told that Georgie appears to be moving into the territory her mother controlled until her death a few years back.

If you see Georgie or any other Koalas around Kentlyn please call the Koala hotline on 9962 9996, they will take your details and get someone from the uni to call you back.

Cheers,
Michael.

Last edited:

DT's

Likes Bikes
View attachment 174000

Sorry for the crappy photo. Piece of shit old phone played up badly this morning.

Meet Georgie. 10 year old female who lives in the area between Old Kent Rd, Corral Avenue and the main fire trail, basically the eastern side of Peter Meadows Creek (bendi track area). She has a green tag in her left ear and a light blue tag in her right ear. The blue coloured tag has the numbers 107 on it, couldn't see the numbers on the left (green) but I was told it is 221 (not 100% on this). I was told that Georgie appears to be moving into the territory her mother controlled until her death a few years back.

If you see Georgie or any other Koalas around Kentlyn please call the Koala hotline on 9962 9996, they will take your details and get someone from the uni to call you back.

Cheers,
Michael.
how cool is that!I have seen the signs saying there are koalas in the area but didn't really believe it.Going by the photo you got pretty close.

adtee23

Likes Bikes
I've often spoken to the guy who tracks the koalas, he is super nice and happy for a chat.. You can't miss him he is wandering the bush with a big antenna and earmuffs on!!! The only time I've seen one is when he has pointed them out to me but he says there are quite a few in the area...

Newts

Likes Dirt
Anyone doing a XC ride on Thursday morning? Sneaking a day off work and in need of a ride prior to weekend

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going by the photo you got pretty close.
She was about 3 and a bit metres up a tree only about 2 metres off the fire trail. Took off up the tree as I approached.

I've often spoken to the guy who tracks the koalas, he is super nice and happy for a chat.. You can't miss him he is wandering the bush with a big antenna and earmuffs on!!! The only time I've seen one is when he has pointed them out to me but he says there are quite a few in the area...
I know a couple of the Koala spotters and they are very nice people. I have been led to believe there are at least six known Koalas along PM creek. The only other time I have seen any is when they were pointed out to me by one of the spotters. One was a female with a baby and the other a big male right along side of PM Rd.

Can I ask people to consider putting the phone number for the Koala hotline in their mobiles and call them to report any sightings.

Cheers,
Michael.

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Anyone doing a XC ride on Thursday morning? Sneaking a day off work and in need of a ride prior to weekend
Now you tell me. I've got Thursday arvo off work to go to a funeral, but if I'd known you wanted to ride, I would have taken the whole day off. You riding this weekend? Camden trail:D

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Saturday it is boys and girls.
Any suggestions for start time??? ie: 7am:p:)
In so far:
Blake
Amy
Greg
Myself
??????