HMBA Super G All Mountain - Paterson

Likes Bikes
Hi 910,

This event is a fantastic choice for your first race, we look forward to seeing you there.

In regards to your question you do not get membership to MTBA with the $20 day licence fee, this fee covers your insurance etc for this event only. If you plan on doing a few more events over the next twelve months then it would definately be worth joining MTBA otherwise you will have to pay the $20 for each and every MTBA sanctioned event that you enter. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call if you are planning to join specifically for this event just to ensure that your application can be processed before the weekend.
thanks have registered with single day MTBA fee

On a side note is anybody driving up on saturday arvo or sunday morning that has space for me and my ride? I live in Tighes Hill and happy to meet for pick up anywhere in central Newcastle

cheers

Muskboy

Cannon Fodder
I'm driving up from Sydney early Sunday morning for the race if anyone would like to carpool from Sydney?

I'm leaving from the north shore around Chatswood. See you guys there!

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Hey muskboy I'm sorted for a lift, as a friend is picking me up from lindfield.

But if you want to drive up with us in your car in a convoy (our car is full) let me know!

Actually don't worry im going up Saturday! cya there.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Rider Briefing

Due to the logistics of this event it may not be possible to assemble everyone at the start of the day for the traditional rider briefing, so I have posted it below. Please take the time to read it over and post up any questions, copies will be available at sign on and the timing tents on the day in case you need a refresher.

RACE SCHEDULE
08:00 - 09:00 Sign On
08:30 - 10:00 Shuttles to the top and practice for "Bovine Inspiration"
10:00 - 11:00 Racing "Bovine Inspiration"
11:00 - 12:00 Practice for "The Square Mile"
12:00 - 13:00 Racing "The Square Mile"
13:00 - 15:00 Lunch and practice for "The Pearly Gates"
15:00 - 16:00 Racing "The Pearl Gates"

The first two tracks are wholly on the top half of the hill therefore you will be required to bring what you need with you, once everyone has been transported to the top the shuttles won't return all the way to the bottom carpark until lunchtime (medical emergencies and major mechanicals excepted).
Practice for "The Square Mile" will begin for some while race runs are being concluded for others on "Bovine Inspiration", to keep the shuttle vehicles away from the racers they will continue to travel up "The Square Mile" until the sweep rider has cleared the "Bovine Inspiration" course. During this time there will be two cross over points where the shuttle has right of way these will be signposted and marshalled.

RACE FORMAT
Riders will complete three timed runs on three different tracks and will be ranked according to the fastest combined time.
All riders must be at the start at the allocated start times, riders will self seed and leave the start at 30 second intervals.
If a faster rider catches you during a race run they are required to call “Track” or similar. You are obligated to pull off the riding line and let the rider pass as soon as it is safe to do so.
All riders must be courteous to each other and the event volunteers during the course of the day, any issues can be referred to the event commissaire.
Some sections of the course have a clearly defined trail whilst other sections will be defined via bunting. All competitors are required to remain on the marked course, if you exit the course at any point then you must return to that point before continuing your run. Any competitior who is found guilty of short cutting the course will be allocated time penalties at the discretion of the event commissaire.

SHUTTLES
All riders receive six shuttle runs as part of their event entry fee, riders who entered online receive a bonus two additional shuttles. Each time a competitor places their bike onto the shuttle trailer the driver will place a tally mark onto your registration plate and record your registration number and once your allocated shuttle runs have been used you will be required to make your own way. Note that private shuttle are strictly forbidden.

INJURED RIDER
If you come across an injured rider you must stop and stay with the injured rider. The next rider down is to continue to the next marshal point or the finish line to alert first aid. Anyone who assists an injured rider will be offered a re-run.

BICYCLES
All bikes must be mechanically sound and equipped with two working brakes.
Helmets complying to Australian Standards and MTBA requirements must worn by competitors at all times during practice and racing. Full face helmets are not mandatory but may be worn at rider discretion.
It is acceptable for competitors to use different bikes on different courses however you will have only one registration plate which must be transferred between bikes. Bikes without an event registration plate will not be allowed on course.

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Big news from our mate Russell over at XS Energy Drinks they'll be onsite on Sunday to keep you charged up with their no sugar, no carbs, no bull refreshing beverages. It's tipped to be a scorching day so make sure you drop into the RGB tent and say hi.

MTB XS PROMO - RGB.jpg

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
The pearly gates run finishes at the car park so if you bring lunch you will be able to leave it in your car or there is going to be a BBQ too.

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
For those camping Saturday & thinking they'd get to the pub for dinner, the Tavern is booked out (due to fishing club event) but the Courthouse hotel has space so long as you order before the band starts at 8pm. Use northerners have our priorities sorted.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Online Entries Now Closed

Obviously when we said that we would close the online entries when they reached 100 you lot took that as a challenge, we have just hit 100 competitors and the online entries are now closed thanks to all who got their entries in. We will still be accepting on the day entries if you are keen to race but as per the rules posted earlier in this thread you will have to potentially wait till the back of the queue for shuttles and if we run short on time you might have to ride up to the top.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I have just added the following to the rider briefing...

Some sections of the course have a clearly defined trail whilst other sections will be defined via bunting. All competitors are required to remain on the marked course, if you exit the course at any point then you must return to that point before continuing your run. Any competitior who is found guilty of short cutting the course will be allocated time penalties at the discretion of the event commissaire.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I think I have convinced my lovely wife and kids to run a BBQ lunch and drinks..
Due to the high probability of a complete fire ban on the day we have decided that there will not be a BBQ, please plan accordingly. With the increased risk of bush fire and recent events in the area means that we will be observng a no open flame policy for the duration of the event.

l.richards

Likes Bikes
Hi there, i will be heading out tomorrow and i was just wondering what the go is with spectators... Will they be able to see the riding from various places and do they need a shuttle to get to the courses?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Hi there, i will be heading out tomorrow and i was just wondering what the go is with spectators... Will they be able to see the riding from various places and do they need a shuttle to get to the courses?
More than welcome to come and heckle the punters, it is possible to walk up but it will be less effort to jump on the back of a shuttle.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got home from the event. I had a blast. Even though I'm far from fast, it was great to have a fair crack and race against my mates. I'll most definitely be back next year.

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes who made it a great day. Congratulations, you've got a winner of an event.

Can't wait for the times to be posted online so I can see how I did against my buddies.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Just got home from the event. I had a blast. Even though I'm far from fast, it was great to have a fair crack and race against my mates. I'll most definitely be back next year.

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes who made it a great day. Congratulations, you've got a winner of an event.

Can't wait for the times to be posted online so I can see how I did against my buddies.
This. Big thanks to all involved, was a lot of fun!