New rules for cyclists in NSW - Safe passing distances, but massive fines as well....

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Rekless riding i believe.

I hope it is just propaganda though, jesus titty fucking h christ wtf is happening if it's true

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Source? Please no. Seems like i should stop my rubbish trackstands that lead me to jump the lights on occasions. Had a car pass within a foot of me today on my commute. Nothing has changed.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
This is all i could find online

https://mobile.twitter.com/icycleivote/status/707450252824092672

The owner of my syd. lbs told me about it this afternoon. I don't have solid proof but it's not unbelievable.

It's getting really out of hand out there now, it seems theres more aggression towards cyclists than ever.

Fuckin 2ue/2gb whatever it is and the daily telegraphs comment section. I think people are forgetting it's just orher people on bikes, with families, and there just trying to get theough life just like them.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'm perfectly happy for them to be fined if the charge is smart arse poser wankers, but dangerous...? If you can track stand for a full cycle of a set of lights (and no, I sure as fuck cant and do wonder what its like to have that level of coordination!!!), I'm pretty sure you're enough of a gun rider to not pose a risk to yourself or anyone else.

But it was only a matter of time before some guns ho cops decided to push the boundaries.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is all i could find online

https://mobile.twitter.com/icycleivote/status/707450252824092672

The owner of my syd. lbs told me about it this afternoon. I don't have solid proof but it's not unbelievable.

It's getting really out of hand out there now, it seems theres more aggression towards cyclists than ever.

Fuckin 2ue/2gb whatever it is and the daily telegraphs comment section. I think people are forgetting it's just orher people on bikes, with families, and there just trying to get theough life just like them.

We have been soft.on these punks for too long. There's a new marshal in town, and he says "hang em high".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_'Em_High

Seriously though this Minister must have had a pretty rough time in high school due to his last name. Now he has the power and all the jocks are going to pay!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Last edited:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been watching proceedings in the senate for the disallowance motion. Duncan gay was very superficial and selective in what he chose to put forth, and the Amy gillet foundation once again came through as an organisation happy to rubber stamp things for the minister, not really surprising since it's run by a liberal party staffer.
the speeches from those supporting the disallowance motion showed far more breadth and that they had actually done some basic research. unfortunately it won't be decided by common sense but on what bribes can be offered to the swing votes from shooters and fishers and fred nile's party.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've been watching proceedings in the senate for the disallowance motion. Duncan gay was very superficial and selective in what he chose to put forth, and the Amy gillet foundation once again came through as an organisation happy to rubber stamp things for the minister, not really surprising since it's run by a liberal party staffer.
the speeches from those supporting the disallowance motion showed far more breadth and that they had actually done some basic research. unfortunately it won't be decided by common sense but on what bribes can be offered to the swing votes from shooters and fishers and fred nile's party.
Oh good. This means common sense will prevail.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah sure, like selling out the right to silence in order to get more places to shoot animals dead for giggles.
Those animals had it coming. They don't call them koala bears because they are cute and cuddly. Plus people in wilderness areas and parklands should just keep their eyes/ears open for shooters. Their personal safety is their own responsibility. #nannystate

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
They are amongst us...

[video=youtube;Nc2BJu1IhLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2BJu1IhLI[/video]
I really hope that she is being contacted by people to do an expose on people with obvious issues and why they shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how about those drivers that get booked repetitively for not sticking to the passing law be required to ride a bike for a month. If they are going to revenue raise, it would be great if the sent some of the cash to some kind of program

Ivan

Eats Squid
how about those drivers that get booked repetitively for not sticking to the passing law be required to ride a bike for a month. If they are going to revenue raise, it would be great if the sent some of the cash to some kind of program

You think they're out there booking people for passing cyclists too closely?!?

I believe it's a law they'll charge someone with after an incident.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
They are amongst us...

[video=youtube;Nc2BJu1IhLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2BJu1IhLI[/video]
It's a faked video, by a fake profile. The audio was added after. I haven't watched it though, because I know I found out it was faked first.
I don't want to add to the view count

mtboer

Likes Dirt

I agree. Then they will say 'we have proof' as they actually hit you.

MARKL

Eats Squid
It's a faked video, by a fake profile. The audio was added after. I haven't watched it though, because I know I found out it was faked first.
I don't want to add to the view count
C'mon, nobody could fake 'do you even human...'

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I agree. Then they will say 'we have proof' as they actually hit you.

Pffffft. You guys are delusional conspiracy theorists. When that accident happens, it will be the cyclists fault. If they weren't riding dangerously they wouldn't have crashed.