Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds wicked man, going to be hard to put up numbers in the silly season though!
That's a good thing! Gives people something to aim for over Christmas if there away from the gym/normal routine.

Finished Ironman WA today, am currently in the most sports-associated pain I have ever been in, in my life.
Awesome. How'd you do? Embrace the pain :p

Box jump: It's gunna be hard to do for some, but I'll add it. How do you measure it without equipment? Stack up some eskies or something?

Run in 60mins: Sounds good but hills make it unfair. I'll add it but it's purely distance over time so pick your run route carefully haha.

We still need a bicycling one!

Last edited:

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
another one oto add is how fast to do "bodyweight 200" - i do a modded version without a stability ball. ill post it up when i get home if you want...

my02

Likes Dirt
Nice idea. I think start it and it should evolve as people dictate.

How are you proposing maintain the board? Just have everyone C&P the list but only with their lifts for that day / week / month? Need to ensure that its PBs rather than just a log.

Oh and could you add overhead squat, TGU + jerk if possible (although appreciate that these might be advanced moves for some).

A bike related one is tough but how about the longest manual on an exercise bike ;-)

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
another one oto add is how fast to do "bodyweight 200" - i do a modded version without a stability ball. ill post it up when i get home if you want...
Hmm.. maybe. I want to keep it directed towards performance testers rather then complete workouts. Trying to stick to basics, but if you reckon it's hardcore then I'll add it in!

Nice idea. I think start it and it should evolve as people dictate.

How are you proposing maintain the board? Just have everyone C&P the list but only with their lifts for that day / week / month? Need to ensure that its PBs rather than just a log.

Oh and could you add overhead squat, TGU + jerk if possible (although appreciate that these might be advanced moves for some).

A bike related one is tough but how about the longest manual on an exercise bike ;-)
Just post up in here with your scores and I'll update the post. It's a leaderboard so if your previous attempt improves, post up the new record and your listing gets updated. You can use it as a log if you want but you only get 1 spot per exercise, i.e. if your pullup max is 12 and the next week it's 15, your "record" is updated to 15 and the 12 attempt is deleted.

I want to keep the list pretty basic, I think overhead squat is too similar to the normal squat, TGU is too odd imo, Did you wan't a clean and jerk in there? or what's a TGU+Jerk? Clean and jerk sounds pretty good!

Updated the list with my attempts. Pretty damn proud of my dead lift tonight :) Also tried to squat 120 but failed. First time I've used the safety bars, now I know they work! hahaha

Edit: Sweet! That's exactly what I was looking for, I'll be chasing your scores MRE! I'll add in some olympic lifts, Still not sure about TGU, Guess i'll add it in since we have two votes for it! Hope the original post doesn't get so big we can't add to it lol

Military press is when your standing upright, feet together and you push a barbell from your chest up above your head. A push press is the same but you give a little push with your legs to get the weight up. MP is much harder as your using only your upper body and core to get the weight up, no legs/momentum.

Last edited:

madridingengineer

Likes Dirt
First off.... Great idea Steve-O!!!!!

Good luck everyone.
Heres my scores so far- Hopefully will try and fill in the ones i havent done soon.

Quick Question Stevo. Ive never heard of the military press before. Just to clarify is that just a straight legged press(while standing)? No push press?

I also reckon that TGU and some more OLY lifts (Split jerks, Snatches) should be in there too. I reckon we might have some strength beasts lurking in the shadows on RB.

Most pushups:

Most pullups:
(Done from a dead hang, No kip)

Most dips:

100m Sprint:

100 Burpee challenge times:
Havent done this yet---but you're an evil man for including this :D

Biggest Deadlift (Kg for Kg):
MRE: 175kg @ 72.5kg--- 2.413

Biggest Bench (Kg for Kg):
MRE: 75kg @ 72.5kg--- 1.03

Biggest Military Press (Kg for Kg):
MRE: 62.5kg @ 72.5kg--- 0.862

Biggest Squat (kg for Kg:
MRE: 90kg @ 72.5kg--- 1.241

Biggest Deadlift):
175kg

Biggest Bench:
75kg

Biggest Military Press:
62.5kg

Biggest Squat:
90kg (Back Squat)

Beep test:

Most Muscle Ups:
4 Strict with turn out, No kip

Box Jump:
111.7cm (44inch)

Distance Run 60m:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Are pushups just down to horizontal upper arms, or nose to the floor?
I've never actually tried to do a single max rep set, so I'm keen to have a go at some of these too, just gotta heal!

Actually, what's the consensus for single limb exercises in comparison with normal ones? As someone who doesn't have much kicking around in the way of weights, I do stuff like calf raises and squats one legged. I know squats work an awful lot more than the legs, so a pistol squat isn't really the same as squatting your own weight, but if I'm doing one leg calf raises @20kg, could I expect to lift twice that with two legs?

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Most dips:
Not sure about bodyweight alone, but bodyweight + 20kg for 10 reps.

180kg @88kg

110kg @ 88kg

70kg @ 88kg

Biggest Squat (Kg for Kg):
150kg @ 88kg

Biggest Deadlift (Total):
180kg

Biggest Bench (Total):
110kg

Biggest Military Press (Total):
70kg

Biggest Squat (Total):
150kg

I'll probably give push-ups and dips a shot soon. Cutting at the moment whilst simultaneously focusing on strength, so hopefully my kg-kg ratio goes up.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are pushups just down to horizontal upper arms, or nose to the floor?
I've never actually tried to do a single max rep set, so I'm keen to have a go at some of these too, just gotta heal!

Actually, what's the consensus for single limb exercises in comparison with normal ones? As someone who doesn't have much kicking around in the way of weights, I do stuff like calf raises and squats one legged. I know squats work an awful lot more than the legs, so a pistol squat isn't really the same as squatting your own weight, but if I'm doing one leg calf raises @20kg, could I expect to lift twice that with two legs?
Ahh, not sure, Just go till horizontal arms, but they must be horizontal. You know if your only doing partial pushups :distrust:

I reckon you could probably lift more then double. Usually you can lift more on a barbell then dumbells and I'm guessing the same thing would apply to legs. However if you were to load up a barbell and squat, you might struggle for abit whilst "new" stabilizing/core muscles catch up. maybe.

@nDr3w, your a beast. Strongest man on farkin so far! Your squat is massive. You should be able to bust out heaps of dips if your doing +20 for 10.

my02

Likes Dirt
Bench (Kg for Kg):
55kg dumbbells for 4 (bar wasn't available) (113kg BW).

Military Press (Kg for Kg):
82.5 / 113.

Squat (Kg for Kg):
no chance! - back injury - weights are too embarrassing!
Does an 80kg lunge for 6 count?!

Deadlift (Total):
See squats - however managed 29 reps at bodyweight.

Dips:

Chins:
Pathetic!!

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I don't go out for big single lifts, although I may in the future. Don't see myself improving much on these figures either, I'm too bloody old! Height should be included in your deadlifts because us tall blokes have to move the weight further. I have a mate who can deadlift well over 200kg because he's so short he only needs to lift the bar about 6".

Most dips:

17 bodyweight. 5x5 16kg

187.5kg @123kg 5x1 6'3" (couple of months ago, back up to 180 now, and will probably go higher, goal was to be 200 by the end of the year, but that won't happen)

130kg x 3 @ 123kg a while ago, currently 107.5 5x5

62.5kg 5x5 @ 123kg

Biggest Squat (Kg for Kg):
130kg x 4 (more than a year ago, I'm lucky to squat 60kg now my knees are farked, front squat is 60kg too, seems easier on my knees)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do they have to be current or can I use my pre-injury PBs?
If there PB's from a few months ago, yes. If your like 45 and the PB's are from your 20's.. no. Keep it reasonable, if its purely injury holding you back then use old PB's.

Height should be included in your deadlifts because us tall blokes have to move the weight further.
Nope. I've seen some really tall people deadlift some big ass weights. It's more about technique and body proportions then pure height. It's like penalising a fat dude for benching more. All in the luck of the draw. You've got some pretty big lifts anyway! haha Will update the list later.

my02

Likes Dirt
Agree with NCR600 re height.

6'4 is not an easy height to deadlift at!

And I'll throw the old age thing in as well (just in case you get bonus points!)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, I'm not going to factor in anything, I know it can be harder if your taller and not built for it, but it's a leaderboard. I will post up old PB's but it must be reasonable. Also estimated 1RM's do not count, so where you listed a weight lifted for reps, I took that as your 1RM. Feel free to bust out a 1RM to post up! I counted My02's bench as 110 as technically that's what you lifted, however you could probably lift more using a barbell :distrust:.

The board needs to be kept simple, if we start factoring in age/height/BF%/anything it starts to get stupid. I can list your height on the board if you want but it wont affect your score.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
And I'll throw the old age thing in as well (just in case you get bonus points!)
Nonsense, just means you older guys have had more time to practice!:rofl:

Think I may start 5x5 either next week or the week after. Need something new and exciting after running 5/3/1 for ages.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Pull-Ups (overhand, more than shoulder width apart)
21 @ 79kg

Deadlift
140kg @ 79kg - 1.77

Bench
100kg @ 79kg - 1.26

Military Press (Kg for Kg):
60kg @ 79kg - 0.75

Squat (Kg for Kg):
130kg @ 79kg - 1.65

Will try out max dips and push ups soon.

Last edited: