Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

wombat

Lives in a hole
Awesome fellas, much appreciated.

Rims actually showed up today, so I could just get off my arse and measure them, but then I've gotta find spokes, and bleh. I'll order 266/268 tomorrow!

This will be the graphic I'll probably run on them too.

Attachments

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here is my build. It's the second set I've done. 38mm hookless 26" on profile elite hubs with Sapim CX-Ray spokes.

Z

Zaf

ENVE stickers on wheels that aren't ENVE's. Why do people do this?
Also your wheel sticker spacing is asymmetrical, you hack!

Z

Zaf

Oh yeah, we're all bikebro's here! And as long as you ride you're going a good way to being an alright person in my books.
I guess that's what hurts, that they're lying to me. :sad:

Might go the other way in the end. Maybe the people who buy ENVE's will be laughed at for having to spend 3-4x as much for a wheel of comparable performance.

EDIT: The ridiculousness of that last sentence just hit me.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
ENVE stickers on wheels that aren't ENVE's. Why do people do this?
Also your wheel sticker spacing is asymmetrical, you hack!
Would enve wheels be so popular if they didn't have such garish and obvious stickers?

Never seen an enve wheel with the stickers pulled off, so I'm not sure who is motivated by what

( of course could just be jealous - I mean if someone gave me a set, I wouldn't say no)

ChopSticks

Banned
Never seen an enve wheel with the stickers pulled off, so I'm not sure who is motivated by what

( of course could just be jealous - I mean if someone gave me a set, I wouldn't say no)

Funny my you mention that.... Some guy on here actually did remove enve stickers off his genuine wheels for less trail head turning :loco:

can't remember who it was.....xgthyo? Or was it some guy who won them in a DIY video contest? Can't remember... But true story lol

im totally against putting stickers/badgers on things that aren't the real thing.....
I love rolling down my windows and telling the tosser he has a nice AMG.....c200

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Awesome fellas, much appreciated.

Rims actually showed up today, so I could just get off my arse and measure them, but then I've gotta find spokes, and bleh. I'll order 266/268 tomorrow!

This will be the graphic I'll probably run on them too.
what is the logo supposed to say? i make out FNVE..?

Funny my you mention that.... Some guy on here actually did remove enve stickers off his genuine wheels for less trail head turning :loco:

can't remember who it was.....xgthyo? Or was it some guy who won them in a DIY video contest? Can't remember... But true story lol

im totally against putting stickers/badgers on things that aren't the real thing.....
I love rolling down my windows and telling the tosser he has a nice AMG.....c200
merc make a C200 with an AMG sport pack.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
what is the logo supposed to say? i make out FNVE..?

merc make a C200 with an AMG sport pack.

Fake

Sport pack usually has a toned down body kit, firmer suspension (maybe)
but doesn't have AMG logos on the side... Nor does the C200 become a c32/63

Z

Zaf

Minty did it, he has murdered out decals on his Enve's now that you need to squint to notice. Looks SEXY!!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Steve24 removed the stickers from his Enve 26" XC wheelset on DT240's and couldn't GIVE them away....

He ordered a new set, applied them and they went in minutes!

Shows what a bunch of twats people are!

Enve or wannabe Enve decals on chinese rims just scream dickwad poser to me!

Get some Schwarzbrenners or AX Lightness and we'll talk.... :boink::boink::boink:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Visable red nipples = ENVE fail. I've rolled my eyes at this like when I say my mum's LV purse for $5 from Thailand :mmph:

I've seen some LB33 stickers or similar which look nice, and aren't lying.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Fake

Sport pack usually has a toned down body kit, firmer suspension (maybe)
but doesn't have AMG logos on the side... Nor does the C200 become a c32/63
if it has AMG parts, i see no issue with the badge. they aren't badging it as a C63, so the badge doesn't misrepresent it.

you put an enve decal on your yeti. i dont remember yeti making an sb66 enve edition...

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Each to their own. I thought the rims looked boring the way they were. I had a screaming newborn when I was attempting to attach the decals hence I stuffed the spacing. Sorted now tho..

I just couldn't find a nice decal to finish it off and these worked for me. You better join the kit car forums and tell them of your disgust for copying the Caterham.

Here is my first set. Let the anger continue: