2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

driftking

Wheel size expert
Any one want to post up top 5 elite?
Keen to see how my tips ended up.
All I can gather is Hart on the top step and gwin in second??
sounds like I missed out of seeing one of the best and wildest race runs from hart :( I heard SBS 2 was replying the race on the 8th I have no idea if its on tv or not, I hope so.

As for Danny? I think thats a "Sam Hill" style run that will go down in the ages as one of the best rides of all time. Just spectacular to watch, I couldn't beleive how much speed he held through the last few switchbacks. I was uttering expletives the entire run. Was one hell of an exciting world champs.
Chances are one day we will be saying. "danny hart" style run or "Brosnan" style run. The way those boys are progressing and riding, id bet they are a good chance to take riding to the next level.

I dont think anyone can say glorys are poor bikes for newbies anymore. Not that they were in the first place

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Is there any way to watch the replay for free?
Shame on you SBS, I could've been DHing today if I'd not stayed up to watch your f#cking buffing.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Not taking away from danny harts win, the guys a fave of mine, and also that run was virtually perfect. But i think the little guys had an advantage in the mud and switchbacks...if it was dry the story would have been different i think.

Contracts Danny, spagnolla too.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Bryceland's crash was classic too. Boom! Then the bike flies half way down the Mt, lol.:single_eye:

I loved Nige's comment too, "They've got the lightest bike on the circuit. Should make it easier for him to carry it back up the hill" hahahaha.

caddy

Likes Dirt
hey Sam Hill in 7th... pretty freakin good all things considered!!!
Unbelievable considering being out of a sling for less than 2 weeks and having the better part of this and last season off the bike! Great to see Blinky and Brendan on the podium too.

Ruys

Likes Dirt
I just wish we got to see Brosnan's run. By the sounds of it he was one of the first guys down after it started raining. That much rain on a hard-packed clay track with no time for ruts to form would have been like riding on ice.

Very possibly could have been the run of the day but noone will ever know because we were watching shitty panning shots of the crowd. :mmph:

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
Best riders at champs

The two guys that rode single crown bikes down the track ... one wearing tracksuit pants ... Classic I think he was abotu +5mins back :clap2::clap2:

Some funny crash segments, was so crazy when the one guy stopped mid track coz the guy wouldnt let him pass CLASSIC !!!!

HART ... his whipin his race run would have looked in place at crankworks slopestyle it was about 90deg past horizontal !!!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bilza_ridez

Banned
Nice Work Danny
when I was going my tips i was so close to picking him.. But I chose Gwin instead
Also amazing work to troy
his time blitz Juniors and would have done well in Elites

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Best run EVER!

[video=youtube;9NLcLqT4SwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLcLqT4SwE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
11 seconds up, bullshit whip, and 0.9s faster than gwin before he went down.. in champery, in the wet.

If that isn't the most convincing win in the history of the sport, I don't know what is!

WOO HART!
Kovarik putting 14secs into nico at fort bill was a pretty convincing win :p

needaride

Likes Dirt
Best run EVER!

[video=youtube;9NLcLqT4SwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLcLqT4SwE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

hahaha just listening to pagey and warner on that replay makes me wish I'd paid for freecaster! They nearly lost the plot when he threw that whip... insane run, well deserved World Champ!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
And he is on a glory, who wants one now
A Glory sells well enough already and allows them to mass produce but this type of result should see it go ballistic. It worked in the past for so many companies and it could mean an even cheaper downhill bike in the coming years if they sell ridiculous amounts of them.

I've watched Danny's run about 654 times and it amazes me how much grip he has on that course. He hit the lines like they were dry and cornered like it wasn't that steep! What a great show of control and commitment, a true champion!

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Nice Work Danny
when I was going my tips i was so close to picking him.. But I chose Gwin instead
Also amazing work to troy
his time blitz Juniors and would have done well in Elites
Would have done well? It would have put him in second place in elite. As someone else mentioned he also raced just after it started raining so the track was possibly a lot greasier than when Hart ran.