Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Fuark really. Do you know if they're splitting any of the parts off them? I would more than love some parts off those cars. Please let me know if they are planning on getting rid of stuff off them.
Sorry mate but these two are destined for a life on rally stages at the moment. If things change I'll let you know. The one that arrived today is a sweet car in really good nick. Came with TEIN coilovers as well as all the other Spec C goodies. The other arrives tomorrow.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
The last four posts were an absolute load of bollocks.

If your car doesn't handle well it certainly won't drift well and if you can't steer you'll spend more time backwards than forwards in trying to drift.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sooo the wheels and coil overs are on, i've got about an inch + of thread on each corner left till the helpers are collapsed. As it stands im getting no rub at all, so will adjust down tomorrow to see what i can get away with. Oh and did i mention the rear 5x130 adapters were actually bolted on THROUGH the drum, and the drum on these are a one peice hub and bearing assembly. It was actually the best how this worked out, ended up finding i need two wheel cylinders leaking terribly.

It actually handles and rides alot better than expected after the reviews i read on these coil overs.

996187_10151438495527414_2042148063_n.jpg

Plow King

Little bit.
Managed to source my dream set of wheels. Limited edition oz racing prodrive PWRC wheels. Last set I saw in Australia went for 2k. I picked these up for 660.

Not my car btw. Still gotta wait for it to arrive via boat people from the UK

uploadfromtaptalk1371911674919.jpg

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Wb

This was my project car... then became my daily driver. Now it only comes out once and a while.It had a ground up rebuild about 10 years ago and gets slowly tinkered on once and a while these days. Its a WB (1983, 30 years old now!). Has an injected 355 (built by Bill Lee), supra box, rear end out of a later model commodore (disc brakes). Inside has the yellow needle GTS dash and comfy WRX seats. Fun car to drive.

P1010896.jpg

downhillar

Likes Dirt
Ziggy I have no love for VW's but that actually looks quite cool!!

Is anyone on here into hotrods at all? I'm waiting till I buy a house so I can build a massive shed and start putting together an old International/Chevy/Bedford/Ford or anything similar truck or pickup, leaving it rusty and dirty and driving around scaring people like this

[video=youtube;5-ZUsIoCLlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ZUsIoCLlM[/video]

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
This was my project car... then became my daily driver. Now it only comes out once and a while.It had a ground up rebuild about 10 years ago and gets slowly tinkered on once and a while these days. Its a WB (1983, 30 years old now!). Has an injected 355 (built by Bill Lee), supra box, rear end out of a later model commodore (disc brakes). Inside has the yellow needle GTS dash and comfy WRX seats. Fun car to drive.

View attachment 266878
Thats mint, whereabouts did you get it painted? and if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

My old man is rebuilding his WB panelvan and is looking for a good painter

Static 81

Likes Bikes

Is anyone on here into hotrods at all? I'm waiting till I buy a house so I can build a massive shed and start putting together an old International/Chevy/Bedford/Ford or anything similar truck or pickup, leaving it rusty and dirty and driving around scaring people like this

Love that movie and incidentally, I love rat rods too. Do it!

Ivan

Eats Squid

I saw a Van like the one in the video done up in semi rat rod style, up at Agnes Waters. Twas freakin awesome. it even had some bread van signwriting on the side

Yet1

Likes Dirt
Thats mint, whereabouts did you get it painted? and if you don't mind me asking how much was it?

My old man is rebuilding his WB panelvan and is looking for a good painter
Yeah, it got sprayed in Perth (Allspray in Malaga), couldnt even tell you what that cost though. I think the whole car cost about double that I had planned to spend on it..

Likes Bikes
Yeah, it got sprayed in Perth (Allspray in Malaga), couldnt even tell you what that cost though. I think the whole car cost about double that I had planned to spend on it..
Ute looks seriously good. I'm looking for a car to buy when I head over, didn't even think about looking at the Holden Utes that old but after seeing yours I think I'm going to have a serious look at them, looks a hell of allot nicer than the VP/VS/VT utes I was looking at.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh that eh is so sweet and sexy, and the ek, hot dam, gonna have to try not to cry at its beauty!, still wish I have the ej panel van