Free stuff

SummitFever

Eats Squid
After the general bad vibe brought about by some sharp practices engaged in by a selfish minority in the for sale area, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the great guys and gals of Rotorburn that have given stuff away for free. I've been the recipient of a few Rotorburn freebies and I've tried to give away my fair share of stuff to help out others too.

Anyway, my "stuff I got for free" story is this: I needed a set of air adjustable forks for my offroad tandem. I can't remember exactly how it came about, I might have put up a WTB add, but before I knew it I had a PM from some bloke called "Moorey" was offering me a free set of Manitou Nixons. They were in pretty good shape when I got them and with a bit of a service, some internal mods and a fresh coat of paint/new stickers, they have been an awesome fork for the tandem.

I'm sure there's plenty of other Burners out there who have benefited from the generosity of others, so this will be the place to embarrass those bloody do-gooders.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I also have been on the recieving end of some spectacular generosity. Too may things to recall each individually. A couple that spring to mind recently:
Dales Cannon: Reba's for daughters bike.
redline316: numerous things and constant offers for more.
Eastie: Hope hub axle and spares.

Some totes great burners out there, fighting the good fight :hug:

Last edited:

camoshop

Banned
Pharcyde: Gave me some ardent gum walls for free, i paid it forward and gave some funn sol jam pedals i bought to some one for free.
Kyle: Gave me crossmark to try, was fast, but my odd couldnt handle the miss match.
Ackland:Sent me a thunder burt for cost of postage to try out.
Knuckles: Gave me some xt brakes for free, i blackmailed him after he accidentally emailed me a pic that was meant for his wife :tape2:

:heh:

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I also have been on the recieving end of some spectacular generosity. Too may things to recall each individually. A couple that spring to mind recently:
Dales Cannon: Reba's for daughters bike.
redline316: numerous things and constant offers for more.
Eastie: Hope hub axle and spares.

Some totes great burners out there, fighting the good fight :hug:
I think Moorey will top the list . Has helped me out a few times . One day i shall repay .

stirk

Burner
I've recently received offers of personal help, thanks to MARKL when I was having locked tight lockring issue, and poodle also offered 90kg of bark to the cause.

Mostly I just get lots of free laughs and hopefully give them back too...:heh:

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, he's helped me out in the past.

Neat little 6mm aluminium square for the 9 speed clutched fix.
Let's not forget the chainstay protector you just sent me :hug:
knuckles has donated to both me and my friends.
Disappearin has sent me unsolicited stuff.
Handsome Georg (OP) has given me advice and time that money can't buy.

Literally dozens of other people, that I can't eve recall at this second :sorry:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Summitfever
Steve24
Moorey
Pistonbroke
Mitchy

That's all I can remember for the moment, if there is anyone I have forgotten, please forgive me!!!!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Probably won't be popular but......
ChopSticks
Dirty dingo

Then there's:
Eastie
Pistonbroke (bike for the daughter)
Moorey
Beno (frame for the boy)

Probably others that I'm to selfish and dumb to remember.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Dancam. A cracking retro Giant ATX 860 with dodgy single speed conversion.
Mercblue (my current frame)
Moorey, both freebies and loans
Knuckles, as for Moorey.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Knuckles gave me a free set of forks last year. Unfortunately they are a bit too short and I've never used them. I suppose they should go to a good home.

Another member who shall remain nameless once gave me a pill of dubious origin a couple of hours before I had to go to the airport. That was an interesting flight, I can tell you!

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I'm not sure what I did to offend knuckles, but it seems he's been giving away free stuff to every burner but me?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Didn't come with pedals. I think there's a law against shifting a bike with pedals.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Great idea guys, good to see. ;)
I've gotten some gear from Harmonix. He sent it to me when I was out of the game with an injury so I spent some time tinkering more than I needed to.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Norm (Chopsticks) kindly sent me a Shimano Olive set for free. He PM'd me totally out of the blue after seeing a post in my bike thread about being missing one and posted me one!

I sent a set of Hope rear QR adaptors to someone on here.