Official kentlyn thread

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
So myself and a couple of mates got out to explore kentlyn on sat. We started off at old Kent road and went in search of Bendi, after riding straight past it on the lead in single and riding around for abot half hour on some decent trails we come accross Bendi. So we figured out where is started and rode it until it dropped down some rocky steeper section to the FT but could not see where it went from there. Is that the end of the Bendi Single or did we miss it?
We ended up going across to the kentlyn side near georges river road but were once again could not find any single. From all reports on how good kentlyn is I'm assuming there is a lot more out there. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

mtboer

Likes Dirt
So myself and a couple of mates got out to explore kentlyn on sat. We started off at old Kent road and went in search of Bendi, after riding straight past it on the lead in single and riding around for abot half hour on some decent trails we come accross Bendi. So we figured out where is started and rode it until it dropped down some rocky steeper section to the FT but could not see where it went from there. Is that the end of the Bendi Single or did we miss it?
We ended up going across to the kentlyn side near georges river road but were once again could not find any single. From all reports on how good kentlyn is I'm assuming there is a lot more out there. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
Bendi, if ridden in a loop is only about 2+ kms but flowy, and CBG is looking after it very good.

If you ride out the end of Bendi on the downhill track head accross Peter Meadows Road and continue on or turn left for about 50 metres and enter right for more Singletrack.This is a side track to the main Peter Meadows Creek Trail but well work it, with a luge etc. When on the Main Creek Trail and get to a big ridge in front of you (North) turn right and head up the hill on firetrail (beware of Downhillers).

To find The Rock Trail ( 6kms of Singletrack ) it is off Boronia road, Kentlyn. Boronia Road is a deadend to cars. Go through the Fire Gate and go to T Junction KN 1.13 turn right and go 40 meters
turn right at tape and follow for 6kms, till you come back out at Boronia Road.

Kentlyn is mainly a lineal park so it is hard to get lost. Check out Google Earth or Street Directory. The main part runs from Old Kent Road in the South to Boronia Road in the North , but that is not the limit.
Enjoy the ride.
The Kentlyn Tiger

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Bendi, if ridden in a loop is only about 2+ kms but flowy, and CBG is looking after it very good.

If you ride out the end of Bendi on the downhill track head accross Peter Meadows Road and continue on or turn left for about 50 metres and enter right for more Singletrack.This is a side track to the main Peter Meadows Creek Trail but well work it, with a luge etc. When on the Main Creek Trail and get to a big ridge in front of you (North) turn right and head up the hill on firetrail (beware of Downhillers).

To find The Rock Trail ( 6kms of Singletrack ) it is off Boronia road, Kentlyn. Boronia Road is a deadend to cars. Go through the Fire Gate and go to T Junction KN 1.13 turn right and go 40 meters
turn right at tape and follow for 6kms, till you come back out at Boronia Road.

Kentlyn is mainly a lineal park so it is hard to get lost. Check out Google Earth or Street Directory. The main part runs from Old Kent Road in the South to Boronia Road in the North , but that is not the limit.
Enjoy the ride.
The Kentlyn Tiger
Cheers for that, by the sounds of it if we had of gone left where we went right at the ft and up the hill with all the baby heads on it we would have come to the rock trail. Might start at boronia road next time.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Start Point

Cheers for that, by the sounds of it if we had of gone left where we went right at the ft and up the hill with all the baby heads on it we would have come to the rock trail. Might start at boronia road next time.
Boronia Road is a good starting point, as you could ride The Rock Trail first, and then go exploring up toward BENDI, and if you had too much energy left at the end, ride The Rock again.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Boronia Road is a good starting point, as you could ride The Rock Trail first, and then go exploring up toward BENDI, and if you had too much energy left at the end, ride The Rock again.
Sounds like a plan, now I just need to find some time over Christmas to ride.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Had a ride this morning ( My first time ). Went in at Boronia Rd but went left I think onto maybe the downhill section?? Done about a 40min ride till we came back to the rock trail and loved it!! Its going to be my local cause its the type of riding I like. Not too hard on uphills and really flowy.
Is the downhill section any good and where exactly is it??

Newts

Likes Dirt
Had a ride this morning ( My first time ). Went in at Boronia Rd but went left I think onto maybe the downhill section?? Done about a 40min ride till we came back to the rock trail and loved it!! Its going to be my local cause its the type of riding I like. Not too hard on uphills and really flowy.
Is the downhill section any good and where exactly is it??
The DH is from Boronia, left up the hill and into the cow trail just at the top of the hill. It splits in 3 directions about 10-20 metres in.
Half of the DH lines have been pulled apart.

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
The DH is from Boronia, left up the hill and into the cow trail just at the top of the hill. It splits in 3 directions about 10-20 metres in.
Half of the DH lines have been pulled apart.
Cool thanks. So I guess we rode some of the bottom section. I might take a shovel out to smoothen some of it back out.

Cool thanks. So I guess we rode some of the bottom section. I might take a shovel out to smoothen some of it back out.
Smoothen what out, the jumps or more technical lines? I've noticed that some spots have been made easier (although more technical lines have been left there). FYI most of the jumps are in pretty poor condition, also watch out for sand pits, lots of them on corners, top of rocky sections etc. Pretty easy to wash out at speed

More generally I've seen a bushcare organisation out there lately, said they were planting seeds and doing some weeding along the creek. Seemed to be pretty relaxed and not bothered by biking.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

jeffro75

Likes Bikes
Smoothen what out, the jumps or more technical lines? I've noticed that some spots have been made easier (although more technical lines have been left there). FYI most of the jumps are in pretty poor condition, also watch out for sand pits, lots of them on corners, top of rocky sections etc. Pretty easy to wash out at speed

More generally I've seen a bushcare organisation out there lately, said they were planting seeds and doing some weeding along the creek. Seemed to be pretty relaxed and not bothered by biking.
Yeah I noticed that there is not really anything to smooth out. Rode it the other day.

CorpSe

Squid
Heading out to Kentlyn to give the new rear ust high roller a run.... bikes clean and tweaked and ready for a quick blast ..moved my saddle back a 2 cms and put a shorter headstem on it...time to explore a little more of our local trails...

just got back...plenty of really wet spots out there...not much good atm for the drive line with wet sticky sand being thrown into it...went and had a look at the old Peter Meadows trail ...that would have been a wicked track in its day...very loose loved it... going back when its dry... would have been good to see it when it was maintained...saw lots of motorbike tracks ripping it to pieces...guess this happens to often...

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was going to head out this afternoon, but if it's a bit wet I'll ride the Kessel Run at Camden instead, 5pm at Ulmarru Rd if anyone is interested.

I'll try to ride Kentlyn this Friday arvo, 4:30pm at the corner of Old Kent Rd and Darling Ave. Unless it rains again.

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Kentlyn Trails

Have cleaned Bendi-Wednesday The Rock Trail-Monday and the main Peter Meadows Trail on Tuesday. So the three main parts of Kentlyn are okay.
I rode through Wed night and a little wet but all good.
Grant , we need to update Kentlyn on Trailflix , as a lot of people are using the Newman Rd way in, now in shocking condition and are also missing Bendi & The Rock Trail.
Have a good ride Friday arvo.
Bob

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll try and update the Trailflix page this weekend.

Are you coming out for tomorrow afternoons ride? 4:30 at Old Kent and Darling Ave!

I'm keen to lend you a hand with some track work if I can. If you want any help let me know. :)