2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
I'm so glad I paid to view live. What an exciting race - watching Danny Hart was amazing. Warner and Page just about had a fit in the commentary booth!

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Better video of Hart's run:

[video=youtube;fLCVWhT4QPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=fLCVWhT4QPA[/video]

And Emmiline's run:
[video=youtube;tMpLsg9uOnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpLsg9uOnY[/video]

*Edit* Sorry about the screen cap not being centred in Emmiline's run. I must have scrolled accidentally before hitting the record button.

Last edited:

chunkyapple

Sherlock Pommes
Shit that was fast, that log drop, that one corner where the back wheel steps out and holy shit that whip! That was ridiculous.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I reckon if Brosnan was running with the elites he could've maybe won...as the track had less/no ruts in the corners when the first of the women come down. Mighty impressive...shame we will never see his run

indica

Serial flasher
I have a capture of the mens, but it is just over 1 gig, and as such I can't work out where to put it.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I have a capture of the mens, but it is just over 1 gig, and as such I can't work out where to put it.
Could compress it but not idea when you lose quality.
If you get it up somewhere definatly post the link up here.

Has anyone found any footage of the juniors yet?, so keen to see troys run.

indica

Serial flasher
I want to split it but cant find anything for linux, spike x will come to the rescue i hope

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Has anyone found any footage of the juniors yet?, so keen to see troys run.
i watched it live and they said something about freecaster not having the contract to broard cast the juniors, stupid UCI, so i'm pretty sure we won't ever see his run.

oh yeah, i'm a massive Aussie supporter, but Danny, HOW DO YOU SIT ON A BIKE WITH BALLS THAT BIG!!!!! - quoted from rob warner. Congrates to Troy B too, world junior champ again, nice.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Im uploading the mens now.
I'll post the links here, if the mods dont want me to, let me know and you can all PM me for them

harveyp

Likes Dirt
I just wish we got to see Brosnan's run. By the sounds of it he was one of the first guys down after it started raining. That much rain on a hard-packed clay track with no time for ruts to form would have been like riding on ice.

Very possibly could have been the run of the day but noone will ever know because we were watching shitty panning shots of the crowd. :mmph:
It rained all day including through the entire junior mens race but the reality is that it had pissed down overnight so the track was atrocious from the start of junior women! There were no easy runs on Sunday!!

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Ah fair enough. I thought it only started raining half way through the junior men for some reason.

Do you think the course would have been faster or slower for Troys run?

driftking

Wheel size expert
Ah fair enough. I thought it only started raining half way through the junior men for some reason.

Do you think the course would have been faster or slower for Troys run?
I didnt get to see any of the early race footage but I would imagine the track may have been slightly better for the elite men. The main lines would have probably been carved up and into the track a little more providing a little more grip in some sections, the track would have probably had more loose mud on top of be track and a greasier surface during juniors. But either way the track was still trashed

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn, Bryceland's bike went flying!

[video=youtube;dlLubsKEGv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlLubsKEGv0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

driftking

Wheel size expert