Farkers of days gone by

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
DAVO808
he was a bosss
haha i remember him, he was an idiot. remember a few arguments he started and i vaguely remember him with triple clamp stp?....if so he brought some heat amoungst his posts/threads

Yea when i first joined, i quickly gained alot of respect for ango xc, his knowledge was a main reason a stuck around after browing the forums initially.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
I'm still here... my finger poised over the banning button... watching... lurking... hoping.
Are you feeling lucky, punks?:D

Seriously though, business is pretty full-on nowadays, but I still jump on if and when I can.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
What happened to Daver?

He certainly had some of the nicest bikes posted in PYR

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
I remember the whole Bowlo saga, with his artistic valve cap photos in the "build thread".

I also recall Justin Fox being flamed after buying an expensive bmx because he "liked skate culture".

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Custom Jimmy anyone?

I bought some insanely hot chilli sauce off him about 2-3 years ago, haven't really seen much of him since.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha, I had Kenneth service my first decent bike for me when he was working at Anaconda years back. Then about a year later I had him abuse me over Farkin because I started working at a Rival bike shop. I see him in the shop I work at from time to time.

Bought my first Decent Downhill bike off of Eyes also.

Just started to end my long holiday from this website myself, got interested in cars when I got my license, now I realise they cost too much money. Creepy how many of the people mentioned in this thread I still remember.

'Ross

Eats Squid
China has him now...
That's what they want us to think;)

EDIT: I might as well tell my join up story...After riding bikes all my life I started to actually mess around with building/changing parts/painting etc probably 04-05 but never really looked at anything MTB on the internet.

I remember at some point in 2005 I was coming off a train at Footscray station to go to Ted's Cycles and look at new grips or something lame. As I was getting off some guy was getting on with a DH bike, might have been a Kona Stab or some kind of Kona. I think I said nice bike and he replied 'check it out on farkin' or something vague mentioning farkin and I assumed he was either an idiot or insulting me.

It was not until a few months later I found Melbourne Riders then found farkin through there and realised what the guy was talking about! I started coming on occasionally to learn about which parts worked with what, and how to fix broken things. I would never read off topic or any of the threads, just search for what I needed and it almost always came up, what a resource! I could never imagine joining a forum or posting about random stuff....pretty ironic huh.

In fact the only reason I joined up initially was to get trading access. I remember trying to make 10 decent posts so I would get accepted....but screwed it up because I was so used to searching threads I think I made a couple of grave digs. I reckon I've probably made 150 or so trades through this site so my original objective has been fulfilled.

I think I even tried to post my own bike at the time and posed it in someones elses PYR thread!

I love looking at my old posts because you can see how enthusiastic I was and had a really positive and excitable tone of voice, sharing all the knowledge I had (minimal amount) and thinking I was somehow building my credibility. I dreamed of having a custom title but alas it never happened so I became a jaded cynical skeptical motherfucker thriving off arguments and flaming people. I don't know where I'm at right now, I still read almost all the threads in off topic but don't post in nearly as many.

Last edited:

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...Posting to find out what year I joined

oooossss 05'!

pinned---> and his ute with speed holes.
Hahaha, him and I had a "PYR off" a few years ago. He posted both of our bikes and everyone had to vote for who's was better. So stupid :p

Custom Jimmy anyone?

I bought some insanely hot chilli sauce off him about 2-3 years ago, haven't really seen much of him since.
I remember that sauce! It was apparently death in a jar?