Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Well, my camaro has been torn apart to have some parts replaced that are long overdue for retirement:

In the works are new:
starter motor,
alternator,
fuel pump,
return fuel line,
better matched carb

And most excitingly a new transmission. The muncie M20 that was in there is pretty much toasted inside and needs roughly $1000 in parts. At that price I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy the toughened up "super muncie" with a reinforced case, M22W gears and steel midplate. Should be good for 700ftlbs of torque, compared to the inadequate 400ftlbs the original muncie was rated at. Plus it will have the super sexy m22 rock crusher whine when I drive, which is absolutely musical when combined with a carb v8 and a hyperactive electric fuel pump.

Since I last posted I also had it resprayed and a shitload of rust repair done, so here are a few photos stolen courtesy of Hume body works (Guys who did the spray work and rust repair) and Krystal Hemsworth (a buddy from friday night cruising)

snip!
That is an amazing Camaro. Its so refreshing to see one not 'decked out' with fully sik mags and bloody gauges everywhere, which is almost impossible to find unfortunately :frusty:

but anyway well done!

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dayum, don't know if the golf is worthy of having pics in this thread.

I have received steering wheel (and in doing so have fixed the horn problem, heh), coilovers and shift knob.Will get the car back from steering shop hopefully tomorrow after the rack and ends have been overhauled. I am now just waiting on rims, then tires, THEN GET'ER DUNNN. So thats the main things i wanted done asap, after its perfectly stanced and riding ok (read: back breakingly hard), ill focus on keeping it as reliable (and slow) as possible.

Oh and Selling the focus just FYI ;)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I have a set of these in 15x7 front and 15x8 rear et25 en route from the uk :)

View attachment 266378

Fake of course, i can't justify 3-4k for legit schmidt's
Nice choice! Haven't seen those before, but look like a combo of ronal turbo's and BBS with the bolts around the outside. Reckon they'll really suit it.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Time for another shameless plug for Canberra's Friday night car cruises. Meet up at RJ's in Woden at 8, 8:30ish then we move off from there at about 9:30. Come say hi, check out some interesting cars and meet a bunch of fellow enthusiasts to talk about cars and the more sophisticated crap in life. I'm out there most weeks with my Camaro (although temporarily it is off the road). If you can't see me, find Jesse (the head honcho wearing a bright green beanie) and come say hi, people are pretty sociable. Any questions shoot me a PM or ask it here. The more people and cars the better.

No Burnouts!

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Havnet been on farkin for a while,

Picked up a Seat Ibiza Cupra. Its the 16v 2ltr and only 54 were sold in Australia. (rear and shit in otherwords)

Picked mine up cheap in about 100 pieces. Broke my pelvis then it sat for a while.
Bolted it back together for VW nationals.
Pics because we like pictires.

Got it rego'd and drove it to NSW that day for the Wakefiled sprints. 2180km's for the first drive to a sprint meeting.

Has FK coilovers, EBC green stuff pads and no exhuast (well it has one but its too bloody noisy).

Plan is more track days.

Plow King

Little bit.
Havnet been on farkin for a while,

Picked up a Seat Ibiza Cupra. Its the 16v 2ltr and only 54 were sold in Australia. (rear and shit in otherwords)

Picked mine up cheap in about 100 pieces. Broke my pelvis then it sat for a while.
Bolted it back together for VW nationals.
Pics because we like pictires.

Got it rego'd and drove it to NSW that day for the Wakefiled sprints. 2180km's for the first drive to a sprint meeting.

Has FK coilovers, EBC green stuff pads and no exhuast (well it has one but its too bloody noisy).

Plan is more track days.
Looks good mate. Glad to see you enjoying it!

binner

Hath shat hymself
harrys diner

if anyone is interested , Harry's diner at Windsor (Brisbane) is having a rods nite this Friday. Its on every first and third Fri nite of the month. It's pretty cool and you see some sweet rides come out at nite. Just remember there is police presence and Harry's doesn't like throttle jocks, dickheads and wankers who love dropping the clutch.

see you there..........

Dougy

Likes Dirt
I love the way projects, be them cars or bikes, tend to find themselves spread all over the place. Have fun with your little track weapon.

I just picked up two 04 STi Spec Cs that are destined to be rally cars when they arrive back in Australia. They arrive Friday so I'll post some pics then for you Subie guys. The Spec Cs weren't available down there and have some cool stuff on them.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Hahaha. That's not a classis it just a shitty old car. Sorry mate I love old Dattos, especially S30Zs, old Skylines and Fairladys, but that was a boring as bat shit family truckster when it was new. It's funning how stuff is called "classic" just because it's old. I guess 11 people disagree with me but even I can't see the point of throwing coin into something like that.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, is it just me or does everyone else love doing floor pans? I don't think between me and my brother we've ever had a rust free floor. So I recently got an ln65 hilux and and surprise surprise! She's got a hole in the drivers floor. we worked out that the clutch master has been leaking (undoubtedly NEVER fixed) and the fluid has been running down some of the inside flooring and down under the pvc floor and pooling in the drivers floor pan. This has resulted in a fair fist sized hole in the drivers floor pan. Having seen my brother cut and replace entire floors in his various holdens I'm not too phased by this. Had a go at pressing floor pans yesterday and I think my method will work quite nicely given some proper measurements. First had to put ridges into a 1.5mm sheet (gal test sheet, actual floor will be zincalume) so I made a jig to press these ridges (photos later.) Pressed some into the small gal test sheet and sat it between two benches and procceded to "strength test" it. after jumping on one foot on the 4 ridges and only bending it ever so slightly I decided that this would be far sufficient for a car floor. As an exercise I then did the same with some .5mm black steel sheet with much the same success. Surprising how strong the ridges make sheet metal. I then decide to try and press a second fold across the ridges so that I could be the floor pan from one sheet of metal. With much success, here is the results.

IMG_9582.JPGIMG_9583.JPGIMG_9584.JPGIMG_9585.JPGIMG_9586.JPGIMG_9587.JPGIMG_9588.JPG

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
My HZ 1tonner

Getting some rust work done by a mates bro
pretty sure i had ZERO rollover protection before this...

above my head

under rear window

all across front window was fibrefill over rust...

we have a replacement panel that goes all the way across

heading out to tonight to get some more done

Plow King

Little bit.
I love the way projects, be them cars or bikes, tend to find themselves spread all over the place. Have fun with your little track weapon.

I just picked up two 04 STi Spec Cs that are destined to be rally cars when they arrive back in Australia. They arrive Friday so I'll post some pics then for you Subie guys. The Spec Cs weren't available down there and have some cool stuff on them.
Fuark really. Do you know if they're splitting any of the parts off them? I would more than love some parts off those cars. Please let me know if they are planning on getting rid of stuff off them.

Bobby_Digital

Likes Bikes
Dunno if this would fit in with project cars.. but it is an ongoing project for me..

2012 Subi BRZ. Was one of the first ones delivered, i bought it as a company car, but then work decided they want to give me a fully maintained car..
So with a VF Wagon on it's way, my BRZ is becoming a full time weekender.

So far i have done

engine wise
Tanabe Medalion cat back exhaust
Perrin light weight pully
Air Raid cold air intake.
AVO DBW Controller
Beatrush BMC brace

interior/exterior
JP Coachworks alcantra gear stick boot/dash hood.
Flossy custom gear knob, 25% tint
HT Autos lip kit.

i am sure there is more that i am missng.. my bank account sure says there is more :|

Anyway

things that are coming up

Shockworks coilovers
Wheels (yet to be decided)
semi-slicks
Project-mu pads + Rotors + Braided hoses.
Grimspeed brace
various bushings for the gearbox/diff etc.

then once all the suspension is sorted, then ill start looking at FI, keep looking at superchargers.. and i really want some more torque..

anyway, here is a pic from not long after i got it...

dodgembrzhdrfinalM.jpg