Official kentlyn thread

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Yes it's the old guy with the long grey beard, rake, shovel and the crazy look in the eye.

Kentlyn needs a WolfcreekPsycho to handle the mad Russian.
Silly Old C@#T was how I remember you : )

The guns are all up for sale so wont be able to help in the crusade against the Mad Russian... but something needs to be done. There is a "weed" crop somewhere on the South side of Peter Meadows, Eastern side of the main firetrail after you come down from my Bendi trail... Find that, and report it to the police saying you have seen the Mad Russian around it.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Weed Crop

Silly Old C@#T was how I remember you : )

The guns are all up for sale so wont be able to help in the crusade against the Mad Russian... but something needs to be done. There is a "weed" crop somewhere on the South side of Peter Meadows, Eastern side of the main firetrail after you come down from my Bendi trail... Find that, and report it to the police saying you have seen the Mad Russian around it.
I remember a WolfCreekPhsycho talking about a future track there, or was that after the crop matured.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I remember a WolfCreekPhsycho talking about a future track there, or was that after the crop matured.
First couple hundred meters got raked out too.. Should still be there.
At the 3trees on the main fire trail, look right and head up that gully. So much potential in there.
:)

dig2107

Squid
Kentlyn Trail Map

Hi - Is there any official trail map for Kentlyn? I have ridden out there a few times (and loved it) but would like to try and work out a nice, flowing 50km trail.
Help?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi - Is there any official trail map for Kentlyn? I have ridden out there a few times (and loved it) but would like to try and work out a nice, flowing 50km trail.
Help?
I used to put together a "loop" of about 25km. It was a lot of mini loops joined together and there were some linking sections that were used more than once. It was pretty much all singletrack except the firetrail crossing PM Rd. The problem now is the damage that has been done in some areas with woodwork being destroyed. For my old loop I'd now lose about 6km worth of singletrack because of this. It could still be ridden slowly or walked for short sections, but it isn't as much fun. If you add in some firetrail near the little retirement village, Old Ford Rd (a couple of DH push runs in there as well as the firetrail) and the run down the Frerres Crossing you could come up with close to 50km but I'd be riding a lot of that stuff just to get the km up, not because it is great riding like most of the singletrack in there. There are other bits that could be linked up like the firetrails behind Airds and Smiths Creek Reserve, but again, you'd just be riding that stuff for the kms, not for the quality of the trails.

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
I'm after some specific info regarding the DH/FR trails near the retirement village at Kentlyn. Are they still rideable? Is it worth taking the DH rig out for a look? I have ridden the fire trail through there but didn't see any DH tracks. Any help much appreciated....Cheers, Nathan.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would imagine that by this time the old DH tracks that I was aware of near the retirement village would be well and truly destroyed/overgrown unless someone is looking after them. The two tracks that I'm thinking of became one trail about half way down with both entrances being a decent ride from each other. They used to have some big features on them too! One started over a dirt mound opposite the double jump coming down from the North Shore area. The other started near the end of a dead end firetrail where you would turn left to go down the trail instead of right to go up and towards the retirement village. There was another entrance to this second one but I can't quite remember where it is. I think it's off to the right of the left hand sweeper firetrail bend going down from the NS area.

I actually rode the other side this afternoon. The Rock Trail is in great condition. The Bendi Track needs a little tlc and more use. A few trails seem to be getting a bit overgrown or had trail bikes and horses on them.

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, just trying to locate somewhere local for the big rig. Seems a lot of the trails in the Kentlyn/Minto Heights area were quite good at one point in time but a lot of the bigger "stunts" don't hold up without maintenance. Still some good singletrack to be found though as you say. I've found your website to be quite helpful too so thanks! Also quite keen to give Kessels run a go at Camden. From what I can tell it's pretty good. If ever you see a middle aged guy plodding around on a Craftworks frm125 say G'day.

Newts

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, just trying to locate somewhere local for the big rig. Seems a lot of the trails in the Kentlyn/Minto Heights area were quite good at one point in time but a lot of the bigger "stunts" don't hold up without maintenance. .
The maintenance around the main lines pretty much stopped when all the woodwork got torn apart last year. Just a little annoying when all the work got ripped apart for the 100th time.
I havent been out there on a bike in nearly 12 months. Might be time to take a look out there but more for the XC loops.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The trails on the lower side of the Bendi Track have had a little bit of work on some parts. Others in the same area are obviously not being ridden, but the leaf cover made for some exciting riding! Crank It looks like it is either holding up extremely well or has had a little work, which it definitely has over the rocks where some woodwork has been added.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Clean XC Track after storms Thursday Night

The Rock Trail XC track @ Kentlyn is clean after big storm brought down 5 trees and a million sticks (derallieur breakers).

The 6kms of Singletrack is ok to Rock @ Roll.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a walk around Bendi and along the creek track yesterday afternoon and did a clean up. Surprisingly there wasn't as much on the ground as I thought considering how bad the storm was.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bendi looks like it's not getting ridden much now. We moved a tree on one of the bends last ride there and there was a bit of overgrowth. Needs more people riding it!

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Over the last few weeks a lot of the overhanging dead branches and bushes along Bendi have been trimmed or removed. Looking a bit tidier now, just needs a good raking. And someone has been busy as I noticed some more extension work started on the first half of the track.

Bendi really only gets ridden by the regulars. It's surprising how many people don't know where it is. I jog/walk (don't laugh) as well as ride along it and rarely ever see anyone other than the regular locals.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Main Peter Meadows Creek Trail now clear.

Most XC trails North of Peter Meadows Road are now clear. After the Storm Thursday last.

Careful on the Downhill with all the damage.

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Over the last few weeks a lot of the overhanging dead branches and bushes along Bendi have been trimmed or removed. Looking a bit tidier now, just needs a good raking. And someone has been busy as I noticed some more extension work started on the first half of the track.

Bendi really only gets ridden by the regulars. It's surprising how many people don't know where it is. I jog/walk (don't laugh) as well as ride along it and rarely ever see anyone other than the regular locals.
Glad to see its still being cared for :)

Must get back down there one day

jeffro75

Likes Bikes

So where is it. I'm local and am new to mtb. Have ridden mt annan a few times but would like to ride before 10am. Where do I park? I will become a regular and help maintain the tracks along with my brother in law and his mates that ride.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So where is it. I'm local and am new to mtb. Have ridden mt annan a few times but would like to ride before 10am. Where do I park? I will become a regular and help maintain the tracks along with my brother in law and his mates that ride.
If no-one puts a ride up before I do, you're welcome to come along on my next ride out there and I'll show you the bits I know.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
If no-one puts a ride up before I do, you're welcome to come along on my next ride out there and I'll show you the bits I know.
Great. Let me know when your going next. I like to ride Monday afternoons from 3pm and Saturday mornings. Sundays are good too.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn this Saturday 9am

Riding Kentlyn this Saturday from the corner of Old Kent Rd & Darling Ave.

Will be riding about 18-20kms medium pace (faster if you want) and taking in BENDI & THE ROCK TRAIL and the inbetween bits.

Leaving at 9am for anyone interested. Weather doesn't matter but Kentlyn has sand, and in the rain, it gets sticky.

'WolfCreekPhsyco' sorry buddy that I've been a bit slack on Bendi lately, but I'm old. As the Comic Book Guy said there is work getting done at Bendi.

PS: Crank1979 knows every bit. So the bits he knows,"That's all there is".

Last edited: