indica

Serial flasher
Click link - web page opens.

looks like this

Press the "click here to start downloading" button

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
I did that and it downloaded ilivid, I have installed that and now as far as I can tell it will download through the ilivid download manager?
initially I was unaware I needed the DL manager which is why i was a bit ocnfused why I was recieving a different file.

indica

Serial flasher
Strange, doesn't do that for me, I just tried and I cliked the link and the .rar started to come.
My wife got the file straight up too.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I have no idea why its not working for me.
When I originally clicked on the links and clicked DL I was downloading the DL manager. Now that has DL'd It is still only DL the manager everytime I try DL the file. I have no idea why its doing it.

OK I worked out what I was doing wrong, simple school boy error. Instead of clicking "click here to start downloading form sendspace"
I was clicking the bigger download button on the left hand side. All good now rar files are downloading.

Thanks for getting this up indica

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Feel like such a rookie now with that downloading.
Its all good, just stoked to know I can now watch champs.

indica

Serial flasher
It's not Warner though, it is some seppo that thinks Danny made a great recovery when he was WHIPPING.

harveyp

Likes Dirt
I didnt get to see any of the early race footage but I would imagine the track may have been slightly better for the elite men. The main lines would have probably been carved up and into the track a little more providing a little more grip in some sections, the track would have probably had more loose mud on top of be track and a greasier surface during juniors. But either way the track was still trashed
Yep, your spot on mate - there were no lines for the Juniors just slushy, greasy mud and anything solid was like riding on ice! It actually stopped raining just after Junior Men for quite awhile & thats when the ruts were formed but even so it was mad & as I said earlier, there was no easy way down!!

needaride

Likes Dirt
It's not Warner though, it is some seppo that thinks Danny made a great recovery when he was WHIPPING.
Haha yeah that was classic, and earlier in his commentary that same guy said he'd been following the sport for 20 years and seen it all! haha.

EDIT:

I noticed in one of the VitalMTB slide shows that the Athertons were running a different length linkage in the V3 to give a more linear shock rate..

Does this indicate that the bike needs further development, or just a tweak for this race? Gee hasn't had the best of seasons.. is the bike part of the reason? Two mechanical failures at World Cups???

Vital photo of the different link found here

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/feat...wnhill-4X-Training,2718/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

Last edited:

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
I noticed in one of the VitalMTB slide shows that the Athertons were running a different length linkage in the V3 to give a more linear shock rate..

Does this indicate that the bike needs further development, or just a tweak for this race? Gee hasn't had the best of seasons.. is the bike part of the reason? Two mechanical failures at World Cups???
Cause wheel and tyre longevity is directly related to how linear/progressive your rear suspension is.... :dejection:
The Athertons have been running ultralight (For DH) wheels and tyres this year and it just hasn't paid off.

Last edited:

needaride

Likes Dirt
Cause wheel and tyres longevity are a directly related to how linear/progressive your rear suspension is.... :dejection:
The Athertons have been running ultralight (For DH) wheels and tyres this year and it just hasn't paid off.
Well if the rear end is too stiff it could put more force through the rear rim? Anyway just a thought. Wonder if they will stick with that new linkage or if it was just a one-off, but if they do stick with it, will it become production? In which case those who have already bought a V3 will be feeling a bit short-changed...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Don't forget to record the coverage on SBS 2 tonight at 9pm, check your guides to be sure.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Yep, your spot on mate - there were no lines for the Juniors just slushy, greasy mud and anything solid was like riding on ice! It actually stopped raining just after Junior Men for quite awhile & thats when the ruts were formed but even so it was mad & as I said earlier, there was no easy way down!!
Brendon and Sam both mention the track improved by the end in this video from Specialized-

[video=youtube;gNTcFEY_Mjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTcFEY_Mjs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Although im not sure on Sams comment wether he ment it was better or worse??

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha yeah that was classic, and earlier in his commentary that same guy said he'd been following the sport for 20 years and seen it all! haha.
He was very boring, but I remember seeing him at the 1996 worlds in Cairns. It has at least been 15 years.

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Well if the rear end is too stiff it could put more force through the rear rim? Anyway just a thought. Wonder if they will stick with that new linkage or if it was just a one-off, but if they do stick with it, will it become production? In which case those who have already bought a V3 will be feeling a bit short-changed...
-The progressiveness of the suspension curve due to the current V3 linkage is not going to cause a noticeable decrease in Wheel/Tyre longevity for the Atherton's over any other World Cup racer.
-Gee's mechanical at Ft Bill was caused by running Stans Flow rims, (470g/rim) which while strong for their weight aren't up to the intensity of a rider like Gee or a track like Ft Bill. In Mont Saint Anne, Gee ran folding tyres which again were probably not the right choice for his riding style or the MSA track.
-Alson, Gee runs his rear suspension pretty soft compared to a lot of the men, especially Gwin and you don't see him with the same problems in race runs do you?
-I'd imagine that the linkage was a one off to deal with the steepness of the Champery track. If it were to go into production, I'd imagine that it would be retrofittable with the current frames as it is only the linkage that is changing and not the other parts of the frame.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Not taking away from danny harts win, the guys a fave of mine, and also that run was virtually perfect. But i think the little guys had an advantage in the mud and switchbacks...if it was dry the story would have been different i think.

Contracts Danny, spagnolla too.
A 11second difference, im not so sure. Sure everyones speed increases in the dry but a 11 second gap shows alot of talent on that track dry or wet. I do think it would have been much closer.

Unbelievable considering being out of a sling for less than 2 weeks and having the better part of this and last season off the bike! Great to see Blinky and Brendan on the podium too.
Also considering his pause up top which lost all momentum and his little moment further down.

That was awesome, that has to be some of the best if not best riding I have ever seen. Good work Troy, cant wait to see him play with the big boys.

Go Little Rhys too, 41st I think?
If the worldcup is anything to go by his already playing with and beating the big boys. Going to be a good season next year im betting troy will be in the running for the Worldcup title. Thats my tip anyway.

No doubt, one for the ages. If Gwin had stayed on his bike I reckon he would have been close. He was a second down split one and lost another second between slipt 2/finish after the crash. I don't think he would have beaten Hart but those two were the class of the field today.
When gwin went down he was 2 seconds behind hart so he was loosing time on hart, hart also managed to continue to expand his gap on the field the whole way down. Although its impossible to say if gwin didnt crash I would put him 6second behind Hart. Gwin is ahead of the rest and Hart was on another level again in that race.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Finally got around to watching it thanks to the freecaster free replay! Absolutely awesome run from Hart and easily the best run i've ever seen. Well done to Sam as well coming 7th? with only a few days of riding under his belt. And troy!!!!!!!!

Massive props to Rob and Nigel, best 2 commentators ive heard in any sport. Best leave the one liners to me Nige!

"OH GOODDD, DANNY STAY ON YOUR BIKE SON"

Last edited:

Zuma

Squid
Junior DH Team places 2nd

A big pat on the back to the Australian Junior DH Team who came in second (just behind the French but ahead of the Kiwis), and who would have retained that place even without Troy's brilliant run. In fact, they would have retained that place even without Troy's or Connor's results counting. Phil, Dave and Brandon would have got us over the line. That's depth. Well done boys - Australia should be proud of you.
:clap2::clap2: