Champery World Cup thread!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
This weekend, its gonna be huge...

Here are some photos courtesy of Dirt - Champery. The track is modified since last WC race there, but still looks (and sounds, by all accounts) diabolically mental.

...And apparently it still rains like all get out at 4pm... will be awesome!

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sam still out. Gee placed in the bottom end of the field last time round if I can recall!

Lets hope Matti Lehikoinen, Chris Kovarik and Mick Hannah round out the top 3!:p

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Sam still out. Gee placed in the bottom end of the field last time round if I can recall!

Lets hope Matti Lehikoinen, Chris Kovarik and Mick Hannah round out the top 3!:p

Yeah but remember most of the field got wiped out from the rain and Matti had a dry run!

I think usual suspects will round out the top 10, Blinky and Brendog in with a winning chance if they can stay upright...

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On Eurosport at 3.30 on Sunday if anyone is interested. It would have be interesting to see if Sam could repeat last years effort, if not better.

Gee didn't fare well due to rain last year. Hopefully it rains for everones run this year. Mwa ha ha.

Gwin and Cole with another strong performance from Shawn O hopefully.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Yes it is. Much rather watch it there than freezecaster. Might try a little experiment and see if their commentary syncs up with eurosports vision, that would be the ultimate.
Minnaar for the win.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes it is. Much rather watch it there than freezecaster. Might try a little experiment and see if their commentary syncs up with eurosports vision, that would be the ultimate.
Minnaar for the win.
It was delayed by about 3 riders on the Fort Bill WC. Hopefully it will be better this time around. Although I think some people managed to get a good match up in other places ( not Newcastle) and with better signal.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, what time does this start on freecaster?? Also, anyone out there tried to watch a live stream on a Telstra 3g wireless card before?

nskz

Likes Dirt
My top three in no particular order; Gwin, Blenky, Brendog. If they don't choke I think it would be one of those three who wins. Is it Brendog's time? He's always flatout hauling in practice, often even Sam seems amazed. However he inevitably faffs it up come race day. If he can put a whole run together, look out I reckon.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Freecaster says UCI MTB World Cup DHI 4: Champéry
Sat Jul 24 at 19:10
LIVE in 02 days 13:47:21
Mine says that too , but Saturday night at 7pm ? The usual race time is 2pm (ish) local Sunday arvo.

Sounds like the local start time for the 4X ? :confused:

jgdj18

Likes Dirt
Mine says that too , but Saturday night at 7pm ? The usual race time is 2pm (ish) local Sunday arvo.

Sounds like the local start time for the 4X ? :confused:
Quote from Pink Bike

"The schedule here is a bit odd due to XC. There is no 4x, and the downhill race is on Saturday"