Official kentlyn thread

CBG,
I saw one last week along darling opposite that child care ctr that is on both darling and dandenong. In that private property padock that looks like it was half cleared and then left to grow back. I thought it was a koala and then I knew it was when I saw some cockatoos screaching at it from branches in the same tree. BTW, i ride the 575

Cheers

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
CBG,
I saw one last week along darling opposite that child care ctr that is on both darling and dandenong. In that private property padock that looks like it was half cleared and then left to grow back. I thought it was a koala and then I knew it was when I saw some cockatoos screaching at it from branches in the same tree. BTW, i ride the 575

Cheers
Hey %USERNAME%.... I'm the guy on the Mongoose who keeps running into you going the other way ;) should hook up for a ride out there one day.

I've been looking for koalas out there for ages but screwed if I can find any. I think my beagle can smell them.. there are a few trees that he seems to want to climb.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Camden - Saturday ride

Bring some warm clothes, it was 0.8 degrees at 8.00 this morning. Hopefully all the leaves have fallen and we can have the sun breaking through the trees to provide some warmth!

DT's

Likes Bikes
Nice work CBG !!

I will be putting in some kms sunday arvo at Kentlyn (XC). If youre interested just post up here.
what time where u thinking?ive got a dog trial on sat morning,im second in the ring, so if she bombs out early on, hopefully Ill be back in time.

DT's

Likes Bikes
Hey %USERNAME%.... I'm the guy on the Mongoose who keeps running into you going the other way ;) should hook up for a ride out there one day.

I've been looking for koalas out there for ages but screwed if I can find any. I think my beagle can smell them.. there are a few trees that he seems to want to climb.
hey%USERNAME%i keep running into you as well going the other way ;)im on the Merida....soon to be Specialized

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blake, after your little nancy XC ride, (sorry I am jealous i can;t get up early and ride my scotty with you all) come out to menai for 2 hours of hardcoreness....

:)

WCP,
I ran into you on foot the other day. When are you out there next i'll see if I can make it. F*(%ing winter, it's dark at 5.30 I only get out there once or twice a week in winter. Been doing the m5 to the m4 on the m7 cycleway to keep fit at night, pretty boring but you can belt out the km's

DT's,
do you ride with the dude who I always seem to see out there with the tubeless crank brothers that have gone flat on him and the chap who just got the new giant?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Blake, after your little nancy XC ride, (sorry I am jealous i can;t get up early and ride my scotty with you all) come out to menai for 2 hours of hardcoreness....

:)
I thought you were having another 1-2 weeks off DH, that's why we're going "nancy" trail riding:)
Next week:
Where????? Bulli???????
When?????Sunday???????
Who?????Judd, Blake, Craig, ??????????????

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
WCP,
I ran into you on foot the other day. When are you out there next i'll see if I can make it. F*(%ing winter, it's dark at 5.30 I only get out there once or twice a week in winter. Been doing the m5 to the m4 on the m7 cycleway to keep fit at night, pretty boring but you can belt out the km's
I can pretty much do any arvo but get home from work around 4:30-5... so its lights only though the week... : )
Get yourself some lights ! Kentlyn rocks at night.
Otherwise can organise a weekend ride

I have been looking at doing the M7 cycleway on the roadie through the week too.. boring but the kms are needed.

what time where u thinking?ive got a dog trial on sat morning,im second in the ring, so if she bombs out early on, hopefully Ill be back in time.
Change of plans (Im fickle I know... ) Wingello 1:00 Sunday meet in the campground... all welcome

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Judd,

If ames doesnt wanna come riding ill come to menai for menai madness afterwards (and kfc) :cool:

but if she wants to come for an xc ride i dont wanna scare her off, id love to get her riding more so will put off DH till next weekend.

Craig,

Im up for anything next weekend, Bulli sounds good! dont mind when, if we keep it to 4 or 5 riders we can just use the ute with the pad on it... if you want?
Should i bring my shitty hardtail this weekend or my Glory? im putting off getting a new xc/am bike till i get back from the states now - might even bring one back yet :)

oh can we make it 8am for a ride though?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Judd,

If ames doesnt wanna come riding ill come to menai for menai madness afterwards (and kfc) :cool:

but if she wants to come for an xc ride i dont wanna scare her off, id love to get her riding more so will put off DH till next weekend.

Craig,

Im up for anything next weekend, Bulli sounds good! dont mind when, if we keep it to 4 or 5 riders we can just use the ute with the pad on it... if you want?
Should i bring my shitty hardtail this weekend or my Glory? im putting off getting a new xc/am bike till i get back from the states now - might even bring one back yet :)

oh can we make it 8am for a ride though?
Yep I can do 8. The glory will be a harder workout but more fun on the faster bits. Or do you want to borrow my MK3 and I'll ride Deb's xc rig

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep I can do 8. The glory will be a harder workout but more fun on the faster bits. Or do you want to borrow my MK3 and I'll ride Deb's xc rig
oh wicked, to be honest id love to try one out.

was gonna use the glory and get the workout but id love to see how the ironhorse rides... if you dont mind of course?

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
WCP

Change of plans (Im fickle I know... ) Wingello 1:00 Sunday meet in the campground... all welcome
No worries, I've picked a virus type cold thingo and its been getting worse so I don't think I'll be out and about this weekend anyway. Have a good ride at Wingello.

Get yourself some lights ! Kentlyn rocks at night.
It's particularly fun when it's bucketing down with rain and also during summer when the spider webs are f*cking huge.:eek:

CBG.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
oh wicked, to be honest id love to try one out.

was gonna use the glory and get the workout but id love to see how the ironhorse rides... if you dont mind of course?
No worries. Do you want to use you clips? I'll put mine on Deb's bike and set the bikes up tonight. Also I've ordered some rims and pedals from the Dirt Works sale that's on today and tomorrow. If they're ready would you be willing to pick them up this arvo for me, they're at Blacktown and open till 7pm, then I'll get them off you tomorrow morning.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No worries. Do you want to use you clips? I'll put mine on Deb's bike and set the bikes up tonight. Also I've ordered some rims and pedals from the Dirt Works sale that's on today and tomorrow. If they're ready would you be willing to pick them up this arvo for me, they're at Blacktown and open till 7pm, then I'll get them off you tomorrow morning.
yeah mate of course, just let me know when theyre ready and where to pick them up from, do i need to pay for them?

yeah ill use the clips if thats ok? thank you! :)

CraigS

Likes Dirt
yeah mate of course, just let me know when theyre ready and where to pick them up from, do i need to pay for them?

yeah ill use the clips if thats ok? thank you! :)
I paid for them with my card so they just need to be picked up. If I don't hear from them by 2pm I'll try and ring them. So we'll put your pedals on my bike in the morning.