HMBA Super G All Mountain - Paterson

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Hunter Mountain Bike Association, in conjunction with our event sponsor Peter Evans and Associates Solicitors and Attorneys, are set to host the Paterson Super G All Mountain event on Sunday October 20, 2013.

We will have three individual gravity tracks and it will be the fastest combined times that will take the podium spots. Those of you who raced with us last year should have fond memories of the "Pearly Gates" track, well it's back in and along for the ride with two new decent runs "Bovine Inspiration" and "The Square Mile". I will post GPS, elevation and "how to get there" information a little closer to the event date.

All racers will be allocated two shuttle uplifts for each track, that is one for a recon run and one more for your race run. Any additional practice runs, time permitting, will require you to make your own way to the top with no private shuttles allowed.

Entry to this class event will be $35 per rider (including race and shuttle fees) and an additional $20 for anyone who does not hold current MTBA membership. Event sign in will be from 8am and the first shuttle runs will begin at 9am. Please follow this link https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1613 to complete your online registration.

In an effort to provide you with minimum shuttle turn around times and maximum ride time all entrants are encouraged to register online prior to the event. Those who pre-register will be given custom race numbers and race day super powers to leap ahead of the "on the day" entrants in both the shuttle and start gate queue.

We will have first aid and a toilet on site. At this stage the event won't be catered so please bring your own lunch and drinks. If you happen to forget, there are options for both only five minutes away in Paterson.

Camping will be available on-site (no amenities however) for race entrants on Saturday night before the race for a small donation to the land owner.

The event venue is on private property and as such cannot be accessed outside of HMBA sanctioned events. Stay tuned here for further event details and a working bee weekend closer to the event date.

Need any more information? Feel free to post up here or contact the club. Now let the heckling begin...

Edit 09-09-2013:
Shuttles will also be available Saturday for an additional $15 for those who have pre-registered online, which is even more reason to come and make a weekend of it and enjoy everything the trails have to offer.

Last edited:

bilbo

Likes Bikes
Sounds like a great format and a great days riding, I am in. Is it at the same venue as the 8 hr, that was an awesome place to camp and ride

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Online registration is now open!!!

Please follow the link to throw your hat in ring https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=1613.
For those who get their entry in early we are going to sweeten the deal a little with BONUS SHUTTLES. Use them however you want... an extra practice run to dial that section of track, or perhaps a cruisy run once the racing is done to just enjoy the trails.

The itinerary for the day will look a little like this
08:00 - 09:00 Sign On

08:30 - 10:00 Shuttles to the top and practice for "The Square Mile"
10:00 - 11:00 Racing "The Square Mile"

11:00 - 12:00 Practice for "Bovine Inspiration"
12:00 - 13:00 Racing "Bovine Inspiration"

13:00 - 15:00 Lunch and practice for "The Pearly Gates"
15:00 - 16:00 Racing "The Pearl Gates"

Please note that the first two tracks are wholly on the top half of the hill therefore you will be required to bring what you need with you, once everyone has been transported to the top the shuttles won't return all the way to the bottom carpark until lunchtime.
(medical emergencies and major mechanicals excepted)

There will be a working bee on the long weekend Sunday 6th and Monday 7th. So if your available bring what you've got in the way of tools, suitable shoes, hat, water, etc and don't forget your bike as there will be opportunity for push up runs after we have finished for those who lend a hand. Those interested in camping are also welcome to bring tent/swag/bike trailer with beds and stay the night with us.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
why no Supermasters would I racing against 40 yr old kids ?
We weren't sure if there would be the numbers to make up decent size classes to run every category. We can however sort you into any groupings you want on the day, whether it be a group of Supermasters, Single Speeders or Cyclocross bikes... if there is more than two we'll run the group. Just enter online into whatever category is closest and let us know your preference on the day at sign in.

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
are the tracks long and is there much pedalling involved?
Hi bigred2284,

The tracks are only short, less than 3km each and you can pedal as much or as little as you like as all of the tracks traverse down the hill. I will be posting GPS and elevation details some time in the next couple of weeks.
If you would like to have a look at the tracks before race day you are most welcome to come and lend a hand on one of the build days as posted above.

Last edited:

bilbo

Likes Bikes
Is there an age restriction on this event. My 11 year old son is keen to ride, he is not a downhill racer but can roll the ourimbah track

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Is there an age restriction on this event. My 11 year old son is keen to ride, he is not a downhill racer but can roll the ourimbah track
Hi Bilbo,

Definately not, I have a twelve year old son who is a frequent antagonist at these events. If he can ride the Ourimbah track then he will have no problems at all with any of the tracks at Paterson.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
i was going to postthis on the AMB facebook page ,but i get a malware warnig and can't enter your site.

http://www.google.com.au/interstitial?url=http://www.hmba.asn.au/

do you have any other link available?

is it still on as there is nothing on your calendar either.
Hi Dreggsy,

I have just been posting the link direct from the Rotorburn page, no idea what the malware thing is about that is the first time that I have seen that. I'll send an email to the club and see if they can sort it.

From what I hear the site calander is temperamental at best so it doesn't get updated very often, but be assured that the event is still on and if anything changes to the contrary I will post an update to this thread.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Dreggsy,

I have just been posting the link direct from the Rotorburn page, no idea what the malware thing is about that is the first time that I have seen that. I'll send an email to the club and see if they can sort it.

From what I hear the site calander is temperamental at best so it doesn't get updated very often, but be assured that the event is still on and if anything changes to the contrary I will post an update to this thread.
Yeah cool, no probbs, it might just be my works firewall, anyway i posted it up on the AMB facebook page for you to help spread the love.

See you there!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yeah cool, no probbs, it might just be my works firewall, anyway i posted it up on the AMB facebook page for you to help spread the love.

See you there!
Cheers Dreggsy,

Thanks for sharing the love, much appreciated.

I checked the website myself and got the same malware warning, so it's not just you. I have been informed that the club IT department is onto it and that once it has been sorted we'll add the event to the calander as well.