Shane warne hates cyclists!!!

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
On the same occasion but different matter, what would you do if you were riding on the road and a motorist throws a bottle that shatters right in front of you and speeds off?
Swear my head off at him hoplessly, and at least try get his rego so I could perhaps report it. Not much chance in succeeding though, as you probably wouldn't even have enough time actually think of doing that (I don't think I would).

Other than that, oh yeah - did I mention swear my head off?

tomi_g

Likes Bikes
If the bloke did weave through stationary traffic and pushed off his car then I too would blow my stack and go at the guy.

I read had the cyclist admitting he unclipped and pushed on Warne's car to get past it. If someone had've done that to my car I would chuck a wobbly too.'

If he did in fact touch the guys car to get moving then that's really dumb and totally not on. If however he didn't, and he was rear ended for no reason, then I'd say Warnie probably got off lightly, somebody with a firey temper might have ended up doing a gorilla dance on his bonnet.
What's wrong with touching someone's car??

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Warne should have just got out and decked the guy . The cyclist was in the wrong by stopping and being confrontational .

tomi_g

Likes Bikes
If he was in his ferrari then theres a lot wrong with touching his car, i'd shoot them personally.

WTF? you'd shoot someone for touching your ferrari in the street? I still don't see what's wrong with touching someone's car on the street, no matter what sort of car it is.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
WTF? you'd shoot someone for touching your ferrari in the street? I still don't see what's wrong with touching someone's car on the street, no matter what sort of car it is.
I just find it annoying and don't want to have to worry about a cyclist slipping off under the car or scratching etc. This is coming from a cyclist as well.

MARKL

Eats Squid
If he was in his ferrari then theres a lot wrong with touching his car, i'd shoot them personally.
From what I read it was his Merc so not an issue; agree though if it was his Ferrari...I am sure more people have been around the block with Hurley than his Ferrari

wombat

Lives in a hole
What's wrong with touching someone's car??
Seriously? This is the sort of thing that gives drivers ammunition when it comes to bitching about a lack of respect from cyclists.

It's somebody else's property not a bloody grab handle, and they regularly have high quality finishes that are expensive to repair for starters.
If some dick in a car decided to use a bicycle as a guide for touch parking their car I'm sure there'd be a pretty pissed off cyclist. It's just not polite to go around touching other people's shit, especially when a small miscalculation could end up with your cleats leaving a costly repair bill for another innocent road user!

In fact I'd contend that if you can't make your way on the road without touching other vehicles then you probably shouldn't be on the road.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
If the intention was to hit you with a bottle of V, would you be happy with serving a $300 PIN?
Ah well that's different, I just read you said it smashed in front of you so that was the reason for the suggestion for the littering fine. If I thought someone had set out to hit me with a bottle I think I'd be heading to the nearest cop shop to give a formal statement and request something a little more serious than a PIN. $300 would still hopefully make someone think twice about doing it again though.

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seriously? This is the sort of thing that gives drivers ammunition when it comes to bitching about a lack of respect from cyclists.

It's somebody else's property not a bloody grab handle, and they regularly have high quality finishes that are expensive to repair for starters.
If some dick in a car decided to use a bicycle as a guide for touch parking their car I'm sure there'd be a pretty pissed off cyclist. It's just not polite to go around touching other people's shit, especially when a small miscalculation could end up with your cleats leaving a costly repair bill for another innocent road user!

In fact I'd contend that if you can't make your way on the road without touching other vehicles then you probably shouldn't be on the road.
Yep. I wouldn't like my bike to be touched by a passing motorist or motorcyclist for the same reason. Don't touch other vehicles, first thing they teach you when you start driving....

John U

MTB Precision
There's touching a car and there's touching a car.

In 12 years of commuting over quite a few k's down some very busy roads I reckon I have needed to touch cars on a couple of occasions. Maybe 3. Sometimes it can't be helped. No one can anticipate everything all the time. On these occasions I have acknowledged the driver after doing it, with a wave, probably more to let them know it was an unusual circumstance than a habit (a wave and a look can communicate a lot). On all occasions I got a wave back from the driver and no agro.

stackcheddar

Likes Bikes
In 12 years of commuting over quite a few k's down some very busy roads I reckon I have needed to touch cars on a couple of occasions. Maybe 3. Sometimes it can't be helped. No one can anticipate everything all the time.
I am interested to know what the circumstances were. Can you elaborate?

John U

MTB Precision
I am interested to know what the circumstances were. Can you elaborate?
Can't really recall. 12 years of commuting is a lot of k's. I think on one occasion I may have been pulling up at the lights next to a car, unclipped one foot and ended up leaning the other way for one reason or another, leant against the persons bonnet to stop myself falling on the ground.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
I'd seriously consider a deadly finish on my vehicle (probably toxic ferrous oxide, rust) so that people will have a think on touching my vehicle. Anyone who comes in contact with its finish will need chemical decontamination.

It'll come with a sign saying WARNING: Touch hazard! Not for safe for cyclist to grab who lose their balance on the road

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I'd seriously consider a deadly finish on my vehicle (probably toxic ferrous oxide, rust) so that people will have a think on touching my vehicle. Anyone who comes in contact with its finish will need chemical decontamination.

It'll come with a sign saying WARNING: Touch hazard! Not for safe for cyclist to grab who lose their balance on the road
You must drive a Honda with V-TEC. Respecta!