L'officiel Le Tour 2010 Thread!

Mica

Likes Dirt
Still trying to figure out who to support?? See attached. It worked for me, go Cadel.

6 days till I fly out to do the l'etape (http://www.letapedutour.com/2010/ETDT/presentation/us/index.htm) and hang out in the pyrenees, not that I'm counting!

Sorry just had to share that. Enjoy those cold winter nights :p

For those bike nerdy enough, these are worth a look. Live telemetry and mapping from the riders during the stages
http://www.srmlive.de/Data/Telemetry.html
http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/mytrackstour/

Attachments

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Still trying to figure out who to support?? See attached. It worked for me, go Cadel.

6 days till I fly out to do the l'etape (http://www.letapedutour.com/2010/ETDT/presentation/us/index.htm) and hang out in the pyrenees, not that I'm counting!

Sorry just had to share that. Enjoy those cold winter nights :p

For those bike nerdy enough, these are worth a look. Live telemetry and mapping from the riders during the stages
http://www.srmlive.de/Data/Telemetry.html
http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/mytrackstour/
Going to the tour - you lucky person, i very jealous. Hope to see you dressed as aussie mascot supporting cadel on the mtns - be good to see Aussie mascott take out that darn Texan/ US mascott, maybe try start fight with red devil.

stevo78

Likes Dirt
can someone clarify the transfer time deadlines for the fantasy tour , did a transfer berfore the deadline i thought but i didnt go through in time. i suck at this fantasy tour!

sruge

Likes Dirt
Gotta have some respect for Tyler Farrar for choosing to carry on and ride the cobbles with a broken bone in his wrist. Read an amazing article about his father last year who has continued with sporting pursuits despite being wheelchair-bound. Seems to be a pretty grounded guy with none of the prancing ego of some other sprinters. Props also to Robbie McEwen for continuing after a trip to the hospital after stage 2. Love some of the mind-over-body feats this race produces. Can somebody more savvy then me throw up a list of the teams that still have all 9 riders?

timedward

Likes Dirt
can someone clarify the transfer time deadlines for the fantasy tour , did a transfer berfore the deadline i thought but i didnt go through in time. i suck at this fantasy tour!
I thought you could transfer as much as you wanted before the tour started and then you are allocated transfers as the tour goes on. All transfers must be made by 09.01 AEST on the day each stage is raced.
23.59 AEST Saturday 3 July = 6 Transfers
23.59 AEST Friday 9 July = 6 Transfers
23.59 AEST Friday 16 July = 6 Transfers
23.59 AEST Friday 23 July = 3 Transfers

skivi

Likes Dirt
Anthony please stand up, your fantasy team 'Jens Voigts Lovechild' is currently ranked 7th in the entire global competition!

dresch

Likes Bikes
OMFG. I loaded up with the sprinters and had last night as my bonus stage and Pettachi has been rocking it but 7th in the world and I know fuck all about cycling.

Anyone got some suggestions on how to tweak my team? haha.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cav wins!!! looks like he does have form, special mention to boasan hagen for 3rd hes been very consistent.

Bodin

GMBC
Yeah, Cav won, but only after Renshaw elbowed Thor in to submission and Ale-Jet was squeezed against the fence by Farrar peeling off to the left. Real pity for Ale-Jet, as he was travelling faster than anyone on the road at that point in time, was only 5 metres behind Cav's relative position on the road and is clearly the fastest rider out there.

Farrar should not be bothering with contesting these sprints while he's got a broken elbow - he's just getting in the way of people that can actually win.

Rodders

Likes Dirt
Rider profiles are great - interesting to see how Robbie M has mellowed over the years.

I emailed SBS the other month thanking them for their originality and great mtb and cycling coverage in general - farkin champions.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
OMFG. I loaded up with the sprinters and had last night as my bonus stage and Pettachi has been rocking it but 7th in the world and I know fuck all about cycling.

Anyone got some suggestions on how to tweak my team? haha.
You have smoked us.
Keep going the next round of transfers start tonight after 12.00pm.
And the mountains start.

Tonys terrors

dresch

Likes Bikes
You have smoked us.
Keep going the next round of transfers start tonight after 12.00pm.
And the mountains start.

Tonys terrors
I'm no danger of winning, as I've just read that the team you select at the start of the race is actually taken and alloctated points for their position in the overall in Paris.

I would love to finish in the top 5 just to pick up the Rabo kit, bright orange suits me haha.

jackedin

Likes Dirt
I am about the same (think a round orange)
But I do like the colour.

Yeah I picked up on the start team ( I played this last year)
The only thing I wasn't sure about was when I could do the transfers and it would effect the start team.
The other problem is remembering to get the transfers in before 9.00 in the morning after the night watching the race.
Without alcohol and lack of sleep colouring my selections.

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, Cav won, but only after Renshaw elbowed Thor in to submission and Ale-Jet was squeezed against the fence by Farrar peeling off to the left. Real pity for Ale-Jet, as he was travelling faster than anyone on the road at that point in time, was only 5 metres behind Cav's relative position on the road and is clearly the fastest rider out there.

Farrar should not be bothering with contesting these sprints while he's got a broken elbow - he's just getting in the way of people that can actually win.
Your exactly right boding, cav isnt like he was last tour and alejets speed is scrary fast. According to johnathan vaughters garmin were sprinting for julian dean, farrar was just the sweeper.

Bodin

GMBC
farrar was just the sweeper.
Thanks - that makes more sense. I had a fractured elbow earlier this year and I know from experience that you can NOT sprint anywhere near your potential with any kind of arm injury.

Not that that's going to be breaking news to anybody... :eek:

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only thing I wasn't sure about was when I could do the transfers and it would effect the start team.
I guess you've gone the same route as me. Original team as of midnight on the 3rd was full of GC hopefulls. Then before 9am that day you swapped out for sprinters/break hopefulls to take points this first week. I was this (holds fingers really close together) close to grabbing Chavanel. Damn!

jackedin

Likes Dirt
I guess you've gone the same route as me. Original team as of midnight on the 3rd was full of GC hopefulls. Then before 9am that day you swapped out for sprinters/break hopefulls to take points this first week. I was this (holds fingers really close together) close to grabbing Chavanel. Damn!
Yeah it wasn't so clear in the instructions and I rolled with the GC for the first race. Got burnt last year on one of my transfers to late and cost me in the mountains.

looking at the first lot of mountains might go with some hopefuls that need to make up time. might be more hungry and with 2 mountain top finishes time pick ups could come easier.

I waited to see what became of the carnage to happen before I did most of my transfers and then loaded up with sprinters.

Like always I need more money.