2013 Parts Thread

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Well it's time for the 2013 sneak peeks and official releases thread, spot anything, hear anything, have an inkling or suspicion post it in here.

Lets get this party started..

Scott 4X Dually

Nukeproof Prototype Slopestyle Dually "The Rook"

2013 Shimano Saint Sneek Peek

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Bloody hell, we've only just started to see the 2012 gear arrive from Europe... tis getting beyond silly.

new saint cranks and derailleur is nice.. but just how many months till their out, surely their cutting themselves off from more sales of 2011-12 generation with people holding off for these..

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Dig the bar spinning hidro gizmo(what the hell are they called again, ahh Giro?)on the Nuke proof. Not so sure about the shifter location, but I guess for that bikes purpose it's set for where you're sessioning n forget mainly.

FoxRidersCo

Dig the bar spinning hidro gizmo(what the hell are they called again, ahh Giro?)on the Nuke proof. Not so sure about the shifter location, but I guess for that bikes purpose it's set for where you're sessioning n forget mainly.
Yeah it's an integrated setup though so unlike the press fit ones you can acheive a much lower stack height, it will be compatible with Trickstuff and Straitline's hydro gyro systems

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Spose I better contribute to some of this:

X-fusion:

For 2013 X-fusion have developed their 34 line (34mm diameter stanchions) for improved durability, stiction and weight. For the first two, they developed their new Gold Slick Ano coating that’s impregnated with Teflon. It’s a non-porous hard anodized coating that improves lubrication movement. Hauer says non-porous nature of the coating means it’ll last longer than some competing coatings, and the small bump compliance is improved. Compared to their standard stanchion, it reduces breakaway force by about 14lbs on the forks and about 8lbs on shocks. They say test results show it’s just as slick at Fox’s Kashima coating, and they’ve tested it to hold up for more than five year’s worth of riding. This will be available on the Slant, Trace and Vengeance forks, the Vector Air and new Microlite shocks (shown above), and their new Hilo SL dropper post.

29er fork, various travel options.

Slant 34mm, 80-160mm travel range dependent on model, 2 different stanchion lengths dependent on model.

vengeance, so bloody good, just finish the DH fork already!

Microlite shock, yeah that's light.

OH yeah, getting there finally! Extra $50 gets you one of 6 custom tunes to suit your bike. ;) X-FUSION COMIN' AT YA!

"CUSTOM TUNING – New for this year is the option to select one of six “custom” tunes. Usually, if you’re ordering aftermarket, often you’re picking off the shelf tunes rather than the custom tunes that come on most bikes now. Where most manufacturers offer an expensive custom tuning process to match it up to your particular frame, X-Fusion will do it for $50 if ordered when you purchase the shock (it costs more if you send it in for custom tuning after purchase). Stock, you’ll get about a 2.5:1 leverage ratio tune that’s right in the middle of the range of custom tunes. For the $50 upcharge, you get one of six “custom” tunes offered, including one slope style tune, and X-Fusion will recommend a tune based on the bike it’s going on and rider experience and style. Further tuning can be made by ordering one of their AV (Air Volume) canisters that adds a bit more air volume for longer travel bikes. Joel Smith, X-Fusion’s general manager, says the instances where a rider would really need the AV can is rare, that their range of custom tunes has something to fit most everyone. They’ll have full info with the shock rates and other tech specs in a couple weeks on their website."

Now only if we could get some of this onto our shores!

And im testing the long travel 02 RCX 240mm shock currently, might huge, yet stupidly light air shock..

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Any word on changes - weight being the main thing on my mind?
No changes. Just saves a few hundred grams being anodized not painted. Zerodes need to be ridden to appreciate how light they ride with the weight centered, and the rear end super light without all the running gear out there. Maybe next model they'll try get more weight out of it. I think the focus is more on durability than weight. As the bikes are performing very well and customers seem satisfied with the weight compromise for durability and performance.
When I saw the photo I had a quick hope it was carbon. Too bad its not
Yeah it would be nice, but I'm pretty sure Zerode feel it's too much of a gamble still and a non justified expense at this point. I'm sure eventually they will be, but I'm guessing it's at least a couple of years off for the DH bike at least. As for the "too bad it's not", all I can say is get any current carbon bike, get used to it, get timed, get a Zerode for a few hours, get timed, see what was fastest and what gave you the biggest smile. Sure there'll always be someone who prefers a certain feeling bike, but I think I can still confidently say you'd dig the Zerode.
Carbon is the best choice for building bikes, no doubt about it, but only if done right.

That X Fusion gear looks and sounds brilliant. Exciting to have another option.

Last edited:

FoxRidersCo

2013 X-Fusion Slant and Velvet forks are convertible to 650B by popping in the optional 10mm travel limiting spacer on the inside...

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As for the "too bad it's not", all I can say is get any current carbon bike, get used to it, get timed, get a Zerode for a few hours, get timed, see what was fastest and what gave you the biggest smile. Sure there'll always be someone who prefers a certain feeling bike, but I think I can still confidently say you'd dig the Zerode.
Carbon is the best choice for building bikes, no doubt about it, but only if done right.
I actually have ridden one. And they're not to shabby.
The weight still puts me off. And unfortunately, if a carbon one comes out I have a feeling the price would put me off..

floody

Wheel size expert
Hardly call Fairclough's rig a new 2013 bike...nothing wrong with it of course, its just not new, its a painted Voltage FR10 with the optional slopestyle shock mounting and dropouts kit.

FoxRidersCo

2013 Shimano ZEE components... slx replacement maybe ??

2013 Shimano SAINT components... including SAINT DH flat pedals ??

niki125

Likes Dirt
Hone replacement?? Surprised they're bringing out a second tier DH group if it is, Hone never lasted long...

rone

Eats Squid
Hone replacement?? Surprised they're bringing out a second tier DH group if it is, Hone never lasted long...
One would suspect they've learned their lessons with Hone. Been dying to see the ZEE stuff and it doesn't disappoint. I'll wager the brakes will sell-out faster than Shimano can supply.

Hopefully Shimano Australia get their shit together and we don't have a repeat of the supply issues with M785 XTs.

You tend to forget, with online shopping, that locally the Saint stuff is fairly pricey. $300 rear derailleur anyone?

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seeing as Saint and Zee are up here, may as well throw up some 2013 SLX gear too......

Brakes get IT pads and rotors and the rear mech gets a shadow plus clutch.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whats the story with the clutch things? u switch it on and get less slap? so wouldnt you always have it on? huh?