2013 Parts Thread

Cycle Technic

Likes Bikes
Dear Mr. Kona, your bike looks great, but what is that bouncing at the end when I ride?
Oh, that's just our severely outdated suspension design. Looks great though ay?
Dear Mr Indica,

Thanks for your letter. We agree that the bouncing in the rear end is a little outdated. To make up for it we have included with the new range a Reverb Stealth Post, we hope you enjoy it and appreciate your continued interest in our products, we agree that it looks great.

Sincerely,

Mr Kona

PS you'll need an old spoke and a length of brake cable, as the post will not be fitted from the factory.

D_Nine

Kona, Ellsworth , if it ain't broke why fix it ! I love some of these companies that rave about their "new, latest n greatest " suspension design and how it's the best ever! If only they didn't tell us the same with last seasons and the season before that and before that !! There's comfort in continuity and refinement.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They're awesome fun, nowhere near as slow as you think they would be. They can quite literally go anywhere. More popular in America/Europe for snow riding. But lots of people hit regular trails on them. Make decent touring bikes too.

I haven't got a picture on hand. But salsa has a full suspension fat bike in the pipeline too.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

DW-1

Dirt Works
They're awesome fun, nowhere near as slow as you think they would be. They can quite literally go anywhere. More popular in America/Europe for snow riding. But lots of people hit regular trails on them. Make decent touring bikes too.

I haven't got a picture on hand. But salsa has a full suspension fat bike in the pipeline too.
[video=youtube;gO4ckwsDeIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO4ckwsDeIM&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

We've had a *lot* of interest in FATbikes locally. Mainly as pure adventure bikes... but plenty of people want to use them as their regular rides too.

Me... I ride a Pugsley currently and can't wait for the Salsa dually to be released next year.

Elvis.

Last edited:

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What is the GO with these? I don't know whether to love it or hate it! Are they faster, smoother, lighter, more comfortable or just for show?
They are soooooo smooth, and not heavy or slow as they appear to be. I can see me owning a fat bike sometime in the future. If you were buying a bike to ride rail trails, fire trail and do the occasional single track, and comfort/smooth ride is a critical factor I couldn't think of anything better suited. George from Isi Carriers gave me a quick test of his, and all it took was a 30m ride in his driveway and I was sold.

Dh Rasta

Likes Dirt
Only took me like 5 mins on google and the bottom one had 2013 saint so I presumed they were new models :bananalama:

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
Only took me like 5 mins on google and the bottom one had 2013 saint so I presumed they were new models :bananalama:
you probably came across the vital mtb test bike, if you didn't read it there testing the new saint gear not the pivot bike the bike has been the same colour and geometry since 2011....