DH Banshee Darkside :===::×××××××××××> Spitfire & NS Surge & Dartmoor Hornet

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
3D printed crank boots?

Won't the hard plastic just break on impact?
I've got some proper yellow and green ones at home, might just suck it up and put the green ones on even though they don't match the frame.

Ideate

what software are you using?

I have been using netfabb with good success
Usually tinkercad for little things like this. If it's more complex I'll go sketchup or blender depending on what needs to be done. I hate using blender though. Never heard of netfabb. I might take a look.

Ideate

3D printed crank boots?

Won't the hard plastic just break on impact?
I've got some proper yellow and green ones at home, might just suck it up and put the green ones on even though they don't match the frame.
Might but it's pretty tuff and easy to replace. Definitely prevent shuttle gauges. I just wanted something to print really.. I'm happy they fit first time around (I could improve on the fit and design though).

binner

Hath shat hymself
a bit of info , you may already know though...

I see you have a 2up printer there.... I found a plate of glass is better than the flexi pinhole base, then get a gluestick and rub the glue stick on the plate glass to act as a release agent, also a tip for gluing two objects together as in if you cant fit your object on the print you can dissect and build in 2 pieces (using netfabb) then glue together with plumbers glue....

Ideate

I see you have a 2up printer there.... I found a plate of glass is better than the flexi pinhole base, then get a gluestick and rub the glue stick on the plate glass to act as a release agent...
Thanks, I'll give that a go although I haven't had any trouble with the pin hole plate yet. None of the other 3d printers at work use this sort of plate (more like a slick surface, like a plastic binder cover).

binner

Hath shat hymself
keep it warm

Thanks, I'll give that a go although I haven't had any trouble with the pin hole plate yet. None of the other 3d printers at work use this sort of plate (more like a slick surface, like a plastic binder cover).
we have a couple of the makerbot printers and they are absolute crap.... all went wrong when they sold out a few years back....

another good idea is to surround the printer esp if you are in air con or fans running as the lower temp makes the bed go cold, only a problem if you are doing max footprint on the base....

slowmick

38-39"
something, something darkside....

sorry - it's what i hear in my head every time i see your thread. awesome looking bike by the way.:thumb:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
how did i miss this thread... i long for an all black darkside, with black forks. the yellow wheels set it off perfectly!

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Have heard of a few people getting werid things like that from that shop. No chain guide? I was going to run the exact seat and seat post before I sold it.