650b pfff

CresoDH

Likes Dirt
After all the talk at the world champs of 650b & 29er the 26inch still comes out on top, they might roll a bit faster but sure as shit don't turn better.

jrewing

Eats Squid
After all the talk at the world champs of 650b & 29er the 26inch still comes out on top, they might roll a bit faster but sure as shit don't turn better.
Amen...

The two main guys repolato29r and doucheMoGaptoothSmith650b both ate shit at the top on a track that should suit those bikes. Then Graves the animal on a smaller travel 26 placed 3rd.

Anyone got some cheap 650 rims?

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
I went on a ride on the weekend, and there was a bloke with 650b wheels riding with us. His bike had substantially shorter travel than mine, but we were about the same speed on the downhills. Therefore, 650b's are actually faster.

Thats the same level of science you are using buddy.

Nevermind there was another bloke who left us for dead and another bloke who lagged behind the whole pack. What wheel's were they riding? Tune in next week to find out.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Doesn't matter,,, in a couple of years the only place you'll be able to buy 26in is in an antique shop... So much for the "we're just giving the buyer more options" :)

moorey

call me Mia
Doesn't matter,,, in a couple of years the only place you'll be able to buy 26in is in an antique shop... So much for the "we're just giving the buyer more options" :)
Or from me. I'm stockpiling for the apocalypse.... Bring blank cheques.
Keep up the new wheel fads. More cheap parts for mugsy here :first:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sure Mitch and Steve crashed but look at it from a different angle, Blenki managed a 5th place ride on a track that definitely wouldn't normally suit him. 27.5 guesses for what size wheels he was running.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Sure Mitch and Steve crashed but look at it from a different angle, Blenki managed a 5th place ride on a track that definitely wouldn't normally suit him. 27.5 guesses for what size wheels he was running.

It's a very good point!!

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah except Blinky is in great form this year and has obviously been working on his fitness. Did the wheels make the difference or the training?

valium

Likes Dirt
kinda wanted to see the dude on the 29'er enduro win just for shits and giggles.

Anywho, I ride 650b and love it, but think that DH should be wheel size restricted so that they don't adjust the nature of the tracks to suit different wheels. DH should be gnar as.

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
Wow......another baseless thread about wheel sizes. Well fucking done OP *claps*.
Yes

again?

you mother fuckers need jesus.
Yes

kinda wanted to see the dude on the 29'er enduro win just for shits and giggles.

Anywho, I ride 650b and love it, but think that DH should be wheel size restricted so that they don't adjust the nature of the tracks to suit different wheels. DH should be gnar as.
And yes! Imagine a 29'er on a bmx track LMAO

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Doesn't matter,,, in a couple of years the only place you'll be able to buy 26in is in an antique shop.
That's bullshit and will never happen. This whole thing will, and already is going to go full circle and the marketing bollocks that stooge companies are hauling at easy beats will run it's course and be all over. In the end, mountain biking will be the winner, not the fat pricks making new brochures and paying pro riders to ride stupid looking bikes.

scblack

Leucocholic

I disagree, but you are not wrong in any way. There has been some good discussion raised on this point about making a rule to restrict wheelsizes in MTB.

The best argument is basically this:
  • The UCI have SEVERELY restricted any change or different parts in road cycling - to the point of banning shoes because they are too "aerodynamic" - event though MANY other components are designed for aerodynamic efficiency. Performance has been held back to maintain the "appearance" of a traditional road bike. EVERY part on a World Tour roadie has to be specifically passed by the UCI, and that retards innovation in a very very big way.
  • The counter argument is that "Mountain biking" has always been the "innovator" discipline and welcomes changes if a company or rider feels they work better. Disc brakes and many other components have been filtered through MTB in the pursuit of advantage. If wheelsizes were restricted in MTB this ethos would be lost.

Basically MTB has always introduced new concepts for bikes, and if we make rules to restrict wheel sizes that innovative endeavour to improve will be restricted. Wheelsizes may prove to be performance neutral - but hey, if you want to try, away you go.

haltz

Likes Dirt
They're making bikes with different sized wheels? Get the fuck out! Someone send me a link I wanna see one!
I'd imagine bigger wheels would roll faster but you'd lose strength and they wouldn't corner as well as 26. Does that sound right to anyone else?

moorey

call me Mia
They're making bikes with different sized wheels? Get the fuck out! Someone send me a link I wanna see one!
I'd imagine bigger wheels would roll faster but you'd lose strength and they wouldn't corner as well as 26. Does that sound right to anyone else?
To most of people, it will sound mostly right..mostly...

MARKL

Eats Squid
Basically MTB has always introduced new concepts for bikes, and if we make rules to restrict wheel sizes that innovative endeavour to improve will be restricted. Wheelsizes may prove to be performance neutral - but hey, if you want to try, away you go.
+1, the only rule I would introduce is that Andora, Champery and Val di Sol are always on the world cup circuit.