Little Things You Hate

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
When a hospital 'informs' you verballly of a $450 excess on your private health cover whilst you're all hepped up on goofballs, then fails to send out an actual invoice instead leaving it up to a debt collection agency to send a lovely letter of demand straight out of the blue 8 months later.

All less than a week after a $295 speeding fine and a $350 electricity bill (there's only me in the house and I'm away working half the time!)

Fuck me dead...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
and a $350 electricity bill (there's only me in the house and I'm away working half the time!)

Fuck me dead...
Well, I think there's the answer to both yours and Dozers situation. All the Aust Post delivery staff are around at your place playing PS3 and microwaving their vindaloos...

takai

Eats Squid
Could be worse. It could be fast way. I have 3 parcels out for delivery today with 3 different drivers that all checked out the parcels from the same delivery center under 2mins apart.

Not only that I'm sure one will try leaving it without a signature despite it being specifically sig required.

If I had the option for this stuff to have it sent via auspost I probably would. I dislike fast way that much.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Well, I think there's the answer to both yours and Dozers situation. All the Aust Post delivery staff are around at your place playing PS3 and microwaving their vindaloos...
Well the least they could have done is drop off the initial invoice whilst they were there. And my bloody Soundwave tickets whilst they're at it.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...I dislike fast way that much.
My last Fastway delivery took 5 business days "in transit" between Syd and Canberra. I sent them a message after 4 days inquiring as to how something could be in transit between those two places for so long. It took them several weeks to respond to the message with a generic sort of "we're looking into it". By that time the thing had arrived.

Not sure why companies use Fastway. Are they the cheapest?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
When a hospital 'informs' you verballly of a $450 excess on your private health cover whilst you're all hepped up on goofballs, then fails to send out an actual invoice instead leaving it up to a debt collection agency to send a lovely letter of demand straight out of the blue 8 months later.

All less than a week after a $295 speeding fine and a $350 electricity bill (there's only me in the house and I'm away working half the time!)

Fuck me dead...
I went down this path a while ago and was told that there's some law that any excess payable needs to be signed for by you before the procedure. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the practice cannot put you on the books until you've paid it and signed for it. Take 'em down!

Didn't you get home from a long period of work a few months ago and realise you'd left half the lights in the house on you bong head?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I went down this path a while ago and was told that there's some law that any excess payable needs to be signed for by you before the procedure. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the practice cannot put you on the books until you've paid it and signed for it. Take 'em down!

Didn't you get home from a long period of work a few months ago and realise you'd left half the lights in the house on you bong head?
Oh there's no mistake with the 'leccy bill. I'm terrible for leaving everything running. Having the house decked out like a branch of Retravision doesn't help much either...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I flew from Melb to Singapore on Monday, 9.45am flight, so was at Tullamarine at 7.45ish. Only being in the country for 5 days I just stuck to Sing time, so I was up at ~4am after a hectic weekend with the boys. Flight was delayed by about 6 hours so I headed back to customs to head out, get some fresh air, find something to do. Melb airport is not a transit airport, there is nothing to do once you have passed the couple of duty free shops & bought a bacon & egg sanga. Customs guy says OK, 6 hour delay means we can leave the departure terminal & checks me back in to the country. Apparently we need to be accompanied by Qantas staff, so puts the call through to the gate. The response comes in from Qantas that the delay is only 5.45 hrs so no one is getting out. Spend the next 9.5 hrs in departures while the delay is blown out again & again & then get on a plane with 300 odd other hostile commuters for a 1 am Sing arrival time.

LTIH That gnawing feeling that Qantas knew the delay would be longer but posted it as just under 6 hrs to avoid all the hassle of letting all of us out through customs.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I simply do not fly Qantas.

So, little things I hate about today:

A coffee shop that refuses to serve before 08:30 regardless of the fact that they have 8 people standing there watching them do everything else but turn the coffee machine on.

A person that recommends you a bunch of books for research completely neglecting to tell you that they have borrowed 95% of those exact books already

University internet that can barely hold on for more than a few minutes

Work mates in other time zones that expect you to be available for teleconferences at midnight and 01:00 yet come 5pm their time they are out the door and uncontactable.

going for a ride to get some of the negative energy out of you after a shit day and blowing your less than a year old rear shock

Thinking "oh well, I know I totally destroyed my best times on a few sections of tracks and stand a really good chance of a KOM" only to find out that Strava is a fucking joke and not even worth turning on.

Fuck today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

So, little things I hate about today:

A coffee shop that refuses to serve before 08:30 regardless of the fact that they have 8 people standing there watching them do everything else but turn the coffee machine on.

A person that recommends you a bunch of books for research completely neglecting to tell you that they have borrowed 95% of those exact books already

Work mates in other time zones that expect you to be available for teleconferences at midnight and 01:00 yet come 5pm their time they are out the door and uncontactable.

going for a ride to get some of the negative energy out of you after a shit day and blowing your less than a year old rear shock

Thinking "oh well, I know I totally destroyed my best times on a few sections of tracks and stand a really good chance of a KOM" only to find out that Strava is a fucking joke and not even worth turning on.

Fuck today.
#winning...

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
^ yep. That young lad posting his whinge about the bike sale didn't know what he was up against.
At least you learnt a strava lesson. :croc:

stirk

Burner
Peeling awful stickers off wheel rims and they break apart into pieces rather than peel off cleanly and when you eventually pick it all off it leaves a gum residue which needs turps to remove.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt

Fuck today.
ANU internet is the worst wireless system I have ever used. My theory is they employ someone full time to randomly disconnect people, making the rest of the IT staff appear useful and thus allowing them to keep their jobs.

That and half the buildings appear functionally be faraday cages, not allowing any form of signal in or out. Great if you want cold war security, not so much if you want to access your email.