The stupid questions thread.

J

JaRedy

How come we can see the moon during the day, but cant see the sun during the night?

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Friends of my in-laws were embarrassed when the husband’s penis got stuck in the vacuum cleaner. The couple said that they accidentally broke a glass while he was lying in bed in the nude and the broken bits fell on him. To clean it up she got the vacuum cleaner and next thing you know they are heading to the hospital.
There are 4 ex paramedics where I currently work and some of the stories they have regarding objects that "found" their way into peoples body cavities are ridiculous. One of the weirder ones was a guy who was eventually diagnosed with not 1, but 2 small glass Moccona coffee jars in his colon. The jars had been used to store the wife's craft items. X-ray revealed 2 jars....I containing pins with coloured balls at the end and the other with little metallic stars. I suspect that the bewildered wife would not be drinking Moccona coffee at home anymore.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a high end mtb.. Is it a fashion faux pas to run different hubs front and rear? Say a hope Pro2 front, DT swiss 240 rear? Best trade off of weight/price/function/bling.

Tigger75

Likes Bikes
online bike store Bali?

I'm in the market for a new bike and have decided to get a yeti sb 95 and have been looking at TBSM for a very reasonable price but I just came across an online bike store from Bali of all places called Hard MTB and there prices are heaps cheaper (by nearly $2000 on a carbon model) Does any one no if I have any hidden costs like import duty or anything else? It seems to good to be true and they say they can deliver within a week. Does this sound a bit dodgey to anyone or is it just a great deal. Check them out and let me know

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in the market for a new bike and have decided to get a yeti sb 95 and have been looking at TBSM for a very reasonable price but I just came across an online bike store from Bali of all places called Hard MTB and there prices are heaps cheaper (by nearly $2000 on a carbon model) Does any one no if I have any hidden costs like import duty or anything else? It seems to good to be true and they say they can deliver within a week. Does this sound a bit dodgey to anyone or is it just a great deal. Check them out and let me know
100% a scam. There are a lot of pop up online shops in SE Asia running businesses like that.. They're always scams.

Tigger75

Likes Bikes
sounded to good to be true. the site looked very professional I wonder if I can report them to someone before somebody gets ripped off

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounded to good to be true. the site looked very professional I wonder if I can report them to someone before somebody gets ripped off
Anyone with a bit of website design experience can set up a decent looking online store using a template in a few days without any difficulty.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What would happen if you inhaled while in space?
You'd go pop?

Is there a way to rig a Soda Stream with a bigger co2 cylinder I could put under the sink, so I don't have to pay 50c a litre with their name branded gas?

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
You'd go pop?

Is there a way to rig a Soda Stream with a bigger co2 cylinder I could put under the sink, so I don't have to pay 50c a litre with their name branded gas?
I would guess so, assuming they use some form of industry standard fitting. But the initial outlay for hose, adapters and pressure regulator would be fairly high. Probably best bet would be to talk to a home brew store that sells some form of kegerattor, they should have most of the gear to do it.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would guess so, assuming they use some form of industry standard fitting. But the initial outlay for hose, adapters and pressure regulator would be fairly high. Probably best bet would be to talk to a home brew store that sells some form of kegerattor, they should have most of the gear to do it.
Damn fizzy water is too expensive :( I think long term it would work out the same it seems. Oh well, never hurts to ask.

Carry on :)

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn fizzy water is too expensive :( I think long term it would work out the same it seems. Oh well, never hurts to ask.

Carry on :)

Yes. You can hire the large cylinders of gas. The added bonus is that if you enjoy partaking in 'nangs' you can go nuts and get a seemingly endless number of low cost headspins per day.

Last edited: