HMBA Super G All Mountain - Paterson

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
Earlier in the thread it was stated that this event won't be catered. I was just wondering if this was still the case? Or will there be any provisions to buy cold drinks or lunch maybe?
The reason I ask is that I will probably be dropped at the race in the morning and be picked up after the race and don't really want to be lugging around a full day of supplies on race runs.
Could anyone tell me what other options I have or is anyone in the same boat and has planed for this?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Earlier in the thread it was stated that this event won't be catered. I was just wondering if this was still the case? Or will there be any provisions to buy cold drinks or lunch maybe?
The reason I ask is that I will probably be dropped at the race in the morning and be picked up after the race and don't really want to be lugging around a full day of supplies on race runs.
Could anyone tell me what other options I have or is anyone in the same boat and has planed for this?
I'll have a car there most likely with an esky. You are welcome to store your stuff there.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
We'll probably have a BBQ setup and cold drinks available, but I can't 100% guarantee it. Best be a little bit prepared and bring some non-perishable foods and the like just to be on the safe side. We should be able to find somewhere to stash your stuff either way so you don't have to cart it all over the place.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
We'll probably have a BBQ setup and cold drinks available, but I can't 100% guarantee it. Best be a little bit prepared and bring some non-perishable foods and the like just to be on the safe side. We should be able to find somewhere to stash your stuff either way so you don't have to cart it all over the place.
I think I have convinced my lovely wife and kids to run a BBQ lunch and drinks..

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
I'll have a car there most likely with an esky. You are welcome to store your stuff there.
Cheers guys for the offer to look after my stuff but it looks like I should be able to drive myself.
By the way, what time will the practice shuttles finish on Saturday? I'm thinking of coming up sat arvo and hopefully staying at a pub close buy (any suggestions?) and wouldn't mind a couple of runs.

The_Kovacian

Cannon Fodder
entry details

Hi,

I registered online and was wondering do we pick up our entry numbers on the day or will they be posted out..also what time is it best to rock up...

cheers.
Steve

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Hi,

I registered online and was wondering do we pick up our entry numbers on the day or will they be posted out..also what time is it best to rock up...

cheers.
Steve
Hi Steve,

You will pick up your plate on the day when you arrive and we check you off, there are some times posted on the first page of this thread... check them out and post back here if you have any further questions.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Cheers guys for the offer to look after my stuff but it looks like I should be able to drive myself.
By the way, what time will the practice shuttles finish on Saturday? I'm thinking of coming up sat arvo and hopefully staying at a pub close buy (any suggestions?) and wouldn't mind a couple of runs.
Shuttles will finish up around beer o'clock, if you're coming up Saturday arvo swing past anyway we should be able to sort you a run as long as there is some daylight left. As far as the pubs go I know there are a couple in Paterson but unsure if they do accommodation or not. Bring a tent/swag/tarp and you can spend the night under the stars with the rest of us.

colaboys9

Cannon Fodder
loan bikes

For the juniors and ladies who don't have a bike and would like to have a go at this race, Yeti Oz :hail:the importers of the best mountain ever made, have donated a couple of ASR7 all mountain rigs to loan out, I also have a short Yeti 4X bike and a small Marin Quake. If you are interested PM me, conditions are that you have to pre-enter and go to the build day, mainly so we can set the bike up for you and you can have a run on it.
Definition of a junior is under 18 and a lady is a person who is female.
hi, a friend has just told me about this event and my brother and i are quite keen to addend but while he has a downhill bike i dont, so just wondering if theres any chance of getting a loan bike still, i am fifteen years old.

cheers.

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
hi, a friend has just told me about this event and my brother and i are quite keen to addend but while he has a downhill bike i dont, so just wondering if theres any chance of getting a loan bike still, i am fifteen years old.

cheers.
Not a problem you are booked in. Come and see us at rego and will fix you up with a bike.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Due to a fantasic and almost overwhelming response with the online entries we have decided to preemptively cap the number of riders for this event to 100, so if you know of anyone who is still on the fence tell them they had better get a move on and get their entry in.

Rivdog76

Cannon Fodder
Loan Bikes

Hi, I was told about this event by a group of friends at school and I am really keen about it, they also mentioned you can get loan bikes for the event, I was wondering if there is any still available for loan, if there is can I book one. I am fifteen years old and don't have an all mountain bike

Thanks a lot, River

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Hi, I was told about this event by a group of friends at school and I am really keen about it, they also mentioned you can get loan bikes for the event, I was wondering if there is any still available for loan, if there is can I book one. I am fifteen years old and don't have an all mountain bike

Thanks a lot, River
Yeh I've got one more, I'm just waiting on a new rear axle, but I should have it on Wednesday, be good to see you there.

Likes Bikes
i'm going to sign up for my first race. Got a Q regarding the $20 non MTBA fee, does this get you membership? If not, is it worth joining MTBA first then registering for the race?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
i'm going to sign up for my first race. Got a Q regarding the $20 non MTBA fee, does this get you membership? If not, is it worth joining MTBA first then registering for the race?
Hi 910,

This event is a fantastic choice for your first race, we look forward to seeing you there.

In regards to your question you do not get membership to MTBA with the $20 day licence fee, this fee covers your insurance etc for this event only. If you plan on doing a few more events over the next twelve months then it would definately be worth joining MTBA otherwise you will have to pay the $20 for each and every MTBA sanctioned event that you enter. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call if you are planning to join specifically for this event just to ensure that your application can be processed before the weekend.