Is this a joke?

Ivan

Eats Squid
I guess we'll find out on 24/3/16 :nerd:

It's been up on reddit for a while, but no-one seems to be talking about it.

madstace

Likes Dirt
This just proves that derailleur systems have finally jumped the shark. My new bike will have 12 speeds, but not at the back..... :eyebrows:

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blimey, I've got no idea what gear i'm in on 10sp, my 11sp roadie throws me a loop... 12!

I was good at 8. Better than 7, still better than 9.

Minlak

custom titis
Sram etap is here too can't wait for it to hit MTB

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XlLwu-SDo5w[/video]

stirk

Burner
The joke is the reply's to the thread.

One bloke says this.

Can't you just imagine.....28x50 ???? Talk about going nowhere fast.

Well, just because you are running a 28 ring I don't think anyone would with a 50T cog. Larger cog larger ring higher top gear.

And someone else starts going on about a 1% difference in gear ratios, the fuckwit, it all about range in gearing.

I'd be very happy with 11 speed 10-55 cassette as I could run 34/36 ring and get a decent top gear but keep my granny.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Mate, I am trying to find out some more info on etap for eagle MTB.... any word?
You will be waiting a while I suspect given how long SRAM tested Etap for road before releasing to the public.
There are also no rumours or spy-shots from pros which is normally where we find out something is in the works.
As a DI2 user, I can say that the biggest advantage is in the front syncro shifting. And front shifting is the whole reason most people are now on 1x... because SRAM front derailleurs were rubbish ;)

Keachy

Likes Dirt
Yeah I've used di2 on road and find it amazing +++. But not going to make the change to mtb purely due to the fact it's still a tangible wire which shits me. In trying to find out a potential please date one forum said getting the torque out of the small battery to change a clutch derailleur might be a contributing factor in its postponed release. Cheers mano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Please everyone, hurry and buy the new 12speed so that I can get the unloved 11speed at a good price.

You'll really need it to go faster and if you want to win races.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Please everyone, hurry and buy the new 12speed so that I can get the unloved 11speed at a good price.

You'll really need it to go faster and if you want to win races.
If I was buying a new bike and it came with Sram 12 speed I would fully embrace it, but right now I'm super happy with my 'poor man's Eagle', which is an $80 Sunrace 11 - 46t cassette paired with X01 derailleur and shifter. I'm sure Sunrace and NX would work just as well, which would possibly be even cheaper than Shimano. I have an NX shifter on another bike and it is really light and crisp.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If I was buying a new bike and it came with Sram 12 speed I would fully embrace it, but right now I'm super happy with my 'poor man's Eagle', which is an $80 Sunrace 11 - 46t cassette paired with X01 derailleur and shifter. I'm sure Sunrace and NX would work just as well, which would possibly be even cheaper than Shimano. I have an NX shifter on another bike and it is really light and crisp.
I might go down that path eventually.