Mont 24 advice

ChopSticks

Banned
AMEN !
clearly all the negative feedback throughout the last few days have been enough for SPE to take action.
had people sat back and accepted SPE's initial proposition... we wouldn't have a reschedule.

so :thumb: for those who spoke up!

hopefully the existing teams wont have too many drop outs, and SPE can iron out the details.
ie. those that cant make new date, partial refund to them?
does the 30% off next year still stand?
can entries be sold/transfer until X date?

look forward to making the trek down to Canberra again !

Last edited:

nandez

Cannon Fodder
Faith in humanity restored, long live SPE!

Chops good on ya for not taking shit and giving back as good as you got, nice move cashing in on some peoples sense of moral superiority.

Funny thread.

so long and thanks again to The Mont for rehatching ma precious single golden egg.

Saddle up!

moorey

call me Mia
You're a fucking hero of the people chops. You tell yourself that.

I doubt that threats of litigation were what they listened to. More to do with the general disappointment at missing the event.

But hey, keep acting like a kid who dropped his icecream, it's winning you friends and respect.

moorey

call me Mia
Come on mate, give it a rest. You're starting to sound like the whiniest one in this thread.
Respectfully, fuck you. If chops is attempting to claim he is the right, and duly rewarded, I will have things to say about it.

ChopSticks

Banned
Come on mate, give it a rest. You're starting to sound like the whiniest one in this thread.
let him whine... he's still hurt I proved him wrong.

Faith in humanity restored, long live SPE!

Chops good on ya for not taking shit and giving back as good as you got, nice move cashing in on some peoples sense of moral superiority.
just standing up for whats right
see you there mate !!!

You're a fucking hero of the people chops. You tell yourself that.

I doubt that threats of litigation were what they listened to. More to do with the general disappointment at missing the event.
as a matter of fact I will.... you on the otherhand come off as a Clown on RB. :thumb:
LOL and you really honestly thing it was becuase of that?.... they wouldve been crunching numbers and seeing what would be cheaper.... reschedule or refund as per laws... get real.

moorey

call me Mia
let him whine... he's still hurt I proved him wrong.

just standing up for whats right
see you there mate !!!

as a matter of fact I will.... you on the otherhand come off as a Clown on RB. :thumb:
LOL and you really honestly thing it was becuase of that?.... they wouldve been crunching numbers and seeing what would be cheaper.... reschedule or refund as per laws... get real.
Bahaha.
Oh, man. You are one deluded fuck.
Anyway, I'm over it. I know you won't race. You are already looking to sell your entry for a profit.

DeBloot

Feeling old
AMEN !
clearly all the negative feedback throughout the last few days have been enough for SPE to take action.
had people sat back and accepted SPE's initial proposition... we wouldn't have a reschedule.

so :thumb: for those who spoke up!

hopefully the existing teams wont have too many drop outs, and SPE can iron out the details.
ie. those that cant make new date, partial refund to them?
does the 30% off next year still stand?
can entries be sold/transfer until X date?

look forward to making the trek down to Canberra again !
mate
get off your fucking high horse
Go and earn your fancy degree and work on your fancy bike
But in the meantime, why don't you pick up a shovel
And go and actually do something real for the sport

mitchy_

Llama calmer
go look up the Dunning-Kruger effect, chopsdick.

you are too stupid to realise that you are in fact stupid.

HI all,

I'm heading to theMont 24 for the first time after a late offer to join 6man team.

Haven't done much XC racing let alone 24hr racingand interested in learning from your combined experience in all facets,
ie:
training prep
bike set up (this in particular, have anold hardtail but will most likely ride dual sus trailbike)
technical nature of course
recovery and management during

Won't be bothering the elite guys, justtrying to be prepped to get most out of the weekend.
Time to train now mate, no excuses !!!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I hope they cope financially.

SPE - if you're listening, there a lot of locals who love and appreciate all the trails. I for one will making sure I get to a track building day to help out, the very least I can do.

You've gone way above and beyond here, and it's a shame you had to cop so much.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
The new date for the Mont 24 Hour Race is 25-26 October 2014

Same weekend as the Bright 24 hour in VIC - that's going hurt numbers across both races.

The Scott 24 is on the month before (27&28 September 2014) - will interstaters be interested in 2 x 24hr races within 4 weeks? Only time will tell.

The Wombat 24 (VIC) I think scheduled for early Dec 2014 too.

Will be interesting to see if the mtb community can sustain 4 x 24 hour events in such a short period.

Obviously chops will enter all 4 races as he is such a big supporter of the MTB community .................

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
mate
nice one Mr Bloot

Chops-such a smug little worm- still wants refunds for those that cant make it and reduction for next year- anything else you want. You are one of the ugliest people Ive never met

ChopSticks

Banned
Bahaha.
Oh, man. You are one deluded fuck.
Anyway, I'm over it. I know you won't race. You are already looking to sell your entry for a profit.
Moorey.... everything I have said in this thread have been based on truth/facts/rights..... you on the other hand have resorted to personal attacks to prove your point. Shows how stupid you really are.

mate
lol What high horse am I on? Truth?

Actually...as a matter of fact I will continue my fancy degree while working full time.... pays well and I fucking enjoy life :)

You dont know me mate, have you ridden with me? do you know me as a person?
how do you know I dont pick up any shovels? Because I dont mention it or take photos?

what have YOU done for the sport? how do I know you have picked up a shovel? lets not make assumptions when you don't know squat :)

another thing to mention.... Contributing to this forum with helpful advice is just as beneficial to this sport. So... what have you done? I haven't seen you on the trails. I haven't seen you pick up a shovel, nor have i seen you give advice (not saying you havent... I just havent seen it, so I'll make the assumption you haven't/don't)
All I see if you riding a 301 ...... but hey.. I'm only assuming :)

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
go look up the Dunning-Kruger effect, chopsdick.

you are too stupid to realise that you are in fact stupid.
Lol, interesting subject, just happened upon a golden quote though

"
Studies on the Dunning–Kruger effect tend to focus on American test subjects. A study on some East Asian subjects suggested that something like the opposite of the Dunning–Kruger effect may operate on self-assessment and motivation to improve.[13] East Asians tend to underestimate their abilities, and see underachievement as a chance to improve themselves and get along with others."

;)

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey.... everything I have said in this thread have been based on truth/facts/rights..... you on the other hand have resorted to personal attacks to prove your point. Shows how stupid you really are.

lol What high horse am I on? Truth?

Actually...as a matter of fact I will continue my fancy degree while working full time.... pays well and I fucking enjoy life :)

You dont know me mate, have you ridden with me? do you know me as a person?
how do you know I dont pick up any shovels? Because I dont mention it or take photos?

what have YOU done for the sport? how do I know you have picked up a shovel? lets not make assumptions when you don't know squat :)

another thing to mention.... Contributing to this forum with helpful advice is just as beneficial to this sport. So... what have you done? I haven't seen you on the trails. I haven't seen you pick up a shovel, nor have i seen you give advice (not saying you havent... I just havent seen it, so I'll make the assumption you haven't/don't)
All I see if you riding a 301 ...... but hey.. I'm only assuming :)
Bar officially lowered.
Yes, chops. I'm the one looking like a cock. :thumb:

scblack

Leucocholic
chopsticks you are WRONG.

The legal term we are dealing here is "Act of God". If a person cannot perform the stipulations of a contract due to circumstances out of their control, they have a basis that provides them a defence from having to perform their promise. It is a very basic legal concept which applies in situations where floods, earthquakes, fires or any event out of normal control render the performance of the contract impossible. It is fair to say that applies to the Mont weather conditions.

It is often the practice for people/companies to offer partial or full refunds in these situations - as they wish to keep good relations with their customers. They are NOT obligated to do so.

Do not carry on with the delusion that your whining and bitching about refunds brought this result about. They have just shown good faith to their customers. Props to SPE.