Little Things You Hate

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
I took off the tip of my thumb in the latch of the cabin door on a drill rig I was operating.. Still not sure exactly how i managed to get my thumb there while closing the door behind me..

Nurse wasn't impressed when I rocked up in her office with a dirty rag wrapped around the thumb 14 hours later. I was paid by the metre, fucked if a minor flesh injury was going to cost me $$ !!

....and now I manage safety in high risk environments. Win!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If we are having one of those days...I cut the side off the tip of my right index finger in a meat slicer set to 3mm while cutting up pepperoni for pizza topping. It felt like a tiny pinch at the time and blood sprayed across the shop. Boss was kind enough to find the piece of finger in the pile of meat.

slowmick

38-39"
crushed the top of my pointer finger between two concrete bench seats at primary school. off to sick bay. one kid was nice enough to bring the end of my finger with nail to the sick bay. took me ages to learn to write while it healed.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
crushed the top of my pointer finger between two concrete bench seats at primary school. off to sick bay. one kid was nice enough to bring the end of my finger with nail to the sick bay. took me ages to learn to write while it healed.
Don't you just hate illiteracy?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got some fish hooks caught in my rectum......only just found out you should leave them in the box........
leave them in the plastic bag is what the manual said...

That is shit news. In the article they talked about the need for shared space...this is flawed as shared space obviously didn't work. What cyclists need is specific space.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hmmm, that's a shocker. I looked at the street view of the intersection and yeah, there's nothing there for cyclists. If it were me, I would not have put myself on that road on a bike, it looks far too busy and has way too many variables.
Secondly, I've spent some time in the same model truck that is shown in the link. In an attempt to not sound like a wanker, it's worth noting that visibility around this vehicle is very slim. Most of the time, you can't see any of the car that may be parked at the lights in front of you if things are tight, the bonnet is long and flat and you're a fair way up. I've seen trucks pulled up at the lights and cyclists and motor bike riders weave through the traffic to get to the front. The truck driver has to know what's going on around him but in an instance like that, he'll have no fucking idea that you've pedaled along beside him and you're sitting in a blind spot. This accident could be a case of that where he's driven away from the lights and not known about the woman on the bike until it's too late.
Trucks need a lot more room to operate and far too many road users don't know that. Before you pipe up and say that trucks shouldn't be in the city you should consider that the things you require in the city don't fall out of the sky, they need to get there somehow and it needs to be done en mass.
Sorry for the bad taste but trucks and cyclists don't mix and should not share the same space.

Minlak

custom titis
Hmmm, that's a shocker. I looked at the street view of the intersection and yeah, there's nothing there for cyclists. If it were me, I would not have put myself on that road on a bike, it looks far too busy and has way too many variables.
Secondly, I've spent some time in the same model truck that is shown in the link. In an attempt to not sound like a wanker, it's worth noting that visibility around this vehicle is very slim. Most of the time, you can't see any of the car that may be parked at the lights in front of you if things are tight, the bonnet is long and flat and you're a fair way up. I've seen trucks pulled up at the lights and cyclists and motor bike riders weave through the traffic to get to the front. The truck driver has to know what's going on around him but in an instance like that, he'll have no fucking idea that you've pedaled along beside him and you're sitting in a blind spot. This accident could be a case of that where he's driven away from the lights and not known about the woman on the bike until it's too late.
Trucks need a lot more room to operate and far too many road users don't know that. Before you pipe up and say that trucks shouldn't be in the city you should consider that the things you require in the city don't fall out of the sky, they need to get there somehow and it needs to be done en mass.
Sorry for the bad taste but trucks and cyclists don't mix and should not share the same space.
So many people don't get this.... (I am not arguing a cyclists right to be there so don't start another car vs bike rant internet people)... (We don't know the facts here yet either so not commenting on this particular case)

Minlak

custom titis
So I fitted a maxxis ikon I have in the shed that hasn't been used that came off my old bike. I fitted it up and it looks wobbly seems to be seated properly but when it spins it looks buckled. My rim was creaking so I took it off to check the rim and trued the rim at the same time. Mounted the tyre again and the tyre still looks buckled when you spin it. I have new tyres here but want to set them up tubeless on my new wheels that are coming. Now I have seen it wobbling I can't stop watching it when I ride.

LTIH:- waiting for new stuff
LTIH:- compulsive behaviour

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Prowling eat street looking for dinner...why the fark(!) Do dead shits parade around in sons of anarchy hoodies?

Litl - $10 burrito night.

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Ltih: that when the hosties cut over the in flight entertainment on planes they come through at max fucking volume. Does my head in every time.. Watching a movie and suddenly BAM I'm half deaf and forced to use what's left of my hearing to listen to shit I'm not interested in

stirk

Burner
Seeing a guy on the news protesting about Uni fees sporting a blow dried and brushed hair do and a bushranger beard. If that's not bad enough he was wearing a Dead Kennedy's t-shirt!!

I'm hoping he bought it at jay jay's thinking he'd look cool and not actually know the band, if he knew the DK's would he look like a douche?!

Minlak

custom titis
LTIH:- Waiting.......
I have new wheels coming I waited 3ish weeks for... that's ok they had to be built so I ordered a new cassette, new chainring, new chain and Oneup components 42t Sprocket and XT cage. Now the wheels will be here next week but it seems the sprockets take closer to 4 weeks unless you pay the huge shipping fees. They didn't even send it for 5 days after I ordered it. So more waiting. I have new bars, grips, drive chain, pedals, bling bits to fit but want to do them all on the one day but now just waiting.......

Did I mention I hate waiting?

kwikee

Likes Dirt
LTIH- injuries that seem to get worse with time!
Had an OTB incident @ Lysterfield last weekend, felt ok and thought I'd just bruised my thumb a bit and had a bit of an ache in the ribs and shoulder. Now I can barely move the thumb, my ribs hurt when I cough, laugh or move and I have tender spots on my shoulder, both thighs and right knee. Sucks getting old...
Might have to go see a doc.

slowmick

38-39"
I'm with you Kwikee

LTIH - old man injuries and recovery Times. Managed to dislocate and fracture my shoulder on the last day of Winter. riding weather has been awesome since i did it. am sick of sleeping in a recliner, typing with one hand and riding only to the letter box when the wife is not looking.

so many plans laid to waste.

Signed up for the whole Alpine Gravity Enduro series, have gigs lined up with the band (first in months) and have been working on finishing the renovations on the house (including a new kitchen) while stying to start a family (not going smoothly). So many things to do and so much time sitting on the couch achieving nothing. put my back out the other morning - probably because i can't get comfortable to sleep. 2 more weeks of sling before i get another x-ray and see if i can start rehab

can't drive so wife is taking me to and from work. for one little fucking injury i feel like half a man.

Rant over. think i'll walk down the shopping centre and get the new Revo issue.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Ungrateful,self centred Uni students that you go out of your way for on a weekend and you get about 5 out of 25 students saying "thanks for supporting us and opening up on the weekend" so I can catch up on my assessment pieces......
Yeah,shit ill give up my whole weekend to help you .....never again.
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Staunch

Eats Squid
Having a fucked immune system at the moment. Got a throat infection a couple of weeks back, almost got back to 100% better and boom, caught the flu. Have so much shit to get done and now I can't be assed to do any of it.