Sam Hill signed with CRC Nukeproof for 2013

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
judging by his elbow it looks like he's still crashing

hope he gets back to past form this season

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it don't matter what he wears, he is Sam Hill!!! But the sticker job on the bike looks a bit shithouse :evil:

heavyp

You heard it here first
judging by his elbow it looks like he's still crashing

hope he gets back to past form this season
haha after the season break, and testing a new bike I think he's aloud a few crashes. Everyones not perfect not even gwin as we saw last season crashing.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Graphics look like poo to me, it doesn't look professional - like its been added as an afterthought.

But if they gave me a free bike with those graphics I'd ride it.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Looks like he has finally gotten over his Moto pant style.

Then again it was Farkin hot the other day in mundairing.

On another note: don't over think the graphics etc. have a look at his gear and bike. He clearly has just gotten the gear from the team and is on an initial ride.

Monster Energy won't be throwing money his way just to have him NOT put any iron on labels/decals on bike. He doesn't even have the obligatory Sam hill sticker on the frame.

The start of the season is ages away and is not what he will look like come 1st race of the year.

This is however a strategic play by CRC to try and cement it's overseas business model in our direction. There were some other riders out of contract they could have chased.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
This is however a strategic play by CRC to try and cement it's overseas business model in our direction. There were some other riders out of contract they could have chased.
I doubt it's as much a strategic play to cement their business model in our direction, I reckon they've already achieved that (although it can't hurt). Sam's as good as anyone else riding the WC, if you're looking to sign someone there aren't many names bigger than Sam Hill.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
.... Aaron Gwin was up for grabs.

Danny hart is not far off ending his contract, or maybe he already resigned mid season ( not sure)

Brook Macdonald wouldn't have been that hard to get, and he actually won a race this year.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
.... Aaron Gwin was up for grabs.

Danny hart is not far off ending his contract, or maybe he already resigned mid season ( not sure)

Brook Macdonald wouldn't have been that hard to get, and he actually won a race this year.
Gwin actually wasn't up for grabs, he and his management had (as far as we all know) committed to Trek for the next 3 years.
Danny Hart is a very talented loose cannon with some maturing to do, and B Mac is managed by Whitely so was really never going to end up anywhere else.. So of those names I'd still say Hill was the best choice for CRC to make. And, as you suggested earlier, it does bring Aussies a little closer to home with CRC which is all warm and fuzzy..

Dicko888

Likes Dirt
I like the livery on the bike. But I'd say they have done that for one reason. They would have known these pics would go viral in the MTB world. The way I see it, its like in motorsports how they run a pretty bland livery for testing etc then release the proper livery just before the start of the season.

heavyp

You heard it here first
[video=youtube;wvy306CjGhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvy306CjGhw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Feels SO weird to see my home trails on such a video.

Even the production values of that short clip a far and away better than anything you normally get from YouTube.

Those trails are just up the road from my house.

Hopefully he does well.

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Why on earth would they make the first clip of the riding sequence a crappy shot of him botching a corner? haha

Beej1

So I'm assuming he'll be on the Nukeproof this weekend at Buller? If so will be interesting to see how he goes, assuming it will be his first race on it.

Just have to convince the mother visiting from Canberra that a trip to the Vic alps is just what she needs this Sunday.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Why on earth would they make the first clip of the riding sequence a crappy shot of him botching a corner? haha
It could be so people continue to talk about the video and make more people watch it and more people see the brands being advertised.

I like the subtle touch of how fast the Chain Reaction delivery service is when Sam opens the door and says "Geez, that was quick!". Classic.