Jet Black 12 hours

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Are there online results, I am keen to follow this race (from the comfort of my lounge ;))?
Dargle is a bit of a communication black spot.

Here's what I vaguely remember

Solo men.
1. Red Racer
2. Chopps
3. Some other Guy

Solo Women
1. Katrin Van der Spiegel
2. some other chick
3. a different other chick

Solo SS
1. Jebus
2. Ed
3. Some silly nutter

Solo Masters
1. Hugh Stodart
2. jeffandal

Mens Pairs
1. ??
2. ??
4. Alchemist and Wolfie (dirty double crossers)

Last edited:

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
What a top track. Plenty of open spaces looking across to the track on the other side where you could judge if you're catching or losing time on the next guys. The lead guys and girls in solo are truly freaks. I banged out 195km and still would have finished well down the order somewhere.

Good times!

drew.d

Likes Bikes
great day

Awesome race. Nice track, that last climb was irritating... in a good way. Never managed to do it clean though.

The KOM guys took out the men's pairs, though I think the masters pairs finished a minute or two ahead of them.

I'm keen to see the results. When I left they hadn't updated them, and 14 seconds or so separated us (8th in 4s) from the AMB guys (9th) heading out on the final lap... Though if the ed was riding and he pulled out another 27min night lap, we would have been smoked.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No one is surprised of this.
OK I give, who the hell is green lantern - I had it in my head that it was RR before a change of sponsorship brought about a change of colour

Speaking of changes in colour, Jason English's new jersey threw me quite badly, I was shitting bricks when BBC lapped me for a second time and I still hadnt seen Mr English once - I was concerned the SS machine was going to put deraileur lovers to shame:p

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
OK I give, who the hell is green lantern - I had it in my head that it was RR before a change of sponsorship brought about a change of colour
The Green Lantern is a myth, a faerie story, he's what singlespeeders tell their kids about when they start wanting to play with variable gearing.

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
:) another awesome event from Rocky Trail, thanks for all the effort guys your events are really well run and a lot of fun. Great to see so many people out there, hope the 4hr went just as smoothly today.

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some photo's i took, Nothing flash but only had the point and shoot camera.

if there is one of yourself or a friend you would like PM me.

Another great event by Rocky Trail, had a ball. Beers around the bonfire after the race were great.

ming

Likes Bikes
What a great event. Fun riding, and a peaceful event centre for families. For us, it was the perfect number of competitors. There was company on the track but not congestion. We could let the kids wander around the camp ground without worrying about them getting lost!
Fantastic. Thanks Rocky trails and WSMTB.

Ming

Rambler

Likes Dirt
What a great event. Fun riding, and a peaceful event centre for families. For us, it was the perfect number of competitors. There was company on the track but not congestion. We could let the kids wander around the camp ground without worrying about them getting lost!
Fantastic. Thanks Rocky trails and WSMTB.

Ming
Very family orientated. One of my girls scored a helmet in the kids race, the other a bottle for the colouring in comp and I rode my first solo 12 hour and just missed out on a top 10 spot. Happy all round. Well done Rocky trail!

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Well done again RTE, another well run event. Maybe I wasn't riding fast enough but parts of that track were like riding through a bloody freezer last night.
Was heartened by a conversation with Jason English on track somewhere around 8pm when he told me he was 'busted up', I appreciated your honesty Jason and made me feel a bit better about my own state of deterioration.
Also good to see the 'Burgh representing on the podium 4mixed 1st, 2nd, 4men 2nd, and 4oldfarts 2nd.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Speaking of results, who won the beard-off? As QZ was not riding I guess he was there for the judging.

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
What a fantastic weekend. Can’t remember any other race I’ve been to where I laughed so much.

Thanks to RTE for a great venue and to all the volunteers who made the day possible.

Some other thanks:
To the women I rode with, so many personal bests and memories.
Jebus for not pushing me off the track and giving me more than enough warning that you were coming – I had plenty of time to panic, waiting for the worst.
All the guys on the track who were super polite and ever so ready for a chat.

Dreggsy must be the best bloke around – gave up his race so he could lend his lights to a complete novice to have her first night lap, she’s now completely hooked and can’t wait for the next one.

And an apology:
Gary I’m sorry for using you as my beer opening tool, it was very impolite of me and I won’t do it again.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Dreggsy must be the best bloke around – gave up his race so he could lend his lights to a complete novice to have her first night lap, she’s now completely hooked and can’t wait for the next one.
That's not what he told me, he said his bike was broken. :p